September 24, 2012

Dreamweaver: Paranormal Romance from @TiffinieHelmer


Welcome to Romance Lives Forever, Tiffinie. Let's talk about your book!
Title: Dreamweaver
Author: Tiffinie Helmer
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Buy links:
Publisher: The Story Vault
Cover artist: Kelli Ann Morgan of
Length: A novella
Heat rating: Hot
Tagline: He was more than a dream…
A desperate man...
“Lucky” Leroy Morgan led a charmed life, until he was murdered. Now he’s stuck in Limbo, unwilling to move on after catching a glimpse of the future he was supposed to have and the amazing woman who was destined to be his. Using the Northern Lights as a conduit back to earth, he attempts to seduce her in her dreams, hoping to anchor himself to the physical plane. If he doesn’t win her heart, he’ll be forever lost.
A tempted woman...
Gemma Star is fairly conventional considering her hippie upbringing. Her biggest fear is that she’ll end up like her Tarot card reading mother, who isn’t all there. When Gemma starts having out-of-this-world sex with a dream lover, she starts to wonder if she is losing her mind along with her heart. What if her crazy mother is right? If she continues consorting with her Dreamweaver will there be lasting consequences to her soul?
Will their love survive? Or is it just a dream...
What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
“Lucky” Leroy Morgan (30) was a professional mountaineer before he was killed. Gemma Star (25) is a bookstore owner of Chinook Books in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Chapter One
Gemma’s lips trembled apart on a moan of pleasure so intense her body shivered with it. Synapses fired behind eyes she dared not open for fear he’d leave her wanting again.
Last time, he’d taken her right to the brink of release before disappearing, leaving her writhing with hunger. Not this time. This time he’d better take her all the way, damn it.
Her body came alive under the tutelage of his skillful hands. The way he knew just how to caress her, tease, and torment, until she wept, threatened, and begged for more.
Her hips arched off the bed, seeking, wishing to be filled, but once again he strung her out until she was mindless with need.
Oh, please, please. Quit dinking around and take me, already.
He chuckled as though able to read her thoughts, while his hands breezed over her breasts, the heat of his mouth hovered over her nipple, until she sunk her teeth into her lower lip to keep in the whimper. Sensations flooded her, tightening her muscles, and her hands clenched the sheets beneath her as little cries escaped her bitten lips, betraying her.
A growl of satisfaction vibrated from him, pouring into her body, pushing her closer to that delirious edge.
The alarm blared in her ear, jerking her awake.
“Nooo,” Gemma groaned. Her sound of distress battered around the empty bedroom. “Not again.” Would her dream man ever truly make love to her?
She opened her eyes and found herself alone. Of course she was alone. He was just a dream, part of her imagination. Her very creative imagination.
But he felt like more than that.
For weeks now he’d been visiting, always in the deepest of night. That magical time where the world slept and passions awoke.
She threw back the covers, the chill hitting her nakedness.
What the--?
She never slept naked.
A quick glance around the room showed her flannel pajamas tossed to the floor, along with her pink polka dotted cotton underwear.
Huh? She knew she’d crawled into bed last night fully clothed, including her hand-knitted woolen socks currently hanging off the top of the dresser. Her copy of The Three Musketeers lay face down, where she’d placed it before turning off the light. She’d given up on her love of romance books once the erotic dreams had started, not needing the added stimuli. She’d hoped reading the classics would settle down whatever the heck was going on with her subconscious mind while she slept.
She grabbed a robe hanging over the back of a chair and slipped into the warm terrycloth. It was springtime in Alaska and just like Johnny Horton was famous for singing, it was currently forty below.
No one in their right mind slept naked.
And she was very worried that she was no longer in her right mind.
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?
Don’t lose yourself. I was a young bride of 19 and worked hard putting my husband through college, had four children all before I was 28, and in the meantime I lost who I was. My identity was either someone’s mother or wife. It wasn’t until my youngest child went to school that I began living for myself again. So many women put off their lives, sacrificing themselves for their family. I’m not talking about being selfish, and there is sacrifice when you have young children, but stay true to yourself. You’ll be a better wife and mother because of it. And a hell of a lot healthier.
Do you have a muse? Describe this person, please.
Yes, and she’s always off somewhere in the South Pacific. She’s temperamental, loves to sun worship and have frosty drinks delivered by hot Cabana boys.
What does "balance" mean to you as a writer?
Something I should do more of.
Do things your family or friends do ever end up in a book?
Yep. The best revenge is putting someone in your novel…and then killing them.
What are some jobs you've done before (or while) you were a writer?
Moosed Up
I am a potter and sell pottery at my local coffee shop that is set up as an Art Gallery (very cool). My pottery is also featured in Park City. On top of that, I commercial fish on the Bering Sea of Alaska in the summers, and the rest of the year moonlight at Barnes & Noble. I’m just a tad busy. See, why I “should” really look into balancing my life.
Which of your books would you recommend to someone who doesn't normally read your genre, and why?
Moosed Up. It’s funny. The sex is hot, but there is a lot of humor, and action, and intrigue. I’ve even had men contact me telling me how much they enjoyed it.
Imagine you get to go on a dream vacation, but you have only one hour to pack and leave, and it starts as soon as you finish this interview. What will you take with you and where will you go?
A bikini, sarong, flip flops, and my ereader. Somewhere tropical. I love Kauai.
What is your favorite holiday and why?
Halloween! Candy apples, witches, roasted pumpkin seeds, crisp air, and colorful fall leaves. It’s also perfect convertible weather!
What do you like to do when you're bored?
I am never bored. Bored is a bad word in my house. If uttered, it will get you a list of chores.

Please Fill in the Blanks

I love pizza with artichokes, mushrooms, and olives.
I'm always ready for an adventure.
When I'm alone, I write.
You'd never be able to tell, but I’m a brute.
Tiffinie Helmer
If I had a halo it would be slightly bent.
If I could be a superhero I'd be Wonder Woman. Come on, the woman has her own invisible plane and a pair of red, kickass boots.
I can never scuba dive because I’m claustrophobic.

Previous Books


Books Coming Soon

Bearing All

Find Me Here


  1. Tiffinie! Interesting interview and I loved the excerpt. The book sounds awesome! I'm right there with you on the trip. Give me warm weather, white sands, and friendly cabana boys!

  2. Jerrie, I'll go with you on that trip! Let's make it a cruise. ^_^

    Tiffinie, I'm excited to have you here. My hubby grew up in Alaska, so I love your story premise.

  3. Jerrie, thank you! I have always been fascinated with the Northern Lights since growing up under them. I'm truly a Gemini with dual personalities as I love Alaska and yet the tropics.

  4. Kayelle, thanks so much for having me and I hope the two of you get that cruise!

  5. I've read Moosed Up and it was great! I thought it was a fun and sexy read. I also believe it's never too late to find love and/or fully live life. Great interview, Tiffinie, keep 'em coming!

  6. Fun interview, and I'd love to go on that trip with you too! :-) Enjoy the new release!

  7. We should all go to Alaska and visit Tiffinie. Um... assuming she lives there, right? Or that she doesn't run when she sees us coming! ^_^

  8. Ahh, Jamie, thanks for that. So glad you like Moosed Up. It was a wicked fun book to write.

  9. Thanks, Lynn! Lynn is currently in Alaska where they have had lots of storms, hurricane winds, and no flooding. Stay warm and dry Lynn.

  10. Kayelle, I grew up in Fairbanks, and return every summer, but I'm currently landlocked in Utah. I married one of those Wild Men of Alaska and he has a good job in Utah right now. But I'm trying to make it back full time.

  11. I would love to see the northern lights. Please enter me in contest. I would love to read this book.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...