April 21, 2012

Interview with Eugie Foster #Outlantacon #scifi

Returning My Sister's Face.
Welcome to Romance Lives Forever, Eugie! What made you decide to become an Outlantacon guest?
Outlantacon rocks. Also, Edward DeGruy plays a stylish game of Twister.
How did you hear about Outlantacon?
I think I've been attending it since the inaugural one.
What panel are you looking forward to the most?
"Job by Day, Writer by Night," where I finally get to be on a panel with my friend, the fabulously talented and brilliant, Shae Conner!
Do you play role playing games? Which ones?
Definitely! Currently D&D 3.5ed and 4ed, but I've played a gamut of RPGs. I started gaming as a 13-year-old geek-girl, and I never really stopped.
What is the most important thing you do for your career?
Keep writing and writing and writing.
What do you enjoy most about life?
How do you balance life with deadlines and work?
Mortal Clay, Stone Heart
Typically with frantic and stress-filled benders of heightened productivity followed by binges of procrastination steeped in self-loathing and dread.
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?
Take Latin not Russian in high school. Seriously. Also, have faith in the person you are.
A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be in six words or less?
A Tale of Whimsy and Malice.
How do you respond to negative people?
With ire and exasperation. Except when it's me, then I'm smugly sardonic and insufferable.
What's the best way to say no?
Sinner Baker...
Firmly and directly. Or possibly with an elbow to the face.
If you were a tool, what would people use you to do?
Make corrections in red and purple ink. Oh, wait, I already do that…
Picture yourself as a store. Considering your personality and lifestyle, what type of products would be sold there?
Miniature, Chihuahua-sized elephants and rhinoceri that charge at random targets and without warning; white-furred serpents who sing if you feed them cream and honey; and plump, winged fairy animals that get an itch mid-flight and abruptly plummet onto your lap when, in a frenzy of scratching, they forget to flap their wings.
If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
Caution: Bites

Please fill in the blanks

I love pizza with feta and spinach and good company and cheer.
Wish of the Demon
I'm always ready for coffee.
When I'm alone, I argue with the voices in my head.
You'd never be able to tell, but I'm all but blind without corrective lenses…hang on, I got that backwards. I'd never be able to tell, being blind and all, but you probably would after I careened into a lamppost. Wait, that's still not right...
If I had a halo it would be askew.
If I could be a god I'd probably run out of lightning bolts.
I can never find which way is north because I overwrote the spatial orientation areas of my brain with grammar rules pertaining to commas.

Upcoming Projects

·         “Oranges, Lemons, and Thou Beside Me” in anthology When the Villain Comes Home, Gabrielle Harbowy and Ed Greenwood (eds.), Dragon Moon Press, Aug. 2012.
Eugie Foster
·         “The Wiggly People” in anthology The Best of Drabblecast.
·         “Requiem Duet, Concerto for Flute and Voodoo” in podcast Journey Into…

The Public Can Find Me Here


  1. Welcome, Eugie! I'm excited to have you here. I cracked up about your reason for not finding north. I might have the same issue. LOL

  2. Thanks, Kayelle! I'm delighted to be here! Yeah, I'm downright notorious for my atrocious sense of direction. Left to my own devices, I will inevitably go in exactly the wrong direction. It's almost uncanny how easily I can become hopelessly lost. Thank goodness for GPS and turn-by-turn navigation on my phone!

  3. ^_^ One of my sisters is fondly nicknamed Wrong Way for that reason. She jokes that she heads for the kitchen and ends up in the closet. LOL I've gotten better at figuring things out in Atlanta. I can picture the 285 perimeter and 75/85, then 400 ... and not do too badly. What's creepy is if you're going south on 285 and get off, you would think that to get back on and go home, you'd go north. But no. Because it's a circle, you might see East/West as the options. That's just all kinds of wrong. For someone like me... it means going around the whole freaking city to get home. *_*

  4. I've done that! I used to be terrified of driving in the city because I'd always get lost and have to call my husband to triangulate my location and guide me home. But the navigation software on my smartphone has given me a new sense of freedom and confidence. I can always get home now...except when there's a detour or road work being done that Google Maps doesn't know about, and I keep circling around and around as it tries to get me back on a road that's closed down.

  5. That's so frustrating. I drove downtown last year the weekend of Outlantacon to visit OutWrite Books, and was amazed at how easy the GPS made it. Downtown with its one-way streets scares me. My family kids me because when we go somewhere new, I often recognize it - having been there by accident. I suppose it doesn't help that I would say, "Oh I recognize this street. I've been lost here before." ^_^


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...