August 25, 2011

Author Jerry Race Interview

Welcome Jerry! I've known you for a long time, and I'm glad to see your book finally ready to go! Thank you for being here today.

First, let me thank you Kayelle for letting me blog with you. This is my very first blog interview. So I hope I do it justice.

Jerry Race
More Than a Stud
More Than a Stud is a paranormal m/m erotica romance and features vampires and is about trust. Shane Richards, 24, is a model who discovers he has vampire abilities that have been dormant all his life. Approaching his 25th birthday Shane starts having nightmares about a father whom he has never met. He doesn't understand how he recognizes the man/vampire in his dreams, but he knows that dreams are dreams and anything can happen in them.

Jamie Donovan is a photographer by day and a vampire slayer by night. Jamie has had a crush on Shane ever since he saw him on the cover a gay magazine modeling male fashion wear, and when he appeared as a contestant on America's Top Male Model TV show. Jamie discovers his best friend, Glow Walker who's also part owner of Donovan's Enterprises, a modeling agency, is also a friend of Shane's. He gets her to introduce them.

He soon discovers Shane has trust issues because many people, mostly men, have used him basically to fulfill their sexual fantasies of being with him. So now he has to work slowly to sway the model in his life. Once they are together he slowly begins to feel there's something rather weird about his crush. He has a psychic connection in a dream about the model being a vampire. Is this only a dream or a premonition? And soon he and Glow
must deal with Shane's vampire father. The model starts having nightmares about the father whom he's never met. How can this be done, you ask? Well, in the nightmares he has a vague image of his father's face. He can't figure out why he's having the nightmare, but it has something to do with the upside down gold cross he has. He knows if he actually meets his so-called father he will make him pay for raping the woman who gave him birth. Due to the violence of the rape Shane's mother lives only a few months after he's born. Before she passes, she gives her mother the pendant and tells her it to give to her son.

Armondo Torres, once was king of the west coast vampire clans. However, that changed after he lost the cross which gave him very strong vampiric powers which came from an ancient devil cult. Now, with his abilities weakened his younger brother Dartecc, a greedy, rebellious vampire, kicked him off the throne and took over. Dartecc allowed the clans to go haywire and get out of control. After giving up his search for the pendant, Torres hires a P.I. who is also a vampire to see if he can find the cross. He's desperate to take the throne back and restore peace and order to the clans. Philippe Cortez doesn't take long to find the new owner of this supernatural pendant. He's surprised to discover the new owner is a son that Torres never new existed. Now all he has to do is get father and son together, collect his payment, and let the two men figure out what to do about the ornament.

Q: What is the genre, and does it cross over to other genres? If so, what are they?
This book is an m/m erotica romance mixed with paranormal, featuring vampires.

Q: What did you enjoy most about writing your first book?
Before I wrote this particular book I was writing another. It was a heterosexual horror story about a woman who discovers her apartment manager is a vampire. He wants her, but she isn't interested in him. Anyway, that story was being written during NaNo in 2007. About the second week of that NaNo the story idea for More Than a Stud kept bugging me to start writing it. So I put the other story away and two weeks later I finished the very, very rough draft for MTAS. It took this long for More Than a Stud to be published.

Q: When did you start when writing?
My writing interests began in high school. I met one of the English teachers who was a writer. At that time I'd opted to take an accounting class thinking I'd pursue a career in in that, but I quickly changed my mind. I spoke to the English teacher, Mrs. Harmon, explaining my interest in writing and told her my accounting teacher would let me switch classes. Mrs. Harmon managed to get me into her English class. By the end of the school semester I had written my first short story.

Q: What genres and authors would we find you reading when taking a break from your own writing?
I'm currently reading Amanda Ashley's Dead Perfect which of course has a vampire. He's a romance writer who uses a female pen name. His love interest is dying of a rare blood disease and she hopes he'll turn her into a vampire.

Q: What do you hope readers take with them after reading your work?
Hopefully, that I can weave a great story with fabulous characters and purchase a lot of copies of the book to give to their friends and relative. Hey, a man can dream can't he?

Jerry Race
Q: If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?
On a deserted island protected from the wild oceanic storms. Of course, this fabulous place will be near land filled with people in case I get antsy and want to party for a bit.

Q: What song would best describe your life?
Rambling Rose, since I've done a lot of traveling in the States mostly between Oklahoma, Oregon and California.

Q: If you were a tool, what would people use you to do?
Never thought of that. Perhaps an electric drill so someone can drill a lot of realistic sense into my feeble brain.

Q: Picture yourself as a store. Considering your personality and lifestyle, what type of products would be sold there? 
Lots of pleasant stuff. Fabulous food, assortment of alcoholic beverages, coffee, and of course lots of energy drinks.

Q: If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
Lovable. You may not wish to have any man but him.

Q: What is the one question you wish an interviewer would ask you?
Hmm. Maybe, what would you do if someone, from out of nowhere and for no reason, gave you all the money in the world, what would you do with it? My reply: Have a coronary, recover, and live happily ever after.
Title: More Than a Stud
Buy link:
Available September 2, 2011
Published by: Muse It Hot Publishing

My author page on Muse It Hot

Win a PDF copy of More Than a Stud once the book is released! Comment here to enter. Answer this easy question. What is Jerry's favorite color? One name will be drawn from those who comment, and the book will be provided upon its release.
More Than a Stud
What would you do if you discovered your dark side was real?
Will stakes and fangs keep Shane and Jamie from being a couple before their relationship begins?
Shane Richards, 24, male model, has a few problems. His rival threatens to discredit him if he participates in the upcoming America's Top Male Model contest. Near his twenty-fifth birthday, the dormant vampire abilities within him begin to surface and he starts having nightmares about his so-called father, whom he's never met. As if that isn't enough, one of his male friends who has the hots for him is determined to make him his lover. On his twenty-fifth birthday his nightmares come true and he winds up risking his life in a battle with his father over a pendant with supernatural powers.

Jerry, thank you for sharing your first book with us! 
Don't forget to answer the following question for a chance to win a PDF of More Than a Stud. What is Jerry's favorite color? 


  1. Great post and insight my dear friend. Lovable, huh? Yeah...I'd have to agree. These were very unique questions. Love that and the answers. Congrats on your release date.


  2. Hello Karen! Thanks for commenting. Jerry was a critique partner for me when I wrote Wulf (back in 2006) and was a great help on viewpoint and how a man sees different things. I was really glad to give him a spot here when his book came out. I can vouch for the lovable part -- at least online. He's a sweetie. ^_^

  3. Great interview! Love the "if you were a tool" question! Congrats to Jerry on his upcoming release!!

  4. Okay, I just have to add, I saw that the next comment word verification word is "aness" is this a joke? hahaha.... : )

  5. Jan, you crack me up! I love it when the word somehow fits the post or blog. Too funny!

  6. Congrats on your release Jerry!I know it's been a long time coming. I hope it's everything you hope it to be...aka the book sells like hotcakes. :)

    Loved the interesting interview questions and your answers to them. :-)

    Hmmm....your favorite

  7. Jerry, loved the answers to your questions and it's obvious you have worked hard on this story. I particularly loved the answer about what would you do if someone gave you all the money you would ever need. It sounds like your answer might not be too bad, but I've lived with someone who went through a coronary and life just isn't the same anymore in every way. Too much can happen to spoil your happiness. So I would hope you wouldn't have to go through all that if you prepare yourself beforehand:) You actually do sound lovable.:) I think your favorite color is blue.

  8. Hi Jerry and Kayelle :)
    Jerry, congrats on your upcoming release of More Than A Stud, Teriffic blurb.

    I'm guessing your favorite color is blood red to go along with your vampires.

    Mindy :)

  9. Thanks Karen for your kind words. I enjoyed being a guest blogger with Kayelle. Sorry i haven't replied to your post or any one elses. My replies wouldn't go thru. Hopefully i can reply to everyone today.

  10. hey Kayelle, AS you can see my replies are now going thru.

  11. hi Jan. Thanks for you comment. My answer to the tool question was a surprise to me. it just popped into my feeble brain and rolled out of my fingers

  12. hey Laurie, thanks for your comments. I like the questions a lot. Enjoyed answering them too. Uh, sorry kiddo, wrong color. if you answer again please be more exact on the color. if you answer green try making it a shade of that colorl

  13. hey lionemother. Thanks for your comments young lady. Sorry you had to go thru what you went thru, kiddo. And, uh, kind of close on color. Remember it has to be exactl Like what shade of a color. for instance if you think it is red what shade of red is it?

  14. thank you Mindy. It was fun blogging with Kayelle.


  16. hi ya hotcha. are you the hotcha I know from chats? If so long time no see. And thanks for your comment, but sorry not quite the answer. please don't just say, gray, red, gree, or orange. you need to guess the right shade of the color, kiddo. Try agian if you want.

  17. Hmmm. I'm thinking baby blue. Am I right?

  18. Duh, we have a winner. it's

    Anonymous. Please send your email to me at

    and i will send you a copy of my book More Than A Stud.

  19. I'm very late to Jerry's party...but Jerry told me I could still stop in, no one would mind a late comer.

    Nice interview Kayelle.

    I missed the think I'll head over and pick up a copy of More Than A Stud.


  20. Anonymous was the winner by picking "baby blue" as Jerry's favorite color. So if you happen back along here, Mr or Ms Anon ^_^ Please take a second and email Jerry at to claim your prize.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...