December 13, 2010

J Rose Allister is our guest today. Her book titled Sinful Ella and the Wolf really caught my attention recently, and she's here to tell us a bit about it.
Tell us about your latest book.
SINFUL ELLA AND THE WOLF is a scorching tale of sex, lies, and royal secrets. Why is The Prince of Frey suddenly unable to control the dark secret that could destroy him? When his wolf begins forcing itself to the surface on the full moon and racing off to a nondescript manor in the woods, he risks exposure to the kingdom that has no idea what lurks inside their prince. Jarrod’s most trusted guard—the only one who knows the prince’s secret—believes the wolf is coming out to claim a mate. Jarrod refuses to risk his crown or an innocent woman by seeking love, but his wolf has other ideas. And meanwhile, Jarrod has no idea that the woman his wolf is intent on claiming has secrets of her own—she is being tutored in the ways of pain and pleasure by a pair of mistresses who entertain wealthy men for a price. Though Ella is not permitted a man’s touch, she learns what she can in hopes of pleasing the man she dreams she will someday love.
What did you enjoy most about writing this book?
I love taking favorite fairy tales and adding hot and unexpected twists. SINFUL ELLA AND THE WOLF is a Cinderella tale like folks have never seen!
Do you live in the mountains, desert, forest, lakeshore, city, or _____?
I live in the Southern California desert, basically, halfway between L.A. and Palm Springs.
What genres and authors would we find you reading when taking a break from your own writing?
I read romance, primarily, and quite often paranormal romance. Right now I’m reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels (I’m a big True Blood fan) but I’m also a frequent flyer of Debbie Macomber, Hannah Howell, Karen Marie Moning, and an old Laurell K. Hamilton fan. However, I can also be found poking my nose into the likes of Stephen King and Dean Koontz, my two favorite non-romance authors.
When writing your description of your hero/ine what feature do you start with? Eyes, age, hair color, personality, name, etc?
How I start off descriptions depends on the story! Usually the name pops up first, or near first. Some stories start off with a physical description, but other times I like to mix it up with something a bit different. In SINFUL ELLA AND THE WOLF, for instance, Prince Jarrod’s intro begins with him “sniffing” through the woods to trace his own scent. Certainly not something the average prince would be doing, and since Jarrod is not the average prince I felt that fits the bill quite well!
If I was a first time reader of your books, which one would you recommend I start with and why?
Wow, I write a variety of work and would want to know a bit more about your preferences before making a recommendation! If you love paranormal, BDSM, and/or super sizzling sex scenes, SINFUL ELLA AND THE WOLF’s naughty dom stepsisters and royal werewolf secrets would be right up your alley. If you like contemporary and/or ménage, KATA SUTRA’s dual sexy martial arts instructors could be just the “zen” read you’re after! And if you like romance with a fantasy flair, THEIR SECRET PARADISE whisks readers off to a land of supernaturally influenced passion. Dig those Hollywood hunks? My first title, VISIONS, entwines a reluctant psychic with the hot movie start who accidentally “catches” her visions—and then begins seeing a rather smoldering future involving the two of them.
What do you hope readers take with them after reading one of your stories?
I’m all about the S.S.—aka the Satisfied Sigh. You know the one, where we sigh in contentment when we’ve finished a really good story. We have taken an intriguing trip through a plot that left us fulfilled and happy for characters we feel we know personally by the end. If readers get a good S.S. out of my books, I’m pleased as punch.
A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be (in six words or less)?
Treading the Less Traveled Path…Backwards.
If you were a tool, what would people use you to do?
Currently I’m used as a wallet, granted a well-worn, rather battered one. LOL
You can erase one experience from your past. What will it be?
Nothing. At the risk of waxing overly philosophical, I believe that we would no longer be who we are if we could go back and pluck out moments in our past. Oh, I used to lay awake nights playing “What if you could change one thing” games, sure. But I came to realize that every pivotal moment I have had affected everything that came after in some way. These moments are so entwined that there would be no way to surgically remove one without unraveling so many other aspects of myself. So whether good, bad, or desperately ugly, I have to embrace every part of my existence. At least I’ve been fortunate enough to have one!
If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
Warning: Barks Out Random and Sometimes Unnecessary Bits of Sarcastic Humor.
Picture yourself as a store. Considering your personality and lifestyle, what type of products would be sold there?
It would be a highly specialized store that carried earth friendly feng shui items for homeschooling romance authors. It would also feature a coffee kiosk/ smoothie bar.
What is the one question you wish an interviewer would ask you?
Would you autograph the set of your collected works that I just purchased? LOL
Booklist:
Suite Seduction http://bit.ly/bja9aj
Sinful Ella And The Wolf http://bit.ly/dbhle9
Bewitching Love http://bit.ly/actqkn
Coming Soon:
Tropical Heat - Early 2011
Seduced by an Angel - Spring 2011
Immortal Menage - 2011
Contests:
Twelve Sizzling Days of Christmas
Giveaways every day December 12-23
http://jroseallister.com/twelvedays.html
Links:

1 comment:

  1. Rose, thank you for being my guest today. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us - the interview was fun, and I loved your warning label! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...