November 11, 2012

Salute to Veteran Authors #VeteransDay #amreading

Kayelle Allen here. Romance Lives Forever is dedicated to new authors and new books. As such, I rarely step in as a blogger -- I prefer to interview guests and feature others. My personal blog, Unstoppable Heroes, is where I do my own "bragging" about new books and events. But today on RLF, I want to honor some special people: veterans.
Folding the Flag.
The first Veteran's Day was called "Armistice Day" and was proclaimed by U.S. President Woodrow Wilson on November 11, 1919. In proclaiming the holiday, he said, "To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country's service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations." Unlike Memorial Day, which celebrates those who died in service, Veterans Day celebrates the service itself. Wikipedia

Today's blog features fellow veterans who are authors. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but these folks are proud to stand and be counted. Please visit their sites, and get to know them and their books. I believe the highest honor one can pay an author is to buy his or her book.

Authors Who Served

Listed in alphabetical order by first name.

Romance Tangled with Suspense
CK Crouch -- US Army

Hot Romance
Delilah Devlin - US Army

Paranormal and Contemporary Romance
Eliza Gayle -- US Marine Corps

Ella Quinn - US Army

Military Romance
Geri Krotow -- US Navy

Love Is In The Air - And In The Fleet
Heather McLachlan -- US Navy

Urban Fantasy Romance
Isis Rushdan -- US Air Force

Historical Romance
Jeane Westin -- US Army

Erotica Romance where the destiny is love ~ Let me take you on the journey
Jennifer France -- US Navy

Tapping into your Flights of Fancy
Lacey Falcone -- US Air Force

Dark Heroes, Feisty Heroines, Scorching Stories
Lisa Carlisle -- US Marine Corps

Military Memoirs - Parris Island -- Journey of a Woman Marine
Lisa Cordeiro -- US Marine Corps

Let Fate guide you... One story at a time
Loni Lynne -- US Navy

Mystery/Romance author
Lori Avocato -- US Air Force

Love ... Laughter ... Forever
Joyce Adams -- US Army

Kathleen Toomey Jabs -- US Navy

Unstoppable heroes, Uncompromising love, Unforgettable passion
Kayelle Allen -- US Navy

A Dash of Romance with a Dusting of Mystery
Misty MacRae -- US Navy

Where Romance is Always an Adventure
Rogenna Brewer -- US Navy

Unexpected Romantic Fiction
Sandy Wickersham-McWhorter -- USAF

Romantic Suspense, YA, Juvenile, SciFi, and Hard Boiled Detective
Wayne Greenough -- US Navy

Scottish Medieval Romantic Suspense
Diana Cosby -- US Navy

Dark heroes and heroines with bite...sink your teeth into a romance by
Sapphire Phelan -- US Army

Escape to the past with a romantic adventure
Terry Irene Blain -- US Navy

Military Romance and Medical Drama
Tracey Cramer-Kelly -- Army National Guard

Statistics on this list:

US Navy - 11
US Marines - 3
US Army National Guard - 1
US Army - 6
US Air Force - 4
Men - 1
Women - 24

One unusual Veterans group that is special to me is called RomVets. They are all women who served in the armed forces and who write Romance. I am proud to be a member. Click the link to visit the website and learn more about this organization and its members.

 img credit (flag):


  1. Thank you. It was very nice of you to do this for those of us who have been in the service.

  2. It was my pleasure. Thank you for dropping by, Wayne. And thank you sincerely for your service.

  3. What a great post. I love being a part of ROM Vets and the great women who have served!

  4. Thanks, Hales! I appreciate you stopping by today.

  5. Love that you have done this post, Kayelle. I had no idea. Now I have a whole list of new authors I want to read and follow.

    Thank you, ladies, for your service. I am truly honored that you write, and that you have served your country. It takes a special person to put themselves and their life aside, while they do something with duty, integrity and honor.

    I can't publicly say, but I feel I am one of you, though I don't actively serve, if you can read between the lines. Come see me tomorrow here.

  6. Thanks to all who served. I love being a part of the Rom Vets group and it makes me proud to have served.

  7. Thank you Sharon! I appreciate what you have to say.

    Hey, Cathy! Glad you stopped by today. ^_^

  8. Thanks you, Kayelle, for this post. RomVets is a great group.

  9. So true, Sapphire. I've learned a lot and made wonderful friends there.

  10. Kayelle,

    A great list! Thank you for doing this. And to the veterans, especially those who may never have been told this, "Thank you, and WELCOME HOME!"

    Author SS Hampton, Sr.
    US Army/IRR/Army National Guard

  11. Thank you Stan! I appreciate you stopping by and sharing.

  12. What a great post. Thank you!

  13. Thank you Lisa. Good to see you!

  14. Kayelle,
    Thank you for your tribute to our vets who have served and who are serving. I'm humbled to be a member of the RomVets, inspiring woman who in addition to writing, have served in our armed forces.
    God bless our troops,

    Diana Cosby, AGC(AW), USN, Ret.

    1. You said it eloquently as ever, Diana. Thank you.

  15. Thank you for your lovely post, Kayelle. I'm honored to be a member of RomVets and to know all of you.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...