April 12, 2012

Moxie Magnus Interview #Outlantacon #startrek

Straight *ahem* from the Moxie Pod! It's Moxie Magnus!
Moxie, welcome to Romance Lives Forever! What made you decide to become an Outlantacon guest?
Hello! 7 foot tall, dedicated Star Trek Drag queen. Oh, and I thought I'd balance things out after my stupendously successful CPAC keynote address.
How did you hear about Outlantacon?
Intercepted subspace time- warp transmission. If you keep probing wormholes you'll eventually hear something useful.
What panel are you looking forward to the most?
Matchgame! Move over Charles Nelson Riley, now there's something meatier!

Do you play role playing games? Which ones?
I don't, but I'm dying to play "Wuthering Heights." Know anyone who'll have a go? http://www.unseelie.org/rpg/wh/index.html

What new project are you working on now?
Moxie Magnus
Pan-dimensional photon hair weave. I'm also trying to get my Electronic Press Kit up and running. Of course, I continue blogging about my episodic adventures as the main protagonist aboard the USS Enterprise. And I have my weekly Youtube podcast: The Moxie Pod!
How do you come up with ideas?
I steal discover old worn out ideas, change the names, toss in a lot more about fashion, makeup, and outrageous hair (and of course steamy red shirt romance) and pass them off re-birth them as my own. When that doesn't work I just make sh*t up.
What is the most important thing you do for your career?
Well, ultimately beauty is my business, so a girl has to look her best. Kirk has his ship, I have my hair (which, incidentally, also has a self-destruct sequence).
What do you enjoy most about life?
L'mour, l'mour and of course lamé, lamé and Starfleet regulation bouffants.
How do you balance life with deadlines and work?
Oh, I didn't know I was supposed to do that.
What is the craziest thing you did as a kid?
Moxie getting in 'tribble' again
As a child, I was a slave of the great wig-making houses of the Orion syndicate. I'm sure you read that interview in Cosmo about how I won my freedom in a great wig-making contest so I won't bore you with the details.
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?
In space, no one can hear you, queen. (so make outrageous hand gestures)
Do you think keeping secrets is good or bad?
I'll never tell. *wink*
List two authors we would find you reading.
Jessica Fletcher, Dame Sally Markham, Joan Wilder and of course Kilgore Trout. (I can count, I'm well aware that's four)
A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be in six words or less?
Hair Today, Gorn Tomorrow
How do you respond to negative people?
Dealing with Neg Nellies
Kill them with kindness. And, I might add, I was fully acquitted in all but one of those airlock incidents; and for that one I got a full pardon: my court-martial was revoked and I was fully re-instated.
What's the best way to say no?
Remember: "No" is just "yes" with a well aimed phaser or a perfectly timed airlock accident.
If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?
Money? How do you use money again? I always forget. You see, we don't have money in the 23rd century. Oh, and we also have single-payer healthcare.
What song would best describe your life?
Cosmic Thing by the B-52s
If you were a tool, what would people use you to do?
I would be a butter knife that people use for turning screws.
Picture yourself as a store. Considering your personality and lifestyle, what type of products would be sold there?
Delicate shiny beautiful things made of plastic, and wholesale barrels of glitter.
As a child, what was your favorite thing about school?
Using my tiny fingers to fill the firework and, of course, twisting fuses.
Moxie likes to rock with Spock
Tell us an embarrassing story that has to do with a pet. If you have no pets, a story about a significant other will do. ^_^
I do have one little tribble named Muffin. My muffin is insatiably hungry! But I try not to air my Muffin in public.
If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
Oversized package. Eye protection recommended: excessive glamour can be fatiguing to the eyes.
Oh great and beautiful one, what is up with those Klingons?
I know, right! I just can't understand a race that developed warp capability without ever inventing a usable flat iron or a good cream rinse. I mean, you'd think with all that fuss over their skin and the excessive amounts of bronzer they use and those gold uniforms that they'd have some kind of beauty regimen for their hair!

Please fill in the blanks

I love pizza with candlelight and Saurian brandy .
I'm always ready for away missions that involve more romance and less dying.
Moxie in full Starfleet bouffant
When I'm alone, I do beauty drills.
You'd never be able to tell, but I'm actually a drag queen.
If I had a halo it would be in the way of my bouffant.
If I could fill in this blank with something interesting I'd not be stuck with what I'm writing here now.
I can never look more beautiful because we all know what happened to Helen of Troy .

Upcoming Projects

I'll be a guest at Trek Trax Atlanta on the weekend of April 20th. I'm also working away on my weekly podcast, The Moxie Pod, and my blog, Moxie Magnus: Star Trek Cosmetologist. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having so outrageous laughs at Outlantacon! I'm also always shamelessly self-promoting; Why I've almost got viewers on my Podcast and Twitter followers in the double digits! Oh, I'm also struggling to learn to play the Ukulele.

The Public Can Find Me Here

Website: Working on my Electronic Press Kit (and my nails)

Speaking of YouTube and blogs... here's Moxie's newest Outlantacon video!
Moxie, thank you for the interview, and all the wonderful advice you gave me while we prepped for this blog post. I love my new title. Grand Supreme Empress Elect Kayelle Allen has a nice ring to it, but now I'm going to need bigger business cards!


  1. So glad to have you visiting my portion of the Alpha Quadrant, Moxie. Of course, you do realize it was named that in honor of my heroes, right? Well, of course you did. ^_^ Thank you for being my guest today.

  2. Totally, completely fun. Thanks for the big smile you put on my face on a Thursday, no less, with taxes still hanging ugly head over me!

  3. Thanks, Pauline! I'm in the same tax boat. Why do I do this to myself every year? >_< Needless to say, I was happy to have something fun today!

  4. Great interview! Moxie is a hoot and a half! I've always loved Yeoman Rand's hairstyle, so it's nice to see someone is keeping it (and improving on it big time!) and promoting the beauty of the Star Trek universe. ;)

  5. Thanks Celine. Moxie is doing a good job of that! ^_^

  6. thanks for posting.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...