October 18, 2012

All Female Planet? AR Norris Says Yes #scifichat

End of Eternity.

Welcome AR Norris to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, End of Eternity (The Telomere Trilogy, #3). Your heroine is from an all female planet. Tell us abou that!
Genre: Science Fiction Romance

Buy links:
Books on Board: http://is.gd/2M7AM4
Barnes and Noble http://is.gd/bPY1HL
Publisher: Desert Breeze Publishing

Cover artist: Jenifer Ranieri
Length: Novel-length
Heat rating: Sensual
Can a woman raised on an all female planet learn to trust and open her heart to a man? Can a man living alone with only his duty step into the galaxy and acknowledge his feelings for an untrusting woman?


Luna thought her journey away from her people's world was over. Now, she's forced to join the lost daughter in her journey with Captain Noah Bonney's crew to learn why these women coexist with men. Something unbelievable to the all woman race. Adding to the confusing change in Dokkaebi directive and teachings, is the presence of the gold-eyed man that stirred something in her heart. A forbidden attraction that goes against all her teachings and her people's ways.
Damani Wassack isn't happy with the situation either. Telomere Watchers lead secluded and separate lives. Yet now, he and the other watchers must come to the surface, show all their secrets and work with outsiders. If that weren't enough, he can't get that sneer from the man-hating warrior woman out of his mind. Or her fierce dedication, strong spirit, and sense of duty and honor. The package is appealing, and completely impossible.
What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
The Dokkaebi, Luna, is in her early 20s and a fierce warrior trained from childhood to defend her planet, her people and the all-encompassing Essence.
Damani Wassack is in his mid-thirties and a Watcher, a secret society who silently watch the remaining Telomere's. The moment the Telomere loses their soul it is the duty of the watcher to kill the Telomere and see them off to the new plan of existence.


Luna was sunk, she knew later as they lay in the cot. He'd passed out against her as soon as she finished with the healing. Exhausted herself, she'd called for lowlights and let herself drop against the wall, cradling him so his head lay on her lower stomach. The braided Mohawk was a mess. She hesitated long enough to feel nervous before reaching out and working the binding off.
"Oh, it's like silk," she murmured on a purr, running her fingers through the mane of dark auburn hair to unravel the braiding. It draped forward in thick locks, partially concealing his face.
The low lights from the vessel reflected off the silver tattoo etched, right up by the shoulder blade. In an absent way, she traced it with her finger and sighed.
She knew the mechanics of being with a man. It'd been taught in preparation for her Procreation Journey. What she hadn't expected was that need, as the Essence called it. So new and uncommon. Similar, yet different from the affection she had for her Dokkaebi, and more than what the elders describe of attraction. She slid her fingers from his tattoo to his face, brushed the hair off it to trace his brow and nose, ending at the red tattoos on his hairline.
Echoes of Regret
The wonder of man, the Essence echoed inside her. What wonders they bring to women. This is different from the first of those who landed. Very interesting.
Luna frowned and wondered if it was the Essence intrigued by this man, or her. Could she separate those feelings? Were they manipulating her?
I am intrigued by all and yet none in particular, Child. Unlike you.
Was this what Namid felt for the Scott McCree? Frustrated, she tried to figure out how to approach the situation. Obviously, she could do little to resist him much longer. But she would not give her life and soul to him. Not even for a child in her belly. Not even cast out in this world would she change. Yet if she loved him, she feared she might end up spilling all and more at his feet. At his mercy. At his will.
He stirred in his sleep, reached out and snuggled into her, resting his head in between her pelvic bones. His warm hand kneaded her thigh before settling again into deep sleep.
Everything changes, daughter.
How did you get your start in the industry?
I got my start with short and flash stories contributions in ezines and anthologies back in 2009. It wasn't until 2010 that my first novel was accepted by a small independent press of ebooks.
What is the most important thing you do for your career now, as compared to when you first started writing?
I outline against a plot arch. When I first started, I just blurted out the story in a big blob and it took twice as long to organize and revise the story into some semblance of logic. It also left me cutting out huge sections of content that by that time I'd become attached to, even though it made no sense for the story. By learning how to follow a sound plot arch and outline I can get the story in my head out on paper with little pain and more success.
What do you enjoy most about life?
Oh, lots of things. I had a brain tumor in 2011 and it put everything in perspective. Mostly I enjoy being able to wake up in the morning and have another day of the chaos that is life. My crazy teenagers and their constant woes and victories towards becoming adults. My even crazier little boys who are learning the ways of kid-dome. Then, of course, there's the two stupid canine babies and the sadistically evil cat. Through all of it is Hubby at my side, my constant partner.
Do you have a muse? Describe this person, please.
Yes, her name is Anthor and she's the scary demon that is my subconscious. On good days, she's flirting with me and connecting the research dots of documentaries and reports my ideas sparked from.
On bad days - which are more often than I'd like - she's glaring at me with her purple glowing eyes and fury-wielding whip. She's beating the crap out of me, pushing me along with no reason or end result in sight. If I get off track, she gives me this icy silent treatment that often brings me to tears and leaves me begging her to speak to me.
What kind of books do you read when taking a break from your own writing?
I read SF mostly, but love murder mysteries, horror, and contemporary paranormal/speculative romance. I have a passion for older works, like stories from late 1800s all the way through 1950s. I just love watching the evolution of words and story structures.
Revelations of
What do you think is the future of epublishing?
Will print go extinct? No, but I'm practical about the trend. Literature needs to follow the reader's preferred medium to stay alive. Most people use the electronic medium now more than print. Letters have evolved to email. Phone chatter has evolved to text/instant messaging. Newspaper distribution is evolving to internet. Magazines are evolving to ezines. In line with this trend, print runs are evolving to epublishing.
None of those original things - letters, phones, magazines and newspapers - are going away any time soon but they are becoming less important in today's society.
Imagine you get to go on a dream vacation, but you have only one hour to pack and leave, and it starts as soon as you finish this interview. What will you take with you and where will you go?
Definitely head to a beach along the Mexico coast. I'd hollar at hubby and the kids to pack and then grab my Kindle, swimsuits, shorts, t-shirts, and my hygiene stuff. The rest of the time would be spent ensuring the family has everything they need and making a list of things to buy on the way or when we get there.
What is your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving, without a doubt. It's always been my favorite because it's the holiday where the only expectation is to gather your family and friends to eat and hang out. There's no stress of gift giving, dressing up to the nines, or fulfilling childhood dreams.
What do you like to do when you're bored?
I have time to get bored? LOL, in the rare moments I have nothing to do and nowhere to go, I usually pick up a book and dive in.

Please Fill in the Blanks

I love pizza with pepperoni.
I'm always ready for a Bruce Lee movie or a trip to the beach.
When I'm alone, I know the kids are up to something.
You'd never be able to tell, but love scenes embarrass me.
If I had a halo it would be very, very crooked and slightly smudged.
If I could do anything I'd take a long nap.
I can never go on an international trip because I'm too picky of an eater.

Previous Books

Revelations of Tomorrow (The Telomere Trilogy #1)
After a load capsule careens into Captain Noah Bonney's vessel during an interstellar voyage, she must face her inner demons and the sins of her people if she's to open her heart to the love of both her daughter and her lover.
Echoes of Regret (The Telomere Trilogy #2)
Lieutenant Fredrica Casales went undercover and behind Captain Noah Bonney's back to help the Imperial Excellencies stop a terrorist plot. Now her Imperial contact, Jace McCree, is coming along in the next leg of the mission, and working with him in person is a bit more challenging.

Books Coming Soon

Case of the Senshi Pearl (Interstellar Intelligence Agency, #1) - December 2012
AR Norris
After years of training, Quantum Agent Raina Tanuki is assigned her first case as primary agent, but of course, it couldn't be a simple murder, could it? Now the very planet is in peril unless she can find and return the Senshi Pearl to the Sirenian people.


*Rubs hands* Yay, my favorite part! One lucky commenter will win the first book of The Telomere Trilogy, Revelations of Tomorrow. PLUS, one lucky person liking my Facebook fan page (link below) will win the whole Trilogy set.

Find Me Here

Twitter: not if my life depended on it


  1. Hi A.R, I hope i win your books. They sounds wonderful!

  2. LOL, I'm so glad! It's always unnerving to put your book out there... it's like sending your child to their first day of school!

  3. Yours is the single best description of a writer's muse I've ever read. Love it!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...