December 4, 2012

Suspense: Green Eyed Doll @jerriealexander #amreading

Green-Eyed Doll.
Jerrie Alexander, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, The Green-Eyed Doll.
Thank you, Kayelle, for having me over today. I've poured the coffee and brought blueberry muffins.
Genre: Romantic Suspense

Buy links:
The Wild Rose Press
Cover artist: Rae Monet
Length: 354 pages
Heat rating: R
Tagline: A woman running from her past. A Texas sheriff who ignites a flame she thought lost forever. A killer who paints his victims to look like porcelain dolls.
Catherine McCoy is running from her past. She's been on the move for a year, hiding the secret and guilt in her heart. When she lands in small-town Texas and meets Sheriff Matt Ballard, he ignites a flame she thought lost forever.
Matt has scars of his own. He left the big city after an undercover operation went bad and his partner was killed. Now, as Matt hunts for a serial killer who paints his victims like porcelain dolls, Catherine becomes a safe haven for him. Two tortured souls finding comfort in each other's arms—until he uncovers her secret, and their bond of trust is broken.
When Catherine disappears, Matt races to find her, fearing the murderer has found his next green-eyed doll. But the killer has a surprise coming. Catherine will fight to the death before she'll be a victim. But will her determination be enough?
What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Catherine McCoy, 30, part-time waitress and part-time file clerk
Matt Ballard, 33 years old, Texas County Sheriff
Catherine paced and argued with herself. Should she stay or go home? She’d told Matt he’d need a friend after the first woman went missing and now this. She couldn’t imagine the pressure he must be under. Her plan was to have a hot supper waiting for him. She’d basted and basted until the roast withered and fell apart. The once firm potatoes? Mush. The gravy was a light brown paste.
Benedict Arnold stood and trotted to the back door before Catherine heard Matt’s pickup. The dog was glad to know Matt was home, too. She leaned back against the kitchen counter and waited.
“Hey.” A lame greeting, but seeing him stunned her speechless.
Dark circles and cold, weary, blue eyes marred his Michelangelo face. His black hair fell in disarray and looked like he’d raked his fingers through a number of times today. His chiseled jaw and chin were dark with a long day’s stubble. With a couple of long strides, he pinned her between him and the counter. He framed her face with his hands, closed his eyes, and lowered his forehead to hers. They stood in silence for a long time, unmoving, their bodies not touching. Fear for the missing woman radiated off him.
His anguish, more than she’d planned for, hit her hard. His dedication and concern, traits she admired, shook her conviction that no man could be trusted. His tenderness, something she’d never had, touched a long-neglected place in her soul.
In that small space of time, where no one else in the world existed, Catherine’s heart found hope. Tears, she’d promised herself never to shed again, slid unchecked down her cheeks. But these tears weren’t because of her pain or grief. She cried because Matt suffered and grieved for the missing woman. She slid her arms around him, stroking his tense muscles.
“Hey, yourself.” He leaned back and studied her face. The warmth behind his eyes returned as he wiped away her tears with the pads of his thumbs. “Were those for me?”
She nodded and emotions swirled in her head. Catherine struggled to regain her perspective. “I have to remove no more tears from the Never list.”
“Why would you hold yourself to such a never?”
“The only thing crying gets you is red eyes.”
“Okay, tough guy. Maybe someday you’ll trust me enough to explain. Why’d you break a rule for me.”
“The worry for Annie Travers in your eyes broke my heart. I’ve never known anyone with your compassion and dedication.”
“Careful.” The corners of his mouth lifted. “You’ll be calling me John Wayne again.”
“Same soul.” She pushed a lock of black hair off his face. He caught her wrist in his hand.
“Stop, Catherine. I’m nobody’s hero. I failed miserably in that department.”
 The Green Eyed Doll Video


What is the most important thing you do for your career now, as compared to when you first started writing?
To write the best book possible and then write the next one. Social media and marketing are important, but I sincerely believe the best thing I can do to further my career is to keep writing. I plan to keep learning and honing my craft.
What do you enjoy most about life?
Waking up each morning? Just joking. I love everything about life. My family, friends, and fellow writers are the best in the world. I live in Texas, love the warm climate, blue skies, and friendly people. I can't ask for more.
Jerrie Alexander
If you could choose anyone to be your mentor who would it be?
Hands down, the awesome Linda Howard. Holy cow, when talent was passed out, she must've been first in line. She grabs the reader by the throat and pulls you into each story. Death Angel is my all time favorite book of hers. You don't want to know what all I'd do for the chance to work with her.
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?
I push hard, work hard, and expect a lot from myself. So I'd say to be patient with myself. It's sad to admit, but let's be honest. Patience is not one of my virtues. My husband tells me that no one will see these words on my tombstone. "Here Lies a Patient Person."
Do you have a muse? Describe this person, please.
If I do...she AOL. She'd constantly feed me story ideas and chocolate. My shoulders would never be tired, because her rubdowns would be off the chart. And did I say she?? I meant he...and he would look like Gerard Butler and be at my beck and call.
Do things your family or friends do ever end up in a book?
Maybe a little of the hero's personalities have my husband's John Wayne attitude. But other than him, I've never patterned a character after a friend or family member. A few of my friends are quirky, but thankfully, none of them fit the profile of the killers in my stories.
What kind of books do you read when taking a break from your own writing?
I love to read romantic suspense authors, other than Linda Howard, Allison Brennan and Cindy Gerard are two of my favorites. My guilty pleasure is a good historical romance. When I really need a break from the murder and mayhem, I'll grab a Elizabeth Hoyt or Jade Lee book and curl up with a cup of coffee. The only sound you'll hear from me is an occasional sigh.
What do you think is the future of epublishing?
I think we've only scratched the surface. Epublishing will continue to grow and provide readers with great yet easy to purchase books. The fast pace of our lifestyles will only speed up, increasing the demand for more.
What was the proudest moment of your life so far?
I claim the prize of having the most beautiful daughter ever! She and her husband brought the most awesome granddaughter into this world. So I'd have to say, even as cheesy as it sounds, my proudest moment is anytime my family is together.
Imagine you get to go on a dream vacation, but you have only one hour to pack and leave, and it starts as soon as you finish this interview. What will you take with you and where will you go?
Sun block, two bathing suits, a beach towel, snorkel gear, sandals, shorts, T-shirts and one summer dress, all which fit in one carryon. I'd head to the clearest, warmest water in the Caribbean.
If your life became a movie, who would you want to play you?
A blonde Anne Hathaway
If you were a color, what color would you be?
Which statement is more like you:
"I am a vacation spa because I am laid back and relaxed."
"I am a ten-countries in ten-days tour vacation, because I do things as fast as possible."

Please Fill in the Blanks

I love pizza with football.
I'm always ready for company.
When I'm alone, I write.
You'd never be able to tell, but I'm uncomfortable around strangers.
If I had a halo it would be stolen.
If I could scuba dive I'd give up snorkeling.
I can never climb Mount Everest because I'm terrified of heights.

Previous Books

The Green-Eyed Doll is my debut novel.
Jerrie Alexander

Books Coming Soon

The Last Execution from The Wild Rose Press
Hell or High Water, book one of the Lost and Found, Inc. series from Etopia-Press

Find Me Here


  1. Kayelle! Thanks for having me over today. I'm ready for that cup of coffee and excited to chat with new and old friends.

    1. The muffin was great. ;) Thanks for hanging out today!

  2. Great interview. I can't wait to read this!

    1. Lisa, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the book as much I enjoyed writing it.

  3. Kayelle, I love your blog. This must keep you really busy. What a great interview. I know Jerrie pretty well, yet I was surprised by a couple of her responses. This is a super book, y'all. Get it ASAP, then hang on by your toenails until her next is out. Yea, Jerrie, you go, gal!

    1. Marsha! Kayelle does have a beautiful blog. She's very supportive too!

      Thanks for your kind words...and for not revealing any additional secrets!

    2. Oooh, you know secrets? Here, have a muffin. We have to talk. ^_^

  4. Good morning, Jerrie! So glad you brought muffins and coffee cuz I'm hungry. Great interview. I learned a few new things about you today!! I've read this book and you don't have to envy anyone's talent since you have it in spades!! Good luck with your debut!!

    1. Good morning, Barb. Thanks for commenting. I must have given Kayelle tooo much insider information!

      Thanks, I appreciate your vote of confidence.

    2. Yeah, I think I'm going to add "must bring muffins" to the requirements for blog guesting. ^_^ That was nice. LOL Thanks for dropping by Barb.

  5. Great interview, Jerrie! I've added your book to my holiday reading!

    1. Molly, thank you! I hope you enjoyed my book as much as I enjoyed yours!

    2. Suspense is my new favorite read this year, so I'm looking for authors who write in that category. Looks like I need to search for Molly Cannon. Good recommendation, coming from Jerrie.

    3. Kayelle, Molly writes mystery with a touch of Texas humor. And hunks to die for! You'd like Molly's and Barb Han's!

  6. Green eyed doll sounds awesome, Jerrie!

    1. Thank you, Milly. I appreciate your support.

  7. From all the praise I've been seeing, Green Eyed Doll should be a smashing success!

    Thanks for the entertaining interview, ladies!

    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview and thanks for posting. I admit I'm thrilled with the reviews so far.

  8. I've only read a few chapters and a few excerpts, but I can't wait to read the whole thing! Congrats, Jerrie!

    1. Kym!! Good to see you! Thank you, I hope you enjoy the book. With your experience as a homicide detective, you'll be able to tell if my research paid off!

  9. Great interview & I love the excerpt!

    1. Charley! Thank you for your support, I really appreciate you.

  10. What a neat interview, Kayelle and Jerrie! And congratulations, Jerrie, on your book. You are such a lovely person and deserve many sales!

  11. Thank you, Vicki! I appreciate your support.

    Kayelle, here's another author whose book you'll enjoy!

  12. Loved the trailer. I love thrillers. I'll most differently check this one out. Loved the blog

  13. This has been one busy day. My thanks to everyone who dropped by today!

  14. Great post Jerrie! The Green-Eyed Doll sounds like it should be on my TRR pile! Much luck with sales!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...