February 25, 2013

Contemporary: Coming Home @PalomaBeck #RLFblog

Coming Home
Paloma Beck, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, Coming Home.
Genre: Erotic Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Secret Cravings Publishing
Cover artist: Dawne Dominique
Length: 142 pages
Heat rating: 4 flames
Tagline: Tragedy brings him home. Love keeps him there.
Rachel Porter, a romance writer, has told her three sons tales of finding their true love since they were just boys. She believes there is just one match for every person. Now as men, they have yet to discover their soul mates. That is, until they come home…
Ryan Porter, Rachel’s oldest son, needs a change from his busy city lifestyle. After five years of living in New York and establishing his own real estate firm, something is still missing. When a family tragedy brings Ryan back to his family’s rural home, he meets Tyra. She just might be the catalyst for the change he needs, redirecting the course of his life; but first he has to accept his relationship with his parents and embrace Tyra’s secrets.
Buy links:

What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Ryan, 28, Realtor
Tyra, 26, Personal Assistant to Ryan’s mother, author Rachel Porter


Tyra couldn’t believe Ryan was going to do this. She would’ve guessed he’d skip out on the bet once he’d lost but he was following through. Better yet, she couldn’t believe how sexy he was up there dancing for her. He was more tempting in person—yep, hot enough to make her throw her hands up and surrender to whatever he had to give her. She saw him looking in her direction and had no problems letting him know that she was looking right back. But, what next? Did she have what it took to take him on? She swallowed and caught him watching out of the corner of his eye again, laughing at whatever his brother had just said.
This would be a huge step if she pursued this any further. Pulled between the safety and comfort of the quiet home she’d made for herself and the desire to know this man more, Tyra felt nearly paralyzed. Raising a daughter so young had forced her to grow up quick. She wasn’t accustomed to picking up men. Heck, she hadn’t done this in all the time since she’d been back here. Her entire life revolved around Layne. Her daughter was everything to her. So why now? Why now was there this incredible pull towards Ryan?
Her eyes found him again. He was on the dance floor with his brother. She knew Davis was in the Marines, that explained his amazing body but she also knew Ryan lived in New York City. His body had to be gym formed. Not that it mattered. She should look away but she couldn’t. She was finally seeing him—not in a photograph but in the flesh. And fine flesh it was. His hard stomach was defined in the thin tight black shirt he wore so well. She bit her lip and stared at the muscle that rippled underneath, tensing and relaxing through his T-shirt as he moved in rhythm with the beat of the music. His shirt was tucked in to a great fitting pair of Levis and if the bulge she could see behind his zipper was any indication, he liked what he saw when he looked at her. It was a bulge that could give her more pleasure than she was certain she’d ever had before. She could nearly taste the salty masculine flavor of his skin—her mouth watered with it—and her hands itched to touch him, to run her hands, her nails, up his delicious stomach.
Tyra raised her eyebrows at Jillian and smiled. Did she have the guts to see this through? Could she actually go after what she wanted? Should she even try was the better question.
“They can dance,” Tyra said to Henry who was watching with a big grin across his face and his cute boy dimples she wanted to squeeze.
“Mom made them take dance lessons in high school,” Henry said as he moved behind her and rubbed her shoulders. He stood just slightly taller than Tyra who could place her head back onto his shoulder perfectly. Henry was her comfort, her friend and she always felt safe with Henry. But Ryan made her blood boil and her skin itch with need.
“Of course she did. Your mother would’ve done nothing less, would she?” Tyra said, knowing their mother almost better than they did. She grabbed Jillian’s arm and headed for the dance floor where she planned to join in. They’d paid their debt—now it was time for some fun.
“Tyra, you know what you’re doing?” Jillian asked.
“I like him, Jill. And now that I’ve met him in the flesh, I am even more fascinated by him than I imagined,” Tyra told her friend. Listening to the stories Rachel had shared with her about believing her boys would find their one true mate; there was something about how she described Ryan—Ryan, out of all three sons. And now Tyra wanted this chance to find out if she was his one; but she wasn’t crazy enough to tell anyone she believed in Rachel’s stories.
Jillian rolled her eyes at her and sighed, considering what Tyra had just said, “Ok. I get it. I’ll keep an eye on Layne for you. Be good. And remember, even I know, that he’s likely only here for a little while because of his dad. He’s not a keeper.”
Tyra pulled Jillian in for a hug. “Love you.” Friends since kindergarten, there wasn’t anything they wouldn’t do for each other. Tyra smiled at Jillian as she pulled away and tugged her onto the dance floor.
Tyra moved to the beat of the music, rolling her hips and going toe to toe with Ryan. He stepped towards her—she stepped back. She stepped forward—he stepped back. Tyra was certain Ryan could match her and she was betting he would play just as fair as she would.
“Mighty fine dancing,” Tyra shook her head at Ryan and grinned, “If I’m not mistaken, I believe the hustler might’ve just been hustled.”
“It’s all about your game, baby.” Ryan replied. But it wasn’t what he said—it was how he said it, with that suggestive grin she’d seen before on his father. During those times, when Robert wouldn’t see Tyra in the room and she’d catch him watching his wife with an admiration she was sure Rachel never saw. Ryan resembled his father’s strong features and his gentle mannerisms. His softer skin tone was more like Rachel though and his eyes were identical to his mother though more intense. They made her shiver as they roamed over her body in appreciation.
“Well, big guy,” Tyra responded with sarcasm dripping from every word, “You haven’t seen anything yet. I’ve got a game. I just don’t know if you can play it.”
Ryan grabbed onto Tyra’s hand and twirled her out, moving into her in one sure step that had them dancing across the floor. It was fun. Tyra laughed more than she had in a long time. She caught Henry staring from the bar and when their eyes locked, he winked at her. Hopefully Henry wouldn’t tell Ryan just how well he knew her; she wasn’t ready for Ryan to know more about her just yet. She trusted Henry. He was a good friend. She should’ve known the other brothers would be just as sweet.
After a few more dances and a celebratory round of shots, she found herself on Ryan’s lap at the bar. Most of their group had scattered and a slow song began playing just as Ryan led her back to the dance floor.
“Come home with me. My brothers and I have a place on the lake,” Ryan spoke into her ear and Tyra shivered from the sensation of his breath. She knew it was his parents’ house but was aware that the large room above the detached garage was most likely what he was referring to. She’d never been up there—there’d never been a need—but knew it was where Rachel’s sons stayed when they visited.
It took only a minute to weigh her decision—with Ryan; she just wanted to throw caution to the wind. She smiled at him and said just one word. It was the word that could mess with her security but she couldn’t hold it back. It could also change her world. “Yes.”
“You know what happens if we leave here together?” Ryan leaned down with his forehead against hers. His voice deep and warm like chocolate, warmth spread through her settling into that place she was trying hard not to notice as he pressed himself against her body.
She licked her lips as she considered for just one second that she could say no and stop this right here. But she couldn’t say no; she didn’t want to say no. And when Tyra looked up at him through her lashes, not fully lifting her head, and smiled, Ryan’s arm circled her hips and he turned on his heel. With a nod to Henry, Ryan led her out of the bar. Tonight was going to be good, she thought. She just prayed they both still thought this was a good idea in the morning.
Coming Home


How did you get your start in the industry?
I put writing aside for a safe career choice and it took me far too long to consider writing again. When I got involved with a book club, we went to some reader conferences. I met some great authors, followed their advice and began writing. Within two years, I got my first contract on a seven-book series.
What do you enjoy most about writing?
I live all these lives through my characters. It’s a great thing! I still pinch myself to think I found something I love to do that people would pay me to do.
What inspires you to write?
The world around me serves as inspiration. I get my ideas from life and many of the characters are parts of real-life people with whom I interact. However, the best characters come to me by themselves. It’s as if they tell me their story and I simply write.
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?
Do what you love. Write. Don’t wait.
What are some jobs you've done before (or while) you were a writer?
After receiving my Masters in Education, I worked as a College Administrator. Then when I had my boys, I decided to stay home. It wasn’t until they all went off to school that I began writing. Now I’m fortunate enough to write full-time.
What kind of books do you read when taking a break from your own writing?
I read all genres within Romance. My favorites are romantic suspense, historical romance, paranormal romance, and contemporary erotic romance.
What good book have you read recently?
I’ve just read Release Me by J.Kenner. I shamelessly adore this newest trend in books with the uber-alpha male and elements of BDSM lite. I know it’s politically correct for me to say how I love a strong heroine but, honestly, every once in a while, I like a submissive female character.
Imagine you get to go on a dream vacation, but you have only one hour to pack and leave, and it starts as soon as you finish this interview. What will you take with you and where will you go?
I’d grab my Nexus, the Kuerig, and some Starbucks k-cups. Then I’d throw comfy clothes in a bag and head for the lake – by myself, for a week away.
What do you like to do when you're bored?
Wow. I can’t remember the last time I was bored. I’m raising three sons –ages nine to fifteen- and have a traveling husband so my every waking hour is full. If I do ever get some time though, I read.
If your life became a movie, who would you want to play you?
Meg Ryan could definitely do me justice. Plus, she has really great hair.
Please underline which statement is more like you:
"I am a vacation spa because I am laid back and relaxed."
"I am a ten-countries in ten-days tour vacation, because I do things as fast as possible."

Please complete the sentences

I love pizza with mushrooms.
I'm always ready for a bath.
When I'm alone, I read.
You'd never be able to tell, but I listen to alternative rock.
If I had a halo it would match my wings.

Previous Books

Lustful Cravings, Seven Sin Sisters, book one
Eternal Envy, Seven Sin Sisters, book two
Holiday Gem, Seven Sin Sisters, book three
Vanished Pride, Seven Sin Sisters, book four
Paloma Beck

Books Coming Soon

Frozen Fury, Seven Sin Sisters, book five
Hold My Hand (stand-alone)
Finding Home, Porter Brothers, book two


**I am happy to give away a copy of Coming Home to a commenter.**

Find Me Here


  1. Welcome to RLF, Paloma! I'm glad you're here. :)

  2. Thanks for having me, Kayelle. I'll be around all day if any readers have questions about the book... or the upcoming ones in the trilogy.

  3. Thanks for the interview, I enjoy getting to know more about the authors I am interested in reading. I am very intrigued by Coming Home from the excerpt, thank you for sharing. Happy Writing!

    1. Mary Jo, thank you for popping in today. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...