July 6, 2012

Dark Obsession: Teri Molina Interview

Dark Obsession
Terri, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Tell us about your latest book, including its genre. Does it cross over to other genres? If so, what are they?
Dark Obsession is a suspense with supernatural elements. Lexie Solis is running from her ex-boyfriend who just happens to be a very powerful hechiceros (a sorcerer of dark magic) His obsession with Lexie goes beyond his need to control her; he wants to possess her soul as well. Her only hope for salvation lies in the hands of the very sexy farmer, Ray Chavez who doesn’t believe in visions or omens or the mysticism of his Mexican/Indian heritage. But will he accept his destiny in time to save the woman he loves as well as his own life?

What do you enjoy most about writing?
Following where the story takes me.

Where do you start when writing? Research, plotting, outline, or...?
I usually start with a very basic idea then I do a bit of research into whatever the theme may be--serial killers, black magic..etc. As I move into the story I do more research. I never plot or outline because then I feel like I have to follow it. But, all that said....I never start a book until I have the title.
Forget Me Not

What did you learn from writing your first book?
That a first draft is never the final draft.

How many hours a day to you spend writing?
It varies from day to day, but at the least 3 hours...at the most 8.

Is your muse demanding?
No. My muse is lazy. She expects me to do all the work. I’m thinking of sending her to a retirement home and looking for someone younger and more energetic

Are your stories driven by plot or character?
I always thought they were character driven, but one of my CP’s insist I’m more plot driven...so....I think I’m fifty/fifty.

How do you balance a life outside of writing with deadlines and writing muses?
I have a wonderfully supporting husband and children. Of course coming from a very large family and having four loud and active children (and a husband who likes to listen to music at the highest decibel) I learned a long time ago to block out background noise.

What are some jobs you've done that would end up in a book?
I’ve only worked two types of job, one in restaurant work and as a letter carrier with the U.S. Post Office. Both have ended up in my novels. In fact, my main character in Dark Obsession is a letter carrier.

If I was a first time reader of your books, which one would you recommend I start with and why?
My books aren’t a series so any one of them can be read first.

List two authors we would find you reading when taking a break from your own writing.
Oh...tough one. But, I’d have to say...for now....Lee Child or Robert Gregory Brown....aside from being phenomenal writers, both of their works inspire me to be a better writer.

A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be in six words or less?
Don’t Stop Believing aside from being a Journey fan, it sums up my life pretty well. And, it’s a mantra I try to instill in my kids.

Her Will, His Way
If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?
Texas. It’s where most of my family is.

Do you play any online, board, or role-playing games? Which ones?
I love board games and when the kids were young we would do a ‘family night’ and play whatever game we had that was kid friendly. They’re all older now, but we still love to play games as often as possible. At the moment, for online games, I’m hooked on Words with Friends.

If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
Caution: Don’t make her angry. (I have a nasty temper. Haha)

Please Fill in the Blanks

I love pizza with a very thick crust.
I'm always ready for a house full of friends.
When I'm alone, I like to read.
You'd never be able to tell, but I really am shy.
If I had a halo it would be somewhat tarnished and bit crooked.
If I could visit anywhere in the world I'd go to Greece.
I can never stick to an exercise program because I get bored very easily.

My Booklist

Decadent Publishing
A Latina version of The Bodyguard
2011 CAPA Nominee for Best Romantic Suspense
2012 Golden Quill Finalist for Best Romantic Suspense 
Cobblestone Press
He seduced her with a dare. Will he lose her with a lie? 
Crimson Romance
Romantic Suspense with Supernatural Elements
Terri Molina

Books Coming Soon

House of Cards / TBD

Find Me Here


  1. Good Morning Kayelle!
    Thank you so much for hosting me. As you can see I'm not very wordy with my answers..haha...but if your readers would like to ask me anything else...I'm (more or less) an open book. ;)

  2. Your books look fascinating, Terri!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...