July 22, 2009

Thank you - from my sister

Pansies stand for thoughts...
Last weekend, my eldest sister's only son was killed in a car accident. A motorcyclist ran a stop sign and plowed into the driver's side door, killing both my nephew and himself. It was a tragic loss to both families; the cyclist's mother and my sister had each experienced the death of another child within the previous year. Jessie, my nephew, left behind his wife Kathy, who was injured but not as severely as their two children. Jessica (10) was in critical condition, and Chuck (13) had broken bones. A moment of inattention has lifelong side effects. Lives were forever changed in that one instant of impact. My sister had felt that there would be no one to remember her son in the way that a soldier's death is remembered -- there would be no lines of people with flags who came out all along the final ride to the funeral and interment. Jessie was everything to his family, but he had no fame, no glory. That tore out my heart, so I asked people on my group, Romance Lives Forever, to email her if they wanted to help her know that her son would not be forgotten. I asked everyone to pass on the message if they wanted. She received so many emails of condolence - from total strangers to her, pledging that prayers and thoughts were with her and with Jessie's family, and that her son was being honored in their thoughts and best wishes. She sent me a message to post on my blog to thank everyone, since there were so many. She wrote: "Can you put this on your blog for me for everyone who sent me messages of condolence? I don't know how many times I've received this message, but every time it comes to me I feel honored to know someone thought this much of me." From my losses, I gain the experience to create a brighter tomorrow. There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore... And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'
I also received many heartfelt emails and posts, and want to tell each of you -- thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers during this time.

img credit: rgbstock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...