December 14, 2012

Paranormal: Death's Storm @novelsbylia #rlfblog

Death's Storm.

Lia Davis, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, Death’s Storm.
Genre: paranormal romance
Publisher: Fated Desires Publishing
Buy links:

Barnes and Noble
Cover artist: Fated Desires Graphic Design
Length: 42,000
Heat rating: erotic
Tagline: She’s an elemental witch who plays by her own rules. He’s the guardian who will tame her inner beast.
Technical genius and demi-goddess--aka Divinity--Khloe Bradenton relies on no one for help, and she definitely doesn’t need comfort from anyone other than her twin. After her parents died by the demons’ hands over two years ago, she has graciously stepped up to her place in the war between demons and witches. When a creature far more dangerous than the ones responsible for killing her parents claims he is her guardian, she is torn between her desires for the dark predator and the painful loss she has endured at the hands of her enemies.
One of the last death demons still in existence, Jagger has pledged his life to the Goddess Hecate. Charged with the guardianship over the Divinities, he is never to approach them, but to aid them from a distance. When the firestorm, Khloe, sacrifices herself to save her twin and best friend and becomes the prey, he has no choice but to reveal himself to her. He is taken by surprise when the need to claim her as his own emerges. A desire he has never felt before could be more dangerous than the demons out to destroy them.

What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Khloe Bradenton, age 32, Graphic and web designer by day, demon hunting Divinity by night
Jagger, age? Old, death demon and guardian of the Divinities

Stepping off the curb to head to the car, Khloe stilled and let the warm air caress her skin. An electrical charge that only the select few magickin—like her and the other Divinities—could detect was palpable in the humid summer air.
Her spine tingled as the supernatural energy drifted on the wind, putting her on full alert. Reaching out with her senses, she relaxed. A little. The energy was familiar in an odd kind of way. Her admirer was nearby.
More like a stalker, really, without the creepy love letters and phone calls.
For the last month, someone had watched her and followed her every move. When the entity was near, a warm shiver rolled over her skin like a caress. The energy didn’t come from a human. Demon? Maybe. But, the power was too intense to be any demonic creature she’d come in contact with. She considered one of the gods, but that didn’t make sense either. The gods wouldn’t stalk her. They would send a messenger or deliver their message in person. She and the others had also thought it could be a guardian.
Whatever the entity was, it annoyed the hell out of her to be followed around and spied upon.
She scanned to mall parking lot and the sidewalk that lead to the various shops. Nothing remotely threatening came into view or reached out to her supernatural senses. Then again, she never saw anything when she sensed the presence. It had shown up last month, right after she and Kalissa had been thrust into an ancient war between witches and demons.
That was when she and Kalissa found a note from their mother telling them about the Sinew—a crystal sphere that held the magic of the worlds—and sent Kalissa on a mission to retrieve it. As Divinities, it was their duty to protect magickin from Khan, the new Bastard Lord of the Underworld.

How did you get your start in the industry?
It just happened. I’ve always loved creative writing, but it wasn’t until I started reading paranormal romance about four years ago that I began to believe I could write one myself. I did some research, joined RWA, started writing and joined a critique group.
What do you enjoy most about life?
Being a wife to my real life romance hero. And each sunrise and sunset.
Do you have a muse? Describe this person, please.
Yes. My muse isn’t a physical person. She’s the creative half of me. She’s a little nuts and suffers from ADD. LOL
What does "balance" mean to you as a writer?
Plotting, chapter outlines that don’t have too much details, and coffee!
I have a degree in business accounting and current work full time in the accounting department of a software company. So I the things I listed above is how I balance my analytical half with my creative half.
Do things your family or friends do ever end up in a book?
About 90% of my characters are completely made up. There are some personality traits that I might take from two or more people and blend them into one character. Sometimes I’ll add in a phrase I heard my kids say.
What kind of books do you read when taking a break from your own writing?
Paranormal romance is my top pick. Put I also enjoy historical romance and a few urban fantasies.
What was the proudest moment of your life so far?
The birth of my children will always be my proudest. My first book release takes second place.
What good book have you read recently?
Right now I’m catching up on Nalini Singh’s psy-changeling series. Love this series!
What do you like to do when you're bored?
I really don’t have time to get bored. But I either read, write, or hang with my hubby.

Fill in the Blanks

I love pizza with pepperoni.
I'm always ready for a good book.
When I'm alone, I write.
You'd never be able to tell, but I’m shy.
If I had a halo it would be held up by horns.
If I could teleport I'd increase my writing time by 2 hours a day.
I can never speak in public because it scares the hell out me.

Previous Books

Ravished Before Sunrise, A 1Night Story
Forgotten Visions, The Divinities, book 1

Books Coming Soon

Winter Eve, Ashwood Falls prequel ~ Dec 2012
A Tiger’s Claim, Ashwood Falls, book 1 ~ April 2013
The Dark Divine, The Divinities, book 3 ~ June 2013


A swag pack to two randomly chosen commenters

About the Author

Lia Davis is a mother to two young adults and two very special kitties, a wife to her soul mate, a paranormal romance author, graphic designer, and co-owner to Fated Desires Publishing, LLC. She and her family live in Northeast Florida battling hurricanes and very humid summers. But it’s her home and she loves it!
An accounting major, Lia has always been a dreamer with a very activity imagination. The wheels in her head never stop. She ventured into the world of writing and publishing in 2008 and loves it more than she imagined. Writing and designing are stress relievers that allow her to go off in her corner of the house and enter into another world that she created, leaving real life where it belongs.
Her favorite things are spending time with family, traveling, reading, writing, chocolate, coffee, nature and hanging out with her kitties.

Find Me Here


  1. Thanks so much for having me.

    1. Happy to have you here. That's a great cover, Lia.

  2. Thank you ladies for sharing this interview....Good luck with all your future endeavours Lia!

  3. I was just recently introduced to Lia Davis's books. Great post!! Love this cover and definitely will be adding to my TBR pile. Thanks for the chance to win some swag!! Have a great day!! :)

  4. Lovely proud moments.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...