July 3, 2012

Interview with Author Maggie Brooke

The Guided Tour.
Maggie, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Tell us about your latest book, including its genre. Does it cross over to other genres? If so, what are they?
My latest book, ‘The Guided Tour’, is an erotic romance but I am a sucker for causes so it deals, in a light-hearted way, with such issues as race, social status, misguided youth and the environment.
How do you come up with ideas?
This is a hard one, actually. I often can’t trace the origin of an idea but it is a fact that I can’t see a stranger without creating a back story for him or her. At Tai Chi last week I looked out the open door, across the lawn to a block of flats and saw an ancient graveyard and a headless corpse eating cereal on a front porch.
What is the single most important part of writing for you?
Getting the words right.
What do you enjoy most about life?
Creating really good back stories for strangers!
Where do you start when writing? Research, plotting, outline, or...?
Right, I should be so organized! I let an idea fester in my brain for a few weeks or months and then, one day, I sit down and start writing. Which mean my story writes itself and I have to work really hard to bring it in line.
How many hours a day to you spend writing?
Not enough!
Is your muse demanding?
Could encourage me to work a little harder, I think.
What are some jobs you've done that would end up in a book?
Waitress, gas station jockey, nurse, midwife, archeologist, prison warden, mother…
What do you hope readers take with them after reading your work?
A sense of pleasure.
A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be in six words or less?
‘An Incredible Woman’s Most Amazing Life’
If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?
Exactly where I do live– Far North Queensland–where you don’t need money to live.
As a child, what was your favorite thing about school?
The nuns; it was such a challenge to create a back story about them.

Please Fill in the Blanks

I love pizza with old wine and young men.
I'm always ready for a night of good lovin’.
When I'm alone, I believe that Matthew Mcconaughey loves and wants to be with only me.
You'd never be able to tell, but I like bad boys.
If I had a halo it would be pure gold (heh, heh, heh).
Maggie Brooke
If I could settle down I'd be married.
I can never be Bella because I like hot-blooded lovers.

My Booklist

Find Me Here


  1. And all this time I thought prison guard and mother were the same job.

    Loved your interview and we love you "neighborhood."

  2. Great answers to the Fill in the Blanks, Maggie.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...