January 25, 2012

Something Different by S A Reid

Something Different - S.A. Reid.
Stephanie Abbott is the face behind the popular pseudonym, S.A. Reid. Well-known for her "real and likeable characters," she also writes paranormal fiction (a new series titled Past Lives is currently being penned), fantasy, and sci-fi. Additionally, she also pens cozy mysteries as Emma Jameson.
What inspired you to want to become a writer?
Reading, I suppose. I loved to read from an early age and by 8 I tried to write my first novel – something about a blind girl who could transform herself into a sighted alley cat. If there was more to the story, I don't recall. Then when I was 11, I met my best friend, Maryam, a much more advanced writer, and had to improve to keep up! So I'll chalk it up to reading and friends.
Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
Many. My new book PROTECTION (writing as S.A. Reid) is out now.
The sequel to my cozy mystery ICE BLUE, called BLUE MURDER (writing as Emma Jameson) should arrive in early spring 2012.
And finally, as Stephanie Abbott, I hope to publish FEARFUL SYMMETRY around June 2012. Three names and three more books!
If you could travel in a Time Machine would you go back to the past or into the future?
I would go into the future. The past is fascinating – I love to write about it – but if I could only pick one, I'd have to see the unknown. Not revisit what's already done.
If you could invite any 5 people to dinner who would you choose?
You didn't specify living or dead, so: Jane Austen, Winston Churchill, Jon Stewart, Oprah Winfrey (in case I, as the hostess, get tongue-tied) and Michael Fassbender. (He's the only guest who won't necessarily have to speak.)
If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?
A magical no-fail laptop, so I could read and write. A magical no-fail camper, so I could shower and sleep in comfort. And a magical no-fail teleporter so I could return to society once I caught up on all that reading and writing.
What is one book everyone should read?
The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot. It will challenge all your assumptions. And no physics degree needed – he explains quantum mechanics so elegantly, anyone can read and enjoy.
If you were a superhero what would your name be?
Needs-A-Do-Over Gal!
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
On the white sands of north Florida, looking out at viridian (green) water every day.
SA Reid, Emma Jameson, Stephanie Abbott
What is your favorite Quote?
To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable. – Oscar Wilde
What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
Look at Amanda Hocking's example. Putting aside whether you love her books or hate them, she is the perfect model for a young writer because her entire focus was writing. Like most of us, she had to work a day job. She worried about bills and all the other real world concerns. But her free time revolved around writing, putting herself out there, accepting feedback, and writing more. That kind of single-minded dedication to her passion makes her a millionaire twice over. More importantly, it gave her the things she wanted most: readers and national exposure as an author.


  1. Welcome, Stephanie - and all the other names under your writer hat. You are one busy woman! Pleased to have you on Romance Lives Forever.

  2. You don't see much fiction out there about past lives/reincarnation. Sounds interesting.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...