November 16, 2012

Paranormal: Psychic Lies @SSaraDaniel #amreading

Psychic Lies.

Sara Daniel, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, The Wiccan Haus: Psychic Lies.
Genre: paranormal romance
Publisher: Musa Publishing
Cover artist: Kelly Shorten
Length: 91 pages
Heat rating: 4
Tagline: Fiona must keep her ability to read minds during sex a secret from those determined to exploit her, especially a sexy truth-finding investigator who needs her psychic power to save his job.
Fiona has spent her life hiding her sexual mind-reading power at the risk of being exploited by the government. Instead, she pretends to have lifebond vetting powers like the rest of her family. When her fake power results in the death of an innocent woman, her life of lies unravels and she retreats to the Wiccan Haus.
Armando is the head of the Department of Truth-Finding for the Syndicate. To prove his unit’s worth to the government, he follows Fiona to the Wiccan Haus to expose her as an infiltrator of an enemy faction. The truth about Fiona is even more valuable to his people and his career.
Fiona uses her power to seduce Armando and stop his plans to betray her. But nothing is strong enough to keep her from falling in love with this man whose power threatens to destroy her. Now she must trust him, not only with her life and her psychic lies, but also her heart.
What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Fiona Vetter; age—late twenties; occupation—lifebond vetter
Armando Verdad; age—early thirties; occupation—truth-finder


Fiona dropped her fork. How could her soul have picked a man like this for her mate? The Fates played cruel jokes, and once again they’d come at her expense. “The Vetter was just trying her best.”
“Her best to do what?” Armando demanded, gripping her arm a bit tighter.
“To be a Vetter.” By the Goddess, she’d tried so hard. Her failure had cost an innocent woman her life.
He rubbed his hand along her arm, his face breaking into a smile again. “You know, I believe you’re right.”
A fat lot of good that did for Lizbet. She looked down at his hand on her arm. “Why are you always touching me?” She didn’t know him well enough to warrant the constant contact, but she enjoyed his touch. She didn’t deserve to enjoy anything.
He smiled wider. “I can’t stop myself from touching you, Fiona. You feel the connection too, don’t you?”
She hated that her soul wanted to claim a man who scorned anyone who didn’t use their powers for the greater good. Denying her true powers was the entire foundation of her life. “I’m actually not a tactile person.”
That was such a big lie she couldn’t look him in the eye. Not a tactile person. All her powers were concentrated in the most intimate tactile experience possible.
His grin split even wider. “I’d love the chance to prove you wrong.”
And when he did, she’d know what he was thinking. She’d know how much he despised the woman who claimed to be a Vetter and allowed the Commander’s beloved daughter to lifebond with a man who ended up murdering her. Fiona had come to the Wiccan Haus to get away from the public’s hatred and scorn, not see it behind this man’s beautiful smile and feel it no matter how warm and gentle his hands.
She shoved away from the table and ran for the exit.
“What’s wrong? That was supposed to be a compliment,” Armando called after her.
The dining room quieted around her. Everyone stared. Once again, she was drawing attention and making a fool of herself. But she couldn’t stop.
All she’d ever wanted was to be a simple Vetter with real vetting powers. But that life was a lie. The truth, however, was far worse than a life of lies.


Tell us about your latest book, including its genre. Does it cross over to other genres? If so, what are they?
Psychic Lies is the fifth book in the multi-author shared world Wiccan Haus series from Musa Publishing. It’s a paranormal romance but also a contemporary romance with a hit of romantic suspense/mystery. And even though this is a shared world with recurring characters, the books stand alone and can be read in any order.
How do you come up with ideas?
The first book I wrote for the Wiccan Haus series (book 2—A Man Worth Fighting For) featured two human main characters amongst a cast of secondary characters with special powers. I wanted to expand my writing skills and write a story featuring main characters with special powers, and the story for Psychic Lies came to me from there.
What is the single most important part of writing for you?
The most important part of writing is finishing the book. But I believe it’s just as important to be willing to go back and revise, to delete and rewrite as many times as necessary until the story shines. I wish every word came out shiny and perfect without the need for revision, but unfortunately for me it does not. I have to work until I get the story as good as I know it can be and as good as my readers deserve.
What do you enjoy most about life?
I like to go for long walks and hikes. I get a lot of good ideas when I’m alone with my thoughts. I have three school-age children, so most of my non-writing time is spent being a mom. I don’t spend nearly enough time reflecting on how much I enjoy my family, so I love those holidays and relaxing family time when I can step back and do exactly that.
Where do you start when writing? Research, plotting, outline, or...?
I start by brainstorming "what if" scenarios for my characters. I brainstorm while walking and driving. Eventually, I sit with a pen and paper and channel these half sentences and random musings onto the page. I write down everything I know about each character’s past, personality and present situation. Then I write what I see as the story conflict. Finally, I start typing up a synopsis. By this time, I’m usually dying to dive into the actual writing of the book, but I’ve found it critical to get my details and plot figured out first (even if I go back and change everything later).
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?
Speak up. Don’t be afraid to take chances and make mistakes. Don’t let fear and uncertainty hold you back. (I’m still a work-in-progress on these points. Check back with me in thirty years and see how I’m doing!)
If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?
Living in a landlocked suburb, I am a complete sucker for the waves crashing on the sand or rocks, so Hawaii is my dream destination, but really any body of water that I can walk along in at least semi-warm weather will do. A perfect day would start with a morning stroll along the beach, hours writing in sight of the water, a nice long hike in the woods, more hours of writing, and then capped off with a sunset walk along the beach with my hubby. Ahh, perfection!
What song would best describe your life?
My writing theme song is Alan Jackson’s “To Do What I Do,” where he tells the story of the hard times and rejection he endured to get where he is now as a singer and how everything was worth it. I feel the same way about my writing. My theme song for life is probably Martina McBride’s “Blessed.” The title says it all.
As a child, what was your favorite thing about school?
This question really brings out my nerdy side, but here goes. School came really easy for me, so I’d get my homework done ahead of time. Then while the teacher was still going over stuff, I’d sit with a notebook under my book or on my lap and make up stories.

Please Fill in the Blanks

I love pizza with lots of toppings.
I'm always ready for a good romance.
When I'm alone, I’m content.
You'd never be able to tell, but I turn into a fanatic when I start talking about NASCAR.
If I had a halo it would be because I was always the good girl.
If I could teleport, I'd save a lot of time.
I can never find my keys because I never remember where I set them down. Arg!

Previous Books

Mr. Forever
The Wiccan Haus: A Man Worth Fighting For
More Than a Fantasy
Construction Beauty Queen
Zane’s Art
Sara Daniel

Books Coming Soon

Wyatt’s Guilt (Dec 7, 2012)

Find Me Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...