December 16, 2013

Romance: Be Mine This Christmas Night @LesannSartor #RLFblog #Christmas

Be Mine This Christmas Night 
LA Sartor, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, Be Mine This Christmas Night.
Genre: Romance
Publisher: L.A. Sartor
Cover artist: Neringa http://www.dvdezign.com
Length: 288 pages print, apx 40,000 words digital
Heat rating: mild
Tagline: Will Their Wish Come True This Christmas Night?
Blurb:
The Children's Author ...
Annie Hamilton's children's series Star Light~Star Bright is a mega hit. She loves kids and wants nothing more than a family of her own, but twice burned, thrice shy. When a gorgeous man with two young boys moves next door, Annie can't help but dream her impossible dream.
And The Widower Who Moved Next Door ...
Cole Evans is a brilliant scientist, but finds fatherhood a challenge. When his son develops a bond with their enchanting neighbor, the boy's favorite author, Cole discovers just how much he's lost—and how much he needs.
Will Their Wish Come True This Christmas Night?
Can Cole overcome family meddling and alleviate Annie's fears so they can be a ready-made family?
Buy links:
What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Annabelle Hamilton (Annie) 30's, Children's book author
Dr. Cole Evans, late 30's, PhD Atmospheric Physicist
Josh Evans, 7
Peter Evans, 9

Excerpt:

Chapter Two
Mannheim Steamroller played through Annie's earbuds from the MP3 player tucked into her parka pocket. What a glorious morning. The storm had moved on, the sky was brilliantly blue, and the sun sparkled off the pristine white blanket that covered everything.
Three weeks before Christmas and the snow was a foot deep. The forecasters predicted more this week, so Annie decided it was a sign they'd have a white Christmas. Not rational as that date was too many days away to forecast the weather, but she didn't care. Sometimes you just had to believe.
She stopped pushing the snowblower for a moment, catching her breath, leaning against the heavy machine. The weight of the snow-spewing monster on top of no sleep last night took its toll far sooner than normal.
She'd bought the biggest snowblower she could handle, not only because of her wide driveway, but also, once she got going, the whole sidewalk on her side of the street got the Annie treatment.
And it was good exercise, especially when she knew she was going to make her favorite coffee as a treat afterward.
Taking a deep, frosty breath, Annie turned back to resume her task and jumped a foot when Doctor Cole Evans stood right in front of her machine, lips moving.
A chuckle bubbled up and despite her best intention, laughter escaped just as she pulled the earbuds from beneath her cap.
The furrow between his dark brows grew deeper. Annie grasped the handles of the snowblower tighter, fighting the urge to push him into the snow. He needed to lighten up.
"Jeeze, scare me to death. I'm sorry I didn't see you come up, but I was listening to music." She held one earbud closer to his ears so he could hear the Christmas music. If he didn't believe in Christmas, then she was taunting him, and somehow that didn't bother her a bit. Not her normal behavior, but the guy just seemed to push her ornery buttons.
"You don't have to clear our walk. I was going to do it when I came out to clean off the Pilot before I headed for the lab."
"I don't mind—it's good exercise so I can make myself a mocha peppermint coffee topped with whipped cream afterward. What kind of doctor are you that you have a lab?"
"An atmospheric physicist."
Annie's jaw dropped, then she laughed to cover her own astonishment as well as her embarrassment. "Not an MD, then. My mistake."
"Not in a million years. I faint at the sight of blood and anyone will tell you I've got no bedside manner."
"You got that right," she murmured under her breath.
"I'm sorry, what was that?"
"Nothing. Really, I plow the neighbor's walks all the time and it's fun, honest," she said, seeing his skeptical gaze. "You have snow in Virginia, don't you?"
"Of course. The wet slushy kind."
"So you had to remove that, right?"
"Right."
"No different."
"Except you're doing my sidewalk."
"I'm a simple author who does sidewalks on the side, okay?"
He snorted and she loved that he would do so. It was such a plebeian thing to do. Not at all "East Coast."
"Not a simple author. As you may have guessed, Josh loves your books. And having you live next door may be a curse to you."
"Never. I love kids."
"It's evident in your writing."
Not quite believing her ears, she stared at the man standing in front of her. "Why I do believe that's a compliment, which, before you can retract, I'll take," she added swiftly, seeing his mouth open, then shut.
"What are Josh and his brother doing this afternoon? I've got a new character to illustrate and I'd love their input."
"Mitch is taking them Christmas tree shopping, then onto snow shoeing lessons this afternoon."
"Oh. Well that sounds like fun. Who is—"
Annie glanced up as Cole's front door opened. And when did you start thinking of him as Cole instead of Doctor Cole Evans?
The man Annie had seen helping Cole move in stood in the doorway, zipped his parka, and turned back in apparent surprise as Josh pushed past him.
"Annie, we're going Christmas tree shopping. Want to come?"
Cole froze as did the man at the door.
"Hey, Josh."
Without stopping to think, Annie hugged the boy after he ran right up to her.
"Want to introduce me to your brother and friend?" Annie nodded to the man and boy who now stood next to Cole.
"Oh. That's Uncle Mitch. And that," he said, pointing to the youngest in the trio of males standing together, "is my brother, Peter."
Peter stood unmoving and unsmiling until "Uncle Mitch" nudged him. Not Cole, Annie realized, but Mitch. Curious.
Peter looked at Mitch, then at her. "Ah, nice to meet you."
Annie smiled at Peter and held out her hand to Mitch. "And nice to meet you both as well. It's great Cole has a brother nearby."
"I'm Lauren's brother."
Ah. More curious. "My mistake." It was evident by Mitch's clipped tones he didn't like her. He didn't know her at all, but he sure didn't like her already. And that she wasn't invited to their outing was also pretty darn clear.

Interview

If you could change something about your first book, what would it be?
I changed the cover to Dare To Believe once and I'd change it again. If you want to see the first cover, go to www.lasartor and scroll down to the bottom of that first page. I'm not sure how I would change it a third time, but I'd love to hear from the readers of the blog. Chime in. What would you change from my current cover...also on the same website.
How do you cope with stress as an author?
Stone of Heaven
I go into my back yard which is an oasis for me. Pond, views of the mountains, peace. I get away from the computer, and if I still want to write, use the ancient tools of pencil and paper. While I love the computer, it can suck you dry. Too many distractions, and too many things I should be doing as well as writing, like promotion, emails, web-surfing...
Do things your family or friends do ever end up in a book?
Parts of them do and parts of me. I saw a T-shirt once that said, "Be careful what you say or you could end up in my book." True. So watch out J
Which of your books would you recommend to someone who doesn't normally read your genre, and why?
I was at a signing recently and was told by some of the readers who'd stopped by that they don't read romance. So I started thinking about my books and really, they are a journey, not only of the main characters, but I try really hard to take you someplace you may not know. My screenwriting comes in as I set the scene, place you there. I'm told I'm good at it. So yes, it's a love story, but so much more. Now how do I tell you that? Thoughts, dear readers?
Imagine you get to go on a dream vacation, but you have only one hour to pack and leave, and it starts as soon as you finish this interview. What will you take with you and where will you go?
Shorts, bathing suit, sunscreen and my credit cards. Any island where there is sun, sand, palm trees and blue, blue water. Let's go now. Dare To Believe is set both in Hawaii and Colorado. Two of my favorite places.
What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas is. Which is why I HAD to write Be Mine This Christmas Night. I love the magic, hope, peace and goodwill of the season and wish it could last longer, like all year. Wouldn't peace to all and hope for a better tomorrow be a good thing?
Where were you at midnight, on December 31st when the new century started?
Fun question. At home with my husband, waiting for a calamity to befall the bank I was part of. I was on the Y2K team. We were extremely prepared, but YAY, nothing!!
Please underline which statement is more like you:
"I am a vacation spa because I am laid back and relaxed."
"I am a ten-countries in ten-days tour vacation, because I do things as fast as possible."
Both honestly. But If I had to pick...nope, can't do it.

Please complete the sentences

I love pizza with mushrooms, onions, bell peppers-any color and lots of cheese.
I'm always ready for wine and pasta, a good walk and a chat with my best friend.
When I'm alone, I love to read, do cross stitch and play the piano.
You'd never be able to tell, but I can be a very shy person.
If I had a halo it would be gold with diamonds.
If I could win the lotto I'd set up a literacy foundation.
I can never scuba dive again because I'm terrified of drowning, but love to swim.

Previous Books

Dare to Believe
Stone of Heaven

Books Coming Soon

Book 2 of the Carswell Adventure series, featuring Abby this time.
Dare To Believe
Book 2 of the Star ~ Light Bright series, featuring Jen this time.
A new Cozy Series, the Jenna Hart series, set in a mythical Colorado ski town, where Jenna lives and works as a jewelry designer (which I once was J )

About the Author

Leslie Ann Sartor (aka L.A. Sartor) began telling stories around the age of 4 when her mother, at Leslie’s insistence, wrote them down and Leslie illustrated them. As an adult she writes suspense and action adventure novels with a dash of romance, and screenplays—she's had a contracted adaptation! She lives in Colorado with her husband whom she met on a blind date. Leslie loves to travel. She thinks life is an adventure and we should embrace the journey.

Find Me Here

Amazon author site: http://amzn.to/VB7ed9

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kayelle, thank you for having me today. I loved answering the interview questions. Fun. And I hope your readers will enjoy my answers.
    Thanks again,
    ~LA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I focus on the other aspects of my books. I tell people I write Science Fiction with romantic elements. They've never heard of that, and often ask me what it means. Then I get the chance to tell them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...