May 14, 2012

Random Act of Kindness Blitz for Janet E Jones

A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community

Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.

So many people take the time to make us feel special, don't they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.


Kindness ROCKS!

To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!

**I am Blitzing Janet Elizabeth Jones who is an author, artist, graphic designer, web designer, and friend. For more than eight years, she has faithfully encouraged me, and no matter how things were going with her own career -- good or bad -- she has always taken time to help me with mine. As my RAOK, I am going to tweet a link to her book Incubus, which is one of my favorite reads, every day for a month. I hope it brings her new readers and introduces many new people to her universe of amazing vampires and other creatures.Meical rocks! To help me make this gift to Janet special, will you join her very quiet announcement group The Night Raven Enclave? Thank you. She will be amazed, as she has no idea I'm doing this! There are many for whom and to whom I am profoundly grateful. Rather than try to name them (because I would miss some due to my own memory), I pledge to work to let them know I appreciate them in every way I can. I hope you'll do the same with folks who are special to you.

Do you know someone that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? Don't be shy--come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)

Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.

Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness?  Let me know in the comments!

12 comments:

  1. This is so cool. I was mentioned by a fellow author on her blog and was so amazed. I did not expect it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Kayelle!!!! :D Thank you! I just woke up and am drinking my coffee and hopped online to see wuzzup, and I found a Google Alert for Incubus and checked it out to see what Meical was up to, and it was this sweet RAOK from you :D

    Oh my friend, you have made me feel so special and celebrated today. I feel like the sun came up twice in one morning. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savannah, I saw that! You totally deserve it. Thanks for being who you are and for all you do for others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, Squee! ^_^ I'm so glad that popped up and you found out in a way that made you happy. You mean the world to me. Thank you for being the sister of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet! I have to say, out of all the friends Kayelle has (and she has many) the fact she chose you speaks much of your dedication and friendship. Well done and huge blessings to you for being such a person. Big cyber kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, thank you sweetheart. ^_^ You are another sister of the heart who blesses me every single day. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW - I LOVE Harlequin. I'm on their "Tell Harlequin" Panel and have been for years.

    I hadn't heard of Janet's book until you recommended her. I just bought it. See? This ROAK helped me to find a good book too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet and Kayelle,
    Have known both u ladies for quite sometime now and both of u have taught me a lot about the publishing world, always there to lend a helping hand. Janet is my web mistress and I was so blessed the day I found her through another author friend. Janet is always there, not only for my web site, but other things because I'm so computer illiterate and I know I must drive her insane at time, but she doesn't let me know it. Incubus is just a super read I think everyone should read. Big hugs to Janet and Kayelle...You ladies ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, you just earned another round of blessings and thank yous. ^_^

    Tabitha, yep! Been knowing you a long time. Janet rocks. So cool to be able to share her praises with many today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice! It makes me think about and re-appreciate our cover designer and formatter all over again. What would we do without these people?

    Thanks for joining in on the RAOK event. This has been so wonderful, 'meeting' the people that are special to writers. :)

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great thing to do. Support for a book is always a wonderful act of kindness. :) Congrats to Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angela, I'm thrilled to take part. I bought two copies of the Emotion Thesaurus (one for me, one for Janet) because I am always online checking the blog, and then getting distracted and ending up on every other site. Having it in book form is great!

    Miriam, thank you. I was glad to help. This book is long awaited and I've been looking for a way to thank and support Janet beyond my usual "yersoawesome." ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...