December 16, 2011

Book Addict Cassandra Carr

Cassandra's To Be Read Pile

My name is Cassandra, and I'm a book addict...
by Cassandra Carr

Is there a 12-step program for this? Because I might need it. If you look at the picture in this blog, you'll see my PHYSICAL to-be-read pile. I also have a Nook, which has *mumble mumble* books on it. Suffice it to say my TBR "pile" hovers between 200 and 250 books at any one time. Yes, it's a sickness, but I could do way worse.

People have asked me why I keep buying books if I already have so many, and the answer is surprisingly simple: because if I don't buy a book I know I want to read when it comes out I'll forget about it. I am a very busy author, workshop presenter, wife, and mother. Oh, and rabid Sabres fan. Now, of course if I didn't buy Sweet Addiction, book 6 in Maya Banks' Sweet Series, as soon as it releases in April 2012, I would remember to buy it later because Maya is one of my favorite authors. That and I can't freaking wait for Cole's story...

But what about all the debut authors I want to support? What about when I discover a new-to-me author? WHAT ABOUT A SALE?!?

I will acknowledge that at my current reading speed it will take me about two years to read everything I own at the moment, and that's without buying any new books, which is never gonna happen. You know what? I'm okay with that. I like having a huge stack of books from which to pluck the very one I'm in the mood for.

How many books are in your TBR pile? Do you think I'm crazy? (It's okay if you do. My husband would agree with you.)

Cassandra Carr is a multi-published erotic romance writer who lives in Western New York with her husband, Inspiration, and her daughter, Too Cute for Words. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out on Twitter. Her debut novel, Talk to Me, was released by Loose Id on March 22, 2011. Head Games, Buffalo Intimidators book 1, released on November 2, 2011 from Siren Bookstrand, Caught will release December 13, 2011 from Loose Id, and Impact is coming in early 2012 from Ellora's Cave. For more information about Cassandra, check out her website at, "like" her Facebook fan page at or follow her on Twitter at


  1. Hey Kayelle - thanks for having me today! I'll have you all know I haven't purchased any books today! Of course, it's only 9am, but still...

  2. *gasps* Wow! That 12 step program really works. =^_^=

    My 12 steps usually lead me to the book store, so not sure how good it would be for me... I enjoyed reading your post, and can totally relate.

  3. I see your 200 and raise you about 100 more :) If I actually counted them all, I'd probably faint, though I must admit, I hovered around the 100 range until I got my Kindle, then it shot up :)

  4. Wow Amber! I'm impressed! And I thought my pile

    Thanks for the comment!

  5. Oh no. we have to count the books on Kindle too? Well, there went my nice safe low number. LOL


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...