December 11, 2011

An Interview with Georgina Lee

Georgina, welcome to Romance Lives Forever! Tell us about your latest book.
My latest book is actually part of my very first series. Though I am traditionally published under my real name, this time I wanted to offer some novellas that are really out of the box for me. Hence, The Twin Planet Series was born, of which latest is The Alliance.
Q: What is the genre, and does it cross over to other genres? If so, what are they?
The genre is sci-fi/fantasy romance. The characters aren't human, so I'm not sure if it's sci-fi or fantasy. A real niche genre, I know, but oh, what fun to write! Sci-fi fans would enjoy the series, and I know most romance readers would love it. After all, my characters have heart, yearn to love and be loved.
Q: What did you enjoy most about writing your first book?
I think it's the setting. The Catch, #1 in The Twin Planet Series, is set in a jungle on a distant world. Such a setting was so integral to the plot, I was thrilled to expand on it, and allow it to help develop some unique abilities of the characters, one of which was traveling by light energy stored within my heroine's body.
Q: Where do you start when writing? Research, plotting, outline, or...?
Because I have been traditionally published, an outline and synopsis is vital if you want to sell on synopsis and three chapters. So I begin there, but it's really rough at that point. Then I after I know the setting, basic plot, and characters, I start writing. Once the characters are speaking to me, I can finish the outline, and do some research and just let the story play itself out.
Q: What genres and authors would we find you reading when taking a break from your own writing?
I love Carl Hiaasen, I love Norah Wilson's Dix Dodd series, and LR Hall's mysteries or one of Carol Schede's stories. I don't read as much sci-fi as some may expect, but I am reading Hiding Space by Linda Andrews. I think I must therefore be a cozy or funny mystery reader. I want to be entertained, though, so any good book will do that.
Q: If I was a first time reader of your books, which one would you recommend I start with and why?
I would recommend The Catch, with the added recommendation to just relax, let your imagination flow and let the characters entertain you. Once you've read The Catch, read #2 The Lure. The more of the series of short novellas that you read, the more is revealed about a unique solar system, and its people, who love and live much as we do.
Q: What do you hope readers take with them after reading your work?
I would love for readers to see what was told 2,000 years ago. The greatest thing is love. Love redeems, forgives, gives pleasure and uplifts. Love conquers all.
Q: If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?
Anyplace warm!! I love the heat, and since I live in Canada, I don't get that for much of the year. I love palm trees.
Q: What song would best describe your life?
This is tricky, because I rarely listen to music. I really can't say. Classical music soothes, so any instrumental piece by one of the great composers speak to me most of all.
Q: If you were a tool, what would people use you to do?
Bash away at something. Heck, I'd be a hammer. There is a definite, primal, aggressive part to my personality.
Q: Picture yourself as a store. Considering your personality and lifestyle, what type of products would be sold there?
I would find housewares, calendars, fancy cheeses and wines, comfy furniture. Think some high end boutique mixed with a deli, and a Lazyboy section, and I'll be there browsing.
Q: If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
Hmm, let me see. How about: "Works mornings only. Do not expect much after lunch." Silly, but it's true. I'm by far the most productive early in the day.
Q: What is the one question you wish an interviewer would ask you?
I think I would like to have asked, "How does your childhood still influence you today?" I think we take with us all those things that happened to us during the early years. We can carve away at that shape, but never truly eliminate it. My early years were rough and rocky, but they made me who I am, and I like that person. I guess if you want to know more, you'll have to interview me again, hmmm?
The Time Star - a time travel (not in The Twin Planet Series)
Coming Soon
The Capture  #5 in The Twin Planet Series


  1. Thank you Kayelle, I appreciate the opportunity to showcase my work.

  2. Great interview. Enjoy your books!

  3. I liked the questions about what kind of tool and store you would be and what warning label you might carry. Great interview and intriguing excerpt!

  4. Thank you Deb and Linda! I loved those questions, too. Very unusual, and they made me stop and think.

  5. Oh, delightful interview! Great questions and interesting answers!

  6. Norah, aren't they great questions. Who'd have thought of them. Not me! They took me a while to answer them.

  7. I agree with all, fascinating questions and answers. Gotta love the hammer LOL

  8. Loved your interview, Barbara.
    It's always fun to learn new things about my favorite authors.

  9. Sharon, Lina, so nice of you both to drop by. Yup, I'd be a hammer. Simple tool. LOL. One author answered the question about a warning label that she was explosive, and I thought that was brilliant. I'm not, certainly not after lunch.
    I hope you ladies will check out my books.

  10. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the "tool" question. That was a fun one to think up, and I get many different answers, although you might be surprised how many hammers are out there. ;) Makes me glad I'm not holding any nails for those of you who picked that one! LOL

  11. Kayelle, you should be glad you're not holding a nail for me. My aim is horrible. On the shooting range, I always said, I'd scare the enemy more than anything! Today has been fun, hasn't it?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...