March 14, 2012

An Interview with June Kramin

Hunter's Find. 

Tell us about your latest book, including its genre. Does it cross over to other genres? If so, what are they?
My last published Novel is titled Hunter’s Find. It is a Thriller/Suspense but there is enough romantic elements to keep romance readers satisfied. I’ve had a few readers fighting over Hunter. Sorry, ladies. Mandy could take you. ;)

Logline: Helping your prisoner is one thing. Falling in love with her is another all together.
Blurb: Hunt is a small town Sheriff who finds himself in for more than he bargained for when he discovers Mandy beaten and unconscious. After repeated attempts of escaping him, he finds himself now her captive instead. Mandy convinces him she’s after her husband who has kidnapped their daughter and will stop at nothing to find her.
Although his instincts tell him differently, Hunt becomes involved with her and agrees to help. What he doesn’t know is there is no child. Mandy is hiding her involvement with the FBI and the mob, and after revenge. Hunt is in over his head tracking her husband to the isolated cabin and the backlash it causes a year later.
How do you come up with ideas?
If you ever find out, let me know. All of my novels have started from a single idea and I let my characters take it from there. I never outline – I just write. Hunter’s Find started out with a guy walking home from a bar & finding a woman in the bushes. I had no idea the twists it would take.

Book Trailer

Would you consider self publishing?
No. I know a lot of people have had great success with it and I’ll never put down anyone that wants to do so, but I always needed to hear someone say, “I have to have this!” I am thrilled to have found the wonderful publishers I have. Even though I’ve learned a ton about editing and publishing, I won’t take that route.

Are your stories plot or character driven?
Character for sure. As I wrote Hunter’s Find, I knew something was up with Amanda, but I didn’t know what. Even as I wrote her saying, “He’ll want nothing to do with me when he knows what I am,” I had no idea what she was. My characters always surprise me. In Dustin Time – I had no idea Dusty could play the piano. Double Mocha – Ellie? You’re a twin? Nice to know. It’s as exciting for me writing my books as I hope it is for someone reading them. I can never wait to see what unfolds next.

What is the craziest thing you did as a kid, and would it ever end up in a book?
More than a few of the crazy things I’ve done have made its way into my books. Growing up on Maui offered a lot of ways to make people wonder if you had a living brain cell. If there was something warned against doing, we did it. Jumping off bridges, being pulled by a jeep around on a tire through a mud bug, swimming through tunnels… if my mother knew half of it, she would have been gray before her time. 

What are some jobs you've done that would end up in a book?
Most of them have and I’m sure more are to come (I’ve had a lot of jobs). Kaitlyn in Dustin Time was a vet. I worked 4 years for vets. Ellie in Double Mocha, Heavy on Your Phone Number was a barista & Bix added computers. Hubby & I owned a cyber café for 7 years. Regina in Come and Talk to Me worked for a lumberyard. I did that for 4 years as well. OK, maybe I wasn’t a bad@ss FBI agent like Amanda in Hunter’s Find, but it was still fun to write!

List two authors we would find you reading when taking a break from your own writing.
Kelly Meding and Gini Koch are just a couple of writer friends that have been very successful. I look forward to every book in each series and get to them as soon as humanly possible.

A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be in six words or less?
Insanity. Not just for breakfast anymore.

What song would best describe your life?
Maybe not song but title for sure: Every day I Write the Books ~ Elvis Costello or
I Wanna Dance With Somebody ~ Whitney Houston

Tell us an embarrassing story that has to do with a pet. 
I have always loved fish tanks. At one point I had 2-55 gal, 2-10 gal & 3-5 gal. After I moved, I never set myself up like that again. I did get a small 2-gal for my daughter when we moved from Maui to MN. Somewhere along the line I lost my touch in cleaning tanks and transferring the fish back into them. Of the sentences you never thought you’d hear yourself holler, I can now cross off: “Hon! Come quick! The fish is stuck to the side of the refrigerator!” Slippery little bastid. Men big & strong. This is why we marry

Please Fill in the Blanks

I love pizza with   mushrooms .
I'm always ready for  doing the electric slide.
When I'm alone, I   watch movies no one else likes .
You'd never be able to tell, but     I'm a wee bit of a loon. Okay, you can tell. 
If I had a halo it would be    tarnished 10 ways from Sunday .
If I could    do it all again   I'd   do it all exactly the same .
I can never  sing karaoke  because  I'd hate to clean out the bar .

My Booklist

Dustin Time – A time travel romance
    Book trailer:
Double Mocha, Heavy on Your Phone Number – Romantic suspense
     Voted best romantic suspense of 2011 at LRC
Hunter’s Find – Thriller
Before Happily Ever After – A Middle Grade Fantasy Series

Books Coming Soon

Come and Talk to Me – May 2012
Dustin Time 2 – Dustin’s Turn: Sept. 2012
Hunter’s Find 2 – Amanda’s Return 2012
& more!


Comment on my Facebook page for a chance to win an e-copy (format of your choice) of Hunter’s Find or Double Mocha, Heavy on Your Phone Number.

Find Me Here

Middle Grade Fantasy Series:

Thanks for having me! Happy Reading!


  1. Thanks for having me, Kayelle! This was a fun one to do! (And I still giggle every time about poor Gil ;)

    And yes.. typos are not my friend. LOL.. :)
    Sorry about that. Goodluck in the drawing everyone.

  2. Your work ethic is amazing, June, and your stories are so much fun, so exciting. Congratulations on your newest novel!

  3. Thanks, Ann! I really love the whole writing process. Can't get enough of my hunks, either :D

  4. STOP THE INSANITY AND JUST WRITE! You seem to be really GOOD at that! Posh interview, June, now let's dance! Cheers!

  5. *spins Sharon around the room*
    Thanks for stopping over!

  6. Looks like the party is under way here. ^_^ Good to have you on RLF June. Thanks for coming over to play at my house today.

  7. Great interview. Sounds like you were a real wild child!!

  8. Amaleen, thanks for coming over. June is a fun read, isn't she? ^_^

  9. Hey, Amaleen. You know what paybacks are. I usually got my son returned to me with "It didn't bleed for long..." LOL. Stuntman uncle - for the win! ;)

  10. What a fun interview, June. I Tweeted it and I'm going to have to go leave a comment on FB for that chance to win!

  11. Congratulations on your new release, June! Love your interview and have to read Hunter's End.

  12. Thanks, you two! I can't wait to dig into edits for the sequel. I really love Hunt & Mandy. *swoon* You aren't supposed to have favorite "kids" dern it!

  13. Enjoyed this interview, especially the part where June had to fill in the rest of the sentence. Those are fun and tell a lot about a person. Quite a varied past with respect to jobs which is great "grist for the mill" when writing character-driven novels. Thanks for letting me get to know June.

  14. Thanks, Patricia. Everyone says they have a book in them from their experiences. Apparently I have 9.. & counting ;)

  15. Awesome interview!!! I feel like I've really met you and that's hard to pull off in a blog. Great job both of you!!!

  16. I love doing interviews. It's hard to come up with stuff on my own. This was fun. (Don't mind me - I just keep coming back for the hunk down there;)


  17. I'm here for the hunk too... ;o Is that a great little blog goodie or what? I don't have to worry about licensing or getting new photos. Something new every other day or so. ^_^

    S.G., Sloane, Patricia, and Arley, thank you for wandering over here to talk to June today. I'm glad to have you. I have wonderful guests!

  18. June, great chatting with you at the TRR Party.

  19. Hey, thanks for dropping in. I keep trying to get in over there but having issues with my pwd. Maybe I will see you both!

  20. Thanks for the great welcome there, RoyalCheryl! My website has been down a few days. I'm finally back up! Yea!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...