June 29, 2013

Contemporary: Divorced, Free, and Single | Interview @LynchRosemary #RLFblog

Divorced, Free, and Single
Rosemary Lynch, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, Divorced, Free, and Single.
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotica
Publisher: Self-Published
Cover artist: Rosemary Lynch
Length: 218 pages
Heat rating: Hot
Tagline: Romance, Sex and Tragedy ~ but not necessary in that order!
Blurb: Recently divorced, and having just sold the family home, Jane Archer moves into her new two bed flat. She is 36, and her twin boys, Jack and Michael, aged 20 are at University. Now finally free of her abusive husband, Sam, she embarks on a new life of being, divorced, free, and single. Jane then does something she has never done in her entire life, she has a one-night stand with a man she meets at the bar of her friend's engagement party. She has the most amazing night of her life, with a man that shakes her heart, and shows her what is it to be loved, as opposed to just having sex. Jane's ideas about being single and just having fun are thrown out of the window, when her one night stand unexpectedly reappears in her life a week later and turns her whole world upside down. He has captured her heart, and she his, but life is not that simple for Jane and she fights against their mutual attraction, determined not to be under the control of another man again. Then Josh arrives to stay for the holidays, a 28-year old Australian, and a friend of her sons. Now she has two men in her life, and a decision to make, does she want to be free, and single and just have wild sex, or does she want her prince in shining armour to sweep her off her feet and love her forever. WARNING ~ Contains scenes of descriptive sex, strong language
Buy links:
What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Jane Archer is 36 and a PA
Alexander Hartley-Stone ~ 40 is a Director and owner of his own Publishing Company
Josh ~ 28 ~ Australian Student and her son, Michael's best friend from University
Sam Decland ~ 45 ~ Jane's ex-husband
Michael Decland ~ 20 ~ Jane's son
Jack Decland ~ 20 ~Jane's son
Elizabeth Hartley-Stone ~ 60 ~Alex's mother
Sam and Jane had been divorced officially for two weeks, although separated for a year.  In that time, Claire and Sophie had tried, many times to fix her up with a fella, but she just could not bring herself around to the idea of sleeping with a complete stranger or doing it until she was official divorced and a free woman. Jane knew she had to either get over it or become a nun for the rest of her life, and the latter she really did not fancy.
Claire slapped her face, quite hard.
"What the hell did you do that for?" Jane yelled at her, holding her hand to her stinging cheek. The man at the bar looked over to them.
"You make me sick," she said, and then she promptly threw her glass of white wine over her dress.
"Claire!" Jane screamed at her. "This dress cost sixty quid!" Claire winked at her, turned around, grabbed Sophie's arm and dragged her off. They collected the fellas on the way through and disappeared out of the doorway, leaving Jane speechless and wet.
"Here," he said. She turned, and her legs wobbled as his deep, green eyes settled on hers. Close up, he was even more gorgeous, tall, dark, and incredibly handsome.
"Sorry?" she mumbled, as her voice caught in her throat.
"For the mess," he said, gazing at her. In his hand, he held a cloth napkin.
"Oh, right, thanks," Jane, said gratefully, as she took it from him.
"So what was that all about?" he asked, and his eyes skimmed her face, god, he thought, she was even more beautiful close up.
"I have no idea," she replied, wiping her dress and thinking that it did not look too bad.
"Can I get you a drink?" he asked with a smile, they had broken the ice, so he was not about to let her walk away. She caught her breath as he had a seriously sexy smile. "I'm Alexander by the way - Alex." He shortened.
"Jane," she replied. "Sure, I'd love a drink, thanks." She followed him to the bar and climbed onto a stool.
"What will you have?" he asked, as he sat next to her. He closed his eyes for a second and inhaled her, and he felt a surge of desire for her flood through his entire body.
"Champagne cocktail, please," she said.
"What the lady said and a pint, thanks," he said to the bartender. She blinked at she looked at him, never in all her life had she felt so attracted to a man as she felt right now, it was bloody ridiculous. The bartender placed a glass in front of her, and when she could finally pull her eyes way from him, she picked it up and took a sip.
"So where do you know Emily and Edward from?" she asked, making light conversation, and trying desperately to keep her body from trembling every time he looked at her. It must be the alcohol, she told herself, it was making her stupid.
Alex, felt a flush of heat surge though him, he took off his suit jacket and chucked it on the stool beside him. He lent towards her, and as he spoke softly, and quietly his voice sent delightful shivers through her entire body.
"I don't know either of them," he confessed. He sat back up, and lifted his pint to his mouth and drank.
"So what are you doing here then?" Jane whispered back, although why she was whispering she had no idea.
"I am here on business. I had a meeting this afternoon that ran over, so I thought I would stop over for the night. Do you have any idea how boring it is sitting in a hotel room all by yourself." She shook her head, and noticed he was not wearing a wedding ring. "I came down for a drink, saw the party, and thought, what the heck."
"That's bold," she said.
"Not really, what's that chance of everyone knowing everyone at a party?"
"None, I guess," she agreed, and she took another gulp of her cocktail, alarmed by how aroused he made her feel.
"Exactly, see no risk at all. So, Jane, what do you do for a living?" he asked, glancing at her. His eyes wandered over her shoulders, he looked at her beautiful neck, her cleavage, and then he took another sip of his lager.
"I'm a PA," she said, well she was almost, in other week. "You?" she asked.
"A Director," he said. She raised her eyebrows, impressed. "Very boring," he added.
"Why is that?" she asked. He shrugged.
"Been doing it for ever, you know. Sometimes I think it would be nice to do something else. I hit forty a few weeks ago and I guess I am having that middle age crisis people always talk about," he said, his eyes lifting to hers. "Are you married?" he asked. She shook her head.
"No, two weeks divorced," she replied, with relief in her voice and she looked up at him. "My husband had a mid-life crisis," she said, with a smile. "His answer was a blonde bimbo half his age called Urshula."
"I'm sorry," he replied, raising an eyebrow. He was, but he was also glad she was not married.
"Don't be, I'm not," she replied, swallowing at the realisation that she had actually spent a whole year without having had her face rearranged "He must have been mad," he added, and her cheeks burned, her heart pumping as she felt the intensity of his eyes on her. "You are very beautiful," he added, before he could stop the words coming out of his mouth. She looked away from him, her cheeks burning, was he flirting with her, as she had no idea? He smiled at her embarrassment; obviously, she was not used to having a man tell her she was beautiful, he liked that she did not realise how stunning she was.
"What about you?" she asked curiously, as she looked back at him. He shook his head.
"No, I never had the time. Kids?" he asked. She nodded.
"Yes I have two boys at University, Michael, and Jack," she said.
"Really, you don't look old enough," he replied. He had been trying to guess her age and had put her around her early thirties.
"Thanks. I had them very young. So if you could do what you wanted, what would you do?"
"Well, first it would have to be a worldwide trip. The US, Australia, so on. After that, I have no idea." Jane knocked back another champagne cocktail, even though her head was feeling dizzy, she was looking for a little Dutch courage, this man was seriously hot, and the more she looked at him the more she wanted to sleep with him. She had never had a one-night stand, Sam had been her one and only sexual partner, but she was ready now, to experiment a
little. They chatted for nearly an hour, ignoring the staff as they cleaned up the room behind them. She found Alex easy to talk too, and he made her laugh, a lot. The barman announced last orders and she sighed, as she was really enjoying his company.
Alex looked at her, and he was not ready to let her go just yet. This was not his thing, picking up girls in bars, but he found himself unable to stop.
"Fancy a nightcap?" he asked.
"Sure, do you want to come back to my room?" she offered nonchalant, but the heat flooding to her cheeks gave her true thoughts away.
"That would be nice," he replied, with a smile and he promptly brought a bottle of champagne.
Feeling a little drunk, she stumbled into the lift and leant against the side to steady herself. Alex put one hand on the lift wall, and he leant into her, he found her intoxicating, and so irresistible. Jane's heart was pumping ten to the dozen at the way he looked at her. Their eyes met and held, and lust smouldered like fire waiting to erupt.
Unable to control the urge, he kissed her, and for a moment, Jane gave into it. Then she pulled back sharply, when a slight wave of panic shot through her. What was wrong with her? She was practically throwing herself at a man she had known for an hour.
"Hey, who said you could kiss me?" she rushed, as her eyes caught his. For a second, Alex stood back as his common sense took over again.
Books by Rosemary Lynch


How did you get your start in the industry?
I started writing about three years ago after I had an amazing dream. That was how my epic fantasy 'Kainan' came about, and I have been having these dreams/images and writing ever since.
If you could change something about your first book, what would it be?
I think I would probably split it into two parts, as it is quite a big book!
What do you enjoy most about writing?
Bringing characters to life that would not had lived without you. As I write about them, they become so real, so intriguing, and I love it!
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?
To take a steady breath and do not rush. Absorb as much help and advice as you can, and ask for it too. Some of the facebook groups I now belong to have some great people on them, and I have learned so much through them. In general, other authors are happy to help, support and offer you advice.
What is your work ethic when it comes to writing?
Just to enjoy it. I do not set a timescale, I write as it flows and I tend to have at least two stories on the go at once, so I can break from one, if I need too.
How do you cope with stress as an author?
I do not find being an author stressful; it is all the other stuff! Advertising and trying to get your book out there to the public, as it is so difficult. I find a bar of dairy milk also helps!
Do things your family or friends do ever end up in a book?
Erm, yes, but don't tell them! In truth, my characters Kainan and Arweyn in my fantasy trilogy, are a lot like my husband and I, soul mates and best friends.
After a few glasses of wine, and some giggles with my sister-in-law, I promised her I would write her an erotic, sexy, heartwarming romance book, and so here, it is, Divorced, Free, and Single.
What are some jobs you've done before (or while) you were a writer?
My line of work is secretarial and administration. I have taken this year off to finish my trilogy, which went so well that I have had time to write Divorced, Free, and Single.
Which of your books would you recommend to someone who doesn't normally read your genre, and why?
I definitely think if you are new to fantasy, then to check out my trilogy, The Deragan Sword Prophecy ~ it is a nice, romantic adventure fantasy that is not too deep or dark.
What kind of books do you read when taking a break from your own writing?
Anything and everything, I am currently reading and enjoying Jackie Weger's Beyond Fate
What was the proudest moment of your life so far?
Seeing my children grow into happy, responsible young adults. For myself, opening that delivery box and seeing my first book in print ~ you cannot describe how great it feels.
What is your favorite holiday and why?
Disneyland Paris ~ We try to go every two years as a family, it was the only time when my girls were younger that we managed a holiday without any squabbles! Everyone just loves it, but we only go at Christmas time, as we are a real Christmas, twinkly light family.
What do you like to do when you're bored?
Bored! I do not have time for bored! I write, read, paint, bake, and walk the dogs ~ and somewhere in between there I have my teenage daughter and my young son, as well as my husband. There is no time to be bored!
If your life became a movie, who would you want to play you?
Kate Beckinsale ~ She is gorgeous, and I would like to pretend I had her figure.
Please underline which statement is more like you:
"I am a vacation spa because I am laid back and relaxed."
"I am a ten-countries in ten-days tour vacation, because I do things as fast as possible."

Please complete the sentences

I love pizza with coleslaw.
I'm always ready for bed (don't know why I said that!)
When I'm alone, I dream.
Rosemary Lynch
You'd never be able to tell, but I am completely bonkers.
If I had a halo it would be spinning above my head.
If I could teleport, I'd go and see my mum in Scotland.
I can never give up because I am determined.

Previous Books

Kainan ~ Deragan Sword Prophecy ~ Book One ~ Romantic Fantasy
Meladrom ~ Deragan Sword Prophecy ~ Book Two
Analise ~ Deragan Sword Prophecy ~ Book Three
Katlin ~ Romantic Fantasy
Divorced, Free, and Single ~ Contemporary Romance/Erotica ~ New release

Books Coming Soon

Raven ~ Romantic Fantasy
As of net unnamed paranormal/horror/romance

Find Me Here


  1. Good luck on it! Looks great!

  2. Rosemary! I knew I'd find you here. You read, write, paint and walk the dogs, take care of your kids and hubby? That's all you do? Put WRITE all in caps. I'm so enjoying Divorced . . .


  3. Excellent interview! Good choice for the excerpt, and the covers look great. Jackie owes you for plugging her book. Everybody check out 'Divorced, Free and Single'! Notice the 'HOT' heat rating...

    Good luck from Kindle Authors Helping authors Facebook group!

  4. I love the interview, Rosemary. The cover for Divorced, Free, and Single is absolutely gorgeous!

  5. Thank you Mia, I did that one myself!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...