February 13, 2012

An Interview with Linda McMaken

Granite Rose.
Linda, Welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Please tell us about your books.

My latest book is called The Granite Rose. It is an historical romance, set in ancient Rome. Yes, it is a very different time period for the usual romances. It is also a very different book for me to write. Most of my writing is romantic comedy, as I find love and romance, well, very fun!

The Granite Rose is set in during an actual event, The Dacian War. The characters that fill the book really existed, Emperor Trajan, Hadrian, Kind Decabalus – my hero and heroine however, did not, they are entirely figments of my overactive imagination. Essentially, it is the story of two people who because of events, politics, and circumstance are forced together.

The hate each other and their hatred moves along cultural lines. As they learn how badly their countries and their families have betrayed them, they discover they are not so different. Soon they realize they are dependent on each other to survive the labyrinth of Roman politics. Once they get past their differences their hearts begin to take over.

Here's a blurb:
Sworn to uphold his Emperor's orders, General Marcus Alexius must silence his inner voice to obey an Imperial command that his conscious is rebelling against.  He is asked to perform a clandestine kidnapping of the Dacian Princess - the princess of a country that executed his brother, and insure her safekeeping.

Sianna Cynara, the Princess of Dacia must endure the treachery of Rome, the enslavement of her country, her people and the horrible realization that her father might have sacrificed her to realize his dreams of Imperialism. 

They are thrust together in a Roman Empire where the Emperor has no heir, and where the dark forces of Rome's elite Patrician society work to ensure one of their own will be named the successor.  The enemies of the Emperor bribe, coerce and murder to ensure General Alexius will never become emperor and that the Dacian Princess becomes a spectator sport in the Coliseum.  Thrust together by elements out of their control, two bitter enemies will find solace in each other's arms and the courage to challenge the powers of the Roman Empire.

If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?
In a wandering RV.

What song would be describe your life?
Twilight Zone

If you came with a warning label what would it say?
Caution, may erupt with uncontrolled laughter at the worst possible moments.

Fill in the Blanks
I love pizza with – pepperoni.
I'm always ready for – camping
When I'm alone – If I told you I'd have to include you in a future novel and it wouldn't be pretty.
You'd never be able to tell but – I'm full of worthless info. Someday I'm gonna win big on Jeopardy.
If I had a halo it would be –Chrome. It's the classic car girl in me.
If I could – travel – I'd – never stop.
I can never – run for president – because – I'm too honest and not "politically correct."

Find Me Here:

Find My Books:


  1. Linda, reading your interview made me laugh so hard my husband wanted to know what was up. When I came across the quote by a reviewer who said the same thing, I completely understood. Baer Truth is on my must have list. Thanks for a good laugh. Looking forward to knowing you better.

  2. Thanks Kayelle what a great compliment! And thank you for hosting me today!

  3. Linda, awesome interview! I laughed out loud when I read about the tractor and the crop circles, and my dogs came running over to see if something's wrong with me! Good job!

  4. Tractor story is classic. I enjoyed your interview.

    Having read Baer Truth I can easily recommend it. I can't wait for book 2.

    I've just started Granite Rose and am impressed with her characters and the flow of the scenes. Another good job Linda.

  5. Thank you so much Walk! You know how to make a girl blush! Thank you.
    And thank you Maria! Glad I made you all laugh! That really feels awesome!

  6. How fun to see these comments and know I'm not alone in laughing myself silly at the tractor story. LOL Thanks to Maria and Walk for stopping by today.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...