November 30, 2012

Trying to Behave @junekramin #bookbuzz

I'll Try to Behave Myself

June Kramin, welcome back to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book called I’ll Try to Behave Myself.
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy links:
Publisher: Writer's AMuse Me
Cover artist: Valerie Kramin
Length: 300 pages
Heat rating: 4
Tagline: Trying to leave an affair that happened on vacation would be easier if it hadn’t happened with your business partner.
Blurb: When Char receives the news that she has been promoted to partner, she should be ecstatic. Instead, she is in Puerto Rico, having fled there after finding her husband in bed with another woman, her dreams of starting a family shattered.
Andy, her boss, unaware of what has happened, tracks her down to bring her back home. Encouraged by the tropical heat, the peaceful surroundings and the unending allure of water, they are soon drawn to each other in a way they had never experienced before. Char knows that her marriage is over. She also knows that an office romance is not what she wants. Her heart and his actions, tell her otherwise.
Char consistently pushes Andy away, trying to keep some semblance of order in her now-crazy life. Getting through one last major account becomes her focus; then she can concentrate on her future and her independence. Her plans are on track, until she discovers an unexpected souvenir from Puerto Rico: she is carrying Andy’s baby.
What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Andy owns the advertising agency that Charlene works for. She is made partner early on in the book -- not for her extracurricular activities. ;) Char is 26 – Andy is 31.


After the door slammed, Andy dialed Payton’s number.
“It’s about time you answer your phone! Where the hell is my wife?”
“I’m doing great; thanks for asking. How are you, Payton?”
“Cut the crap, Banker. Where’s Charlie?”
“I don’t know.”
“What do you mean ‘you don’t know’? Why the hell haven’t you been answering your phone? You with her?”
“She took off, jackass. I don’t know where she’s at, but I do know she’s okay. At least, she was last time I talked to her.”
“You talked to her?” He sounded desperate to know anything he could.
“A few days ago, yes. My guess is she’s cooling off. Just let her.”
“Don’t tell me how to handle my wife!”
“Fair enough. You want pointers on your tart?”
“I figured she’d bawl to you about that. Look—”
“Suck it, Payton. I’m not getting in a pissing match with you.
I’m not avoiding your calls; I just got my phone replaced and I saw that you called. Letting you know she was okay last I talked to her is as far as I’m going with you and trust me, that’s more than you deserve in my book.” Andy hit end.
Double Mocha
“And what do I deserve?” Andy found Char standing at the doorway; she had been listening.
“Not his line of bull.”
“Really? Am I any better than he is? Look at us.” Her lip began to tremble as she walked towards the bed then sat down.
Andy sat next to her, wrapping his arm around her. “It’s not the same, Char.”
“The hell it isn’t.” Harshly, she wiped away a tear.
“Under any other circumstances, this would not have happened between us. We’ve been away on short trips before. Nothing has ever happened. I didn’t think you could even stand to be around me half the time.” He stood, picked up a box of tissues from the dresser then sat back down. She accepted a few and blew her nose.
She let herself laugh a little. “I couldn’t.”
“See?” he said with another one of his grins.
“So what now?”
“Water skiing,” he replied, matter-of-factly.


How did you get your start in the industry?
Every time I completed a novel, I would send them to my aunt & best friend. When they read my fifth one they both said, “OK – you have to get this one published!” Agents wouldn’t give me the time of day with my lack of publishing credits but I got an acceptance on my second publisher. The first one told me it was publishable, but not “sci-fi” enough for them. It was my time travel novel. Ten published books later, I’m amazed how hard it is to still get an agent’s attention. I work with three small presses now and am pretty happy.
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?
Step away from the keyboard! LOL. I love writing but getting published is the hardest job you’ll ever have. Maybe I would make myself go back to school. My job is perfect now as far as my writing schedule, but I really miss little things like… my attention span…squirrel!!! Stories just flow from my fingers and my memory for song lyrics will kick anyone’s, but I’ll be darned if I can remember simple details anymore. Maybe I need less writing & more brain puzzles! Nah. Sassy females & great guy banter is much more fun!
Do things your family or friends do ever end up in a book?
Constantly! Look out around me for sure. There was a week there where it seemed everything made it into what I was working on. I steal names from my facebook list, too. My bad.
What are some jobs you've done before (or while) you were a writer?
I am certainly a Jill-of-all-trades and added them to my books as well. I worked for vets for 4 years. My first published novel – Katie was a veterinarian. Come and Talk to Me, Regina worked for lumberyards, I was a waitress at several hotels and restaurants on Maui, worked for newspapers, photo labs, print companies… oh yeah. They’re all in books. I have yet to make one a drywall taper though. Yes, I did that too. (Kicked “bahooky” at it, if I do say so myself ;)
Which of your books would you recommend to someone who doesn't normally read your genre, and why?
I think any one of my books could be given to anyone that says they don’t read “romance.” There is always the romantic element – usually a hot-headed female and a man that loves her unconditionally, but there is always something else going on to keep you guessing. I love it when men comment about loving one of my books. Hunter’s Find was a big break out for me with being heavier on the “thriller” aspect, but still enough heat to keep romance readers happy as well.
What kind of books do you read when taking a break from your own writing?
I read books by people I know personally or from my writing forum so I get to experience a lot of genres I wouldn’t have read otherwise. I even dip into YA & Middle grade because of my fantasy series. John Sandford is my all-time favorite, though. It pains me to finish what I’ve started when he has a new book out, but I’m a “one book at a time” kinda gal.
What good book have you read recently?
Saving Grace by Rhea Rhodan was really great! A fantastic find at Musa Publishing.
If your life became a movie, who would you want to play you?
Meg Ryan. I used to get that a lot. I think she has enough spunk and smart@ssery to play me.
Which statement is more like you:
"I am a vacation spa because I am laid back and relaxed."
"I am a ten-countries in ten-days tour vacation, because I do things as fast as possible."
The second one. You can’t keep me still – it drives my husband crazy. I accidently took Tylenol with codeine one night instead of regular Tylenol. I had to lie down. He was across from me the whole time with a big grin. “Ha. I have you captive. We have to talk and you not move around while we speak.” Yes, of course that made it into a book!

Please Fill in the Blanks

I love pizza with extra cheese.
I'm always ready for a story idea to kick me in the head.
When I'm alone, I watch fairy tales.
You'd never be able to tell, but who am I kidding. You can tell. I’m an open book.
If I had a halo it would burst into flames immediately.
If I could have my 67 Mustang Shelby I'd be in heaven!
I can never pass up the electric slide because (to quote a friend) I do it like it’s my job!

Previous Books

Dustin Time – Time Travel Romance
Dustin’s Turn – Dustin Time sequel
Double Mocha, Heavy on Your Phone Number - Romantic Suspense
Hunter’s Find – Thriller
June Kramin
Amanda’s Return – Hunter’s Find sequel
Come and Talk to Me – Romance

Books Coming Soon

Money Didn’t Buy Her Love – May 2013

Find Me Here

Middle Grade Series:


  1. You have the best titles ever. ^_^ Welcome back, June.

  2. Thanks so muchfor having me!

  3. She does have great titles, Kayelle! I know "Trying to Behave" will be wonderful because what I loved most about "Double Mocha, Heavy on Your Phone Number," (and I'm not just saying that because she just plugged "Finding Grace" for me--it is fun to read books written by people you know, at least virtually, even better when they're actually great books) is the characterization. June writes very real people in vivid (but not overly detailed) setting. Oh, and the conflict sounds pretty intense in this one, too. Wishing you much success and many more books, June!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...