February 12, 2013

Character Interview: Sarelle @TerrorFoxHall #RLFblog

Taken in the Night

Tara Fox Hall, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. We're excited to interview your character, Sarelle McGarran from the book, Taken in the Night, Book #3 of the Promise Me Series.
Genre: Paranormal Romantic Fiction/Paranormal Fiction with Romantic Elements
Publisher: Melange Books
Cover artist: Caroline Andrus
Length: 250 pages (Kindle)
Heat rating: Sensual/Mainstream
Tagline: When the love of your life disappears without a trace, who do you turn to?
Blurb: When Theo disappears, Sar is left bereft; the uncertain guardian of Theo's newly born werecougar daughter, Elle. As months pass, clues emerge about Theo's disappearance, yet the twisting trail ends repeatedly without answer. In her grief, Sar turns to Danial and hesitantly begins to build a life with him and Elle.
Buy links:
Print copies-Lulu
What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Sarelle McGarran - Independent human heroine, early 30s, safety and health inspector at a metal fabrication shop
Danial Racklan - Reserved yet romantic vampire, 400+ years old, owner/CEO Solutions, Inc., a corporate detective business with ties to illegal crime, Vampire Ruler of the United States
Terian - Vengeful half-demon, 75+ years old, owner of online potion business plus Danial’s new head of security in Taken in the Night
Theo - Uncompromising werecougar, early 30s, Danial’s best friends and MIA chief of security for Solutions, Inc.
Devlin Dalcon - Vengeful and relentless vampire, former U.S. Vampire Ruler, 400+ years old


“I should go,” Danial said reluctantly. “It’s late.”
I stopped him, my hand on his arm. “Please, stay with me a little while.”
“Sar--” he began warily.
“Please, Danial. I have to talk to you. Come with me.” I held out my hand.
Promise Me
He sighed, and took my hand. I led him below to the bedroom that had been his not long ago. Danial sat on the edge of the bed with me.
“She understands us,” I said quietly. “I didn’t want to talk in front of her.”
“What is it, Sar?” he said tiredly.
“You remember the Hallows party a year ago?”
“Of course,” Danial said with longing. “I remember being so nervous, worried you wouldn’t show. I remember how you looked in the dress, dancing with me.” He paused. “Why do you bring it up?”
“Because you must be going to have another one soon, unless you’re skipping this year.”
“Yes, in late November,” Danial said edgily. “I closed the business while looking for Theo, and am going to reopen it next year. I need the last months of this year to finish up loose ends of old business.” He sighed. “And I need to hire someone to replace Theo, if such a thing can be done.”
“I want to be there, Danial,” I said. “If you would permit me to come.”
“I had hoped you would be,” Danial said, kissing me gently on the forehead. “I wanted to invite you, but wasn’t sure you’d want to--”
“I know you will invite Samuel,” I said forcefully. “I want to question him about Theo--”
His eyes tinted red immediately. “Sar, that is not what I had in mind. I have already talked to him, and he said he did nothing.”
“I don't believe him, Danial. You weren’t there when he and Theo had words.”
“That doesn’t matter,” he retorted. “He is a Ruler. You cannot question him as if he were a mere human.”
“I certainly can--”
“Sar, I forbid it,” Danial said arrogantly, grabbing hold of me. “And that is the end of it.”
“Who are you to forbid me anything?” I said furiously.
“I’m a man that loves you,” he said furiously back, and kissed me hard, pulling the length of his body against mine as we fell backwards onto the bed.
I struggled, but he kissed me more thoroughly, his lips and body cool against mine. I shuddered in his arms, the feeling of being held and desired making me weak with relief and happiness.
Danial moved, rolling me from my side unto my back, his kisses intensifying. He shifted suddenly, pressing down with his hips. I felt his erection pressing firmly to my belly, and I shuddered, my mouth opening to let out a gasp. He saw the opportunity and took it, sliding his tongue into my mouth to taste me. I trembled, and then kissed him back for all I was worth.
Danial broke the kiss, his black eyes staring at me beneath him as he pulled off his shirt. I arched my back, pulling my sweater off over my head. All I’d needed to do was kiss him, and I wanted him so badly I could taste it.
Broken Promise

Interview with Sarelle McGarran

Tell us about yourself.
Sar: My full name is Sarelle McGarran. I live on an old horse farm in New York, and work part time at a metal fabrication shop. I was a widow when I met Danial close to a year ago, and we fell in love. Our brief romance combusted pretty spectacularly after only a few months. With the unwitting help of a friend’s spell, Theo and I shared a haunting dream. Months later, we began a relationship--
Tell us about the vampire Danial. We hear you’re back with him, now that Theo is MIA.
Sar (defensive): You’re making it sound like I couldn’t wait to trade up. That isn’t the case at all! Theo is currently missing, and has been for several months now. Meanwhile, I’m struggling to raise Theo’s daughter Elle by myself. She’s a werecougar like he was. Danial has been like a father to her in the short time he’s been back in my life, and yes, we are moving in with him shortly. It’s best for Elle, and for me.
What do you think is your strongest point?
Sar (a bit calmer): I think there is nothing I can’t do. I always give anything I try to do 100%.
What would Theo say is your strongest point?
Sar (bites lip): He always admired my willingness to accept him, fur and all. He loved that I accepted Elle as my own, that I wanted to be her mom even when she wasn’t my own child.
What would Theo say is your biggest weakness?
Sar (wipes at tears): He’d say I tended to rush in before I should. I do that a lot, when I feel it’s the right thing to do. It’s gotten me into trouble before.
If you were given your fondest wish, what would it be?
Sar: That Theo would be here, now. That Danial would have found him, or he would never have gone missing. If we knew he was dead, at least we’d have closure. But not to know what happened to him rips me up inside. I keep thinking I’d know if he died. But the more time goes by, the more uncertain I get about that.
What do you wish I had asked you? Please ask and answer it now.
Sar: I wish you had asked me about Elle, Theo’s daughter… and mine. (Sar smiles). She’s getting big, and she’s so smart! I see so much of Theo in her. She has his eyes. I never thought I would have children of my own. But I’m so happy to have her. I was so angry at Tawny, when she showed up pregnant at my door. I was angry at Theo. But his mistake was one of the greatest things to ever happen to me. I will never have really lost him, because I have Elle.

About the Author

Tara Fox Hall’s writing credits include nonfiction, horror, suspense, action-adventure, erotica, and contemporary and historical paranormal romance. She is the author of the paranormal action-adventure Lash series and the vampire romantic suspense Promise Me series. Tara divides her free time unequally between writing novels and short stories, chainsawing firewood, caring for stray animals, sewing cat and dog beds for donation to animal shelters, and target practice.
Tara Fox Hall

Previous Books

Surrender To Me
Return To Me
Promise Me Series: Book#1 Promise Me, Book #2 Broken Promise
Anthologies (with 2 or more stories by the author): Make Me Behave, Bedtime Shadows, Midnight Thirsts II
My Lash Series is in transition to its new publisher, Double Dragon Publishing. For information on my Lash books, see: http://tarafoxhall.com/tarafoxhall.com/Lash_Series.html
Beau to Beau Books: see author Amazon page for links/info http://amazon.com/Tara-Fox-Hall/e/B005YPAA4W
The Chalet
Grow a Pair
Snake Eyes (with Paul Deadeye Dick)

Books Coming Soon

Promise Me Series Book #4 Taken for His Own (May 2013)
Lash Series #3 War (early Summer 2013)
Promise Me Series Book #5 Immortal Confessions (August 2013)
Promise Me Series Anthology and Latham’s Landing Anthology (Fall 2013)
Lash Series #4 Revenge (Winter 2013/2014)


Comment on this blog for your choice of e-book OR to have your name appear in an upcoming Promise Me or Lash Series book!

Find Me Here

Website: tarafoxhall.com
Goodreads: http://goodreads.com/author/show/5286654.Tara_Fox_Hall


  1. Thanks so much for having me here today on Romance Lives Forever, to tell my side of the story--Sar

  2. Jessica Sawa2/12/2013 12:00 PM

    another awesome interview! I love interviews of the characters! YAY!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...