November 14, 2012

Contemporary: Second Chances @delaneydiamond #amreading

Second Chances.

Delaney Diamond, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, Second Chances.
Genre: Contemporary Interracial
Publisher: Delaney Diamond
Cover artist: MTheresa Arts
Length: 134 pages
Heat rating: Sensual
Tagline: Sweet. Sensual. Passionate. Romance.


Renaldo da Silva’s near-perfect life in Brazil comes to a halt when he finds out about his wife’s betrayal. Now he doesn’t want to have anything to do with her. But because he needs her help finalizing the biggest deal of his career, he’s forced to make her a multi-million dollar offer and delay their divorce.
Sabrina da Silva can’t forgive herself after a reckless night destroys her marriage. She agrees to help her husband and then disappear from his life for good. But with passion still smoldering between them, it’s not easy for either to walk away. Will passion be enough to overcome the ultimate test of their love?
What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Renaldo da Silva, 29, real estate investor
Sabrina da Silva, 27, financial anaylst


“This is a nightmare,” Renaldo mumbled, turning to look out over the vastness of Sao Paulo. Here was the hub of the country’s commerce, and he was in the thick of it with this deal. He couldn’t risk having it fall apart because he’d been foolish enough to offer a woman his love and trust--both of which she’d been unworthy to receive.
The images of Sabrina and the other man flashed across his mind’s eye, stiffening his body with the pain he’d felt and the bitter taste of betrayal. A full six weeks had passed since he’d thrown her out of their penthouse, yet he hadn’t found a way to heal the gaping hole in his chest that had followed after she ripped his heart out. He hated to have to give in.
“Fine. I’ll bring her back.” And somehow he’d learn to stomach having her around.
“Would you like me to speak to her for you?” Paulo rose to his feet. He was a good friend to make the offer since Renaldo now only communicated with her through his attorney.
“No.” He would handle Sabrina.
“Do you think she’ll go along with it?”
Sabrina pursued money in a way he’d never seen in another woman. She always wanted to move forward, work late, find the next opportunity.
He insisted on a healthy balance between work and leisure, but Sabrina didn’t know what a healthy balance was. There were times he had to practically drag her from the office. If there was one thing he was certain of, it was that he could convince her, but the price had to be right.
A Hard Man to Love
“Yes,” he replied. “I’ll make her an offer she can’t refuse.”
Paulo looked skeptical. “What if she does, though? She may see this as an opportunity to get a lot of money out of you. She could easily argue for half of the net value of this deal.”
“Half?” Renaldo balked at the idea. He turned to stare out of the window again, at the hive of activity below him. There was no way she’d get half of anything. “I’ll make her see reason.”
Only Paulo and his closest family knew about the separation. Renaldo looked down at the wedding band on his finger. He’d removed it temporarily right after he’d discovered Sabrina’s infidelity, but then he’d put it back on, preferring to keep it in place until the divorce was final so he wouldn’t have to answer questions.
He thought again about what Paulo had said. Half.
Had it been worth it? If she tried to get more than he offered, he’d fight her tooth and nail.
But in the back of his mind, all he could think was, if she’d been in a better position to fight him and win…it would have been worth more than half of this deal. It would have been worth half of everything he owned for the short period of happiness they’d shared as husband and wife.


What do you enjoy most about life?
Spending time with friends and family. One of my mottos is live, laugh, love! Life is too short to be stressed. Stress can attack you physically, so I try to live as stress-free as possible and leave negative people and negative situations behind.
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?
Don’t stress the small stuff! It’s funny how the things that seemed important to me when I was younger are completely irrelevant now. If only I’d known then what I know now…
Do things your family or friends do ever end up in a book?
Oh yes! For instance, in Second Chances, LucĂ©lia, the daughter of Renaldo’s cousin, was running around with a yucca fry offering a bite to people who were over at the house. My niece likes to “share” her food like that, too, although if you ever took a bite, she’d have a fit. One day I was over at my sister’s, and my niece kept offering us a bite of her French fry. She must have had it for a good hour and wouldn’t put it down, and every now and again she’d walk up to me or someone else in the family and offer us a bite. My niece is always doing the cutest things (I’m not biased; you’d think so, too, if you met her).
Which of your books would you recommend to someone who doesn't normally read your genre, and why?
Oh, that’s tough, because tastes are so subjective. But since I have to choose, I’d recommend Private Acts. It’s one of my most highly rated books. Readers seemed to really like Samirah’s free spiritedness. I’ve also been told that the descriptions of Cuenca, Ecuador helped the readers to feel as if they’d been transported to that locale, and the sex between her and Miguel is smoking.
What kind of books do you read when taking a break from your own writing?
Romance, mysteries, thrillers. I also like to read books on the writing craft, the occasional biography, or books about major events in history.
What do you do to relax?
I cook or watch movies. Netflix rocks!
Imagine you get to go on a dream vacation, but you have only one hour to pack and leave, and it starts as soon as you finish this interview. What will you take with you and where will you go?
I’d take my Kindle, a bathing suit, underwear, and a couple of changes of clothes, because my dream vacation will definitely involve a beach somewhere.
What do you like to do when you're bored?
Eat. Yes, I know that’s terrible. Luckily, Netflix keeps me entertained when I’m not hanging out with friends or doing something else, because staying at home and being bored is dangerous. I find myself going to the fridge more often than not.
If you were a color, what color would you be?
Yellow, which happens to be my favorite color.
Which statement is more like you:
"I am a vacation spa because I am laid back and relaxed."
"I am a ten-countries in ten-days tour vacation, because I do things as fast as possible."

Please Fill in the Blanks

I love pizza with everything. Pile it full of meat and veggies!
I'm always ready for traveling. I plan to do even more in the near future.
When I'm alone, I read or watch movies.
You'd never be able to tell, but I’m a procrastinator. People are always surprised when I tell them that because they think I’m so organized. I’m just an organized procrastinator.
The Temptation
of a Good Man

Previous Books

Hot Latin Men series
The Arrangement
Fight for Love
Private Acts
The Ultimate Merger (short story)
Second Chances
Hot Latin Men: Volume I (Fight for Love, Private Acts in print anthology)
Hawthorne Family series
The Temptation of a Good Man
A Hard Man to Love
Here Comes Trouble
Bailar series (sweet/clean romance)
Worth Waiting For
Short Story
Subordinate Position
Free Stories

Books Coming Soon

For Better or Worse (Book 4 of the Hawthorne Family series)


I’m giving away a $5 Amazon gift card and an ecopy of any one of my previously published titles (excluding Second Chances). All you have to do is leave a comment below and tell me if you only had an hour to pack for your dream vacation, what would you take with you and where would you go? I’ll post the winner’s name in the comments at the end of the tour by 11:59 PM EST on November 16, 2012. Comment at each stop of the tour. Each time you comment increases your chances to win. Visit the SecondChances Virtual Book Tour post on my blog for the tour schedule.

Find Me Here

Website and blog:


  1. Thank you for hosting day three of my tour, Kayelle.

  2. I would have my kindle... A couple of causal outfits, one dressy outfit
    great walking shoes,a pair of heels. Underwears(bra,panties)
    A warm fleece or flannel pj set with fuzzy socks...
    And I would like to go Italy...

  3. If I had an hour to pack I would have my Kindle, a coouple of back up books, my purse, 3 pair of jeans, a sexy dress, knock em dead heels, comfortable shirts and my gym shoes and my diva attitude because I was rushing and I know I forgot something, lol!

  4. If it was a dream vacation I'd only pack some writing material, my Kindle, and my pillows. I'd buy new stuff when I got there. Probably the Greek islands. I've always wanted to see them.

    Glad to have you here today, Delaney.

  5. I love pizza with pepperoni and black olives, My dream vacation is to go to South Africa, I can be packed in 2 hours, my kindle and some books will be in my carry-one with my travel pillow.

  6. Hmmm, I'd pack my camera, a couple outfits, and a lot of cash so I can just buy what I need when I get there

    fencingromein at hotmail dot com

  7. I'd take my hubby, my kindle, a couple of bikinis and head to St. Maarten. Nice interview by the way.

  8. Love reading your interview, if I had only one hour to pack I would be heading to Hawaii and I would let hubby know that we are on our way to Hawaii. Also pick up some books and / or kindle. Buy everything else when I get there......................


  9. Each post is a little bit more. Enjoying visiting
    debby236 at gmail dot com

  10. I would have my nook, underwear, toothbrush etc.,couple pairs of shoes...casual, flipflops, dress flats, dual duty sundresses, pedal pushers and I'm ready. 30 mins top. If I forgot something, I'll buy it! :-) I'll then hop on the boat to cruise the Greek Isles. It'll be heaven! It would satisfy my desire to see more of Europe.

    Thanks for opportunity to share.

    Oh by the way, great interview as always Delaney. Just stopped by to support the blog tour. Take care.

    belgre AT comcast Dot net

  11. One hour.My nook purse bathing suits, a couple of mix and match outfits, a dressy outfit ccomfy shoes a pair of pumps,underwear, makeup bag, camera,medicine,debit card to buy whatever I. Forgot.

  12. I honestly have to say that I would go anywhere with my boyfriend Shane. He is such a kind man whom is such a people person I would follow him anywhere. He travelled to Australia and New Zealand in the previous years and we now share the dream of someday getting to New Zealand together. I would pack sunscreen, bathing suit,comfy shoes and Jeans for sure. Plus a girl whom does not want to do her hair always needs hair clips and a hat. Not to mention sunglasses.

  13. If i had an hour to pack I would pack my kindle my bathingsuit and sunglasses ,clothes and batteries for (BOB) and I would go to Brazil or Fuji i love the hot weather the sun the sand the beautiful calm blue water. but if i was to travel to europe i would go to sweden or denmark the scenery is breathtaking and the field of flowers are absolutely beautiful there

  14. All these great answers have given me more ideas! BTW, Belinda and Anonymous, Greece and Fiji are on my bucket list.

  15. I enjoyed reading your answers. When you read Second Chances, I do hope you enjoy it. It's a passionate, intense love story about forgiveness. Big thanks to everyone who followed the tour and commented.

    It's time to announce the winners of the blog tour. They'll each receive a $5 Amazon gift card and an ecopy of any one of my previously published titles (excluding Second Chances). The winners are:
    Shannon Ro
    Laura Troxel

    Congratulations! Please send me an email at delaneydiamond(at) to claim your prizes and let me know 1) which one of my books you'd like to receive and 2) in which format (Kindle, Nook, Kobo).

    1. What nice prizes, Delaney. Thanks for sharing your books on Romance Lives Forever.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...