June 5, 2013

Publisher Week Day 4: Submissions @LSbooks #RLFblog

This is Publisher Week at Romance Lives Forever. Three publishers will be featured, each during one special week. Those publishers are Boroughs Publishing Group in February, Liquid Silver Books in June, and JMS Books LLC in September.

Lovers are like wildfire -- given the right
fuel, they burn hot and out of control.

Spotlight on Submission Calls

We are looking for a few good men, okay more than a few and they don't have to be 'good' they have to be hot, sexy, and looking for love. You know the type – the romance hero we know, love, want to cuddle up with . . . or jump in bed with. Take a look at our open sub calls and grab your pen and paper, typewriter, or keyboard and start writing, because Liquid Silver Books is looking for romance authors!

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Minimum Word Count: 24K
Liquid Silver Books is looking for stories featuring protagonists whose jobs keep them out in the lonely outdoors usually alone or with just a few co-workers or a small crew. These can be first love or second chance stories.
We're looking for a main character who works as a ranch hand, cowboy, lumberjack, park ranger, Mountie, lineman for a power company, semi trucker for outlying communities, terra former on a remote planet, etc. People who drive/ride into the wilds to work covering lonely stretches of road/ground in front of them. We want stories showing us how they meet the love of their life or mate, and how they integrate them into their lives when they may be gone for days, weeks, or months at a time. Do they take them with them and have sex in some wonderful outdoor places? Do they leave them at home and when they get back, they don't "come up for air" for days at a time?
Big Beautiful Women
in Love

Big Beautiful Women in Love

Minimum Word Count: 24K
Liquid Silver Books is looking for stories featuring big beautiful women and the men who love them. Is the heroine of your romance at least a size 14? Is she someone with a few self-doubts or a few self-image issues who finds, and is ultimately adored by, a wonderful male?

Sexy, Sinful & All Grown-up

Sexy, Sinful & All
Grown Up
Minimum Word Count: 24K
Liquid Silver Books is looking for stories featuring protagonists who are 35+ years old. We want to offer stories about finding love after 35. These can be first love or second chance stories.
Have your central characters spent most of the time getting their career started or business off the ground before deciding they need to 'get a life'? Was one or more of them a 'wild child' or out 'sowing their oats' and has decided it is finally time to grow up? Did it take a while to get over that nasty divorce? Or has it just taken this long to find their mate?

I Need a Hero

Minimum Word Count: 15K
I Need a Hero
Liquid Silver Books is looking for stories that feature heroes. Whether these heroes are on the nightly news, or unnoticed, or hidden as they go about their work, they all deserve that one person who's not only their perfect partner, but who also brings them a very special "happily ever after."
These stories' protagonists must be strong and capable, but should not be perfect – they
should feel real, complex, with normal faults and problems, and they should learn important lessons about themselves as they fight to overcome the odds. There can be strong secondary characters, but the building relationship between the protagonists while they battle an intense and gripping conflict or villain must be the main thrust of the story.

Silver Slippers

Minimum Word Count: 15K
Silver Slippers
Silver Slippers are fantasies spun from the fairy tales we heard at our parents' knee. Elves, Queens, giants, gnomes, Fairy Godmothers…
goblins, Princes, Princesses, evil Kings and
Have your own spin on one of the Fairy Tale Classics? A naughty stepsister trying to steal your prince? A seamstress who has a one-night stand with a nameless stranger? Perhaps a meddling Godmother determined to help you find a mate?
We're looking for tales that make you laugh, make you sigh, and best of all, make you hot!

The fine print stuff:

Heat Levels: All
Relationships: All (M/F, M/M, F/F, M/F/M, M/M/F, F/M/F, F/F/M, M/F/M/M, etc.)
Your story must be strong and compelling, linking everything together, not just a series of sex scenes.
Your story must meet or exceed minimum word counts.
Your story can take place in any time – past, present, or future.
Your story can be any romance genre or sub-genre.
Your story must end with a HEA (Happily Ever After) or HFN (Happy For Now).
Your story can be a single title or the beginning of a series.
Our Submissions Guidelines page can be found at http://www.lsbooks.com/author-w3.php.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at Acquisitions@LiquidSilverBooks.com.


Where to find Liquid Silver Books


Stay in touch - Sign up for our new release announcement newsletter and our special event notification newsletter. Subscribe at LSbooks.com and get all the latest news delivered to your inbox! Register here.

38 comments:

  1. I'm all over The Great Outdoors. The new book is coming along! :) Becca Jameson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will there by wolves, Becca?

      Delete
    2. Wolves? Of course! Would it be a good story otherwise? hehe

      Delete
  2. Oh, I live in lumber country and I know a few lumberjacks - my mind is racing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep offering to be the cover model for the bbw line.....no takers yet!! Guess I'll just have to write my own and pose for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, I think that's a wonderful idea. Have you picked out the male model yet? Do we get a sneak peek at him?

      Delete
    2. Now that's thinking ahead. :)

      Delete
    3. Me and you both, Cherie. Two finer BBW's I can't picture.

      Delete
    4. I think both you a Cherie would make great cover models, Robin. Grab a couple of hunks and get busy!

      Delete
  4. If you are a writer, calls are a great way to start working with a publisher.
    If you're already writing for them, they're a great way to meet some fellow authors and try something new.
    And if you are a reader, picking up a short-story collection introduces you to a bunch of authors for a good price and could start a new addiction.

    I was part of the Beneath a Spring Moon shifter collection, and between that one and Under a Moonlit Night, I found seven other authors to read :)

    Elle Rush www.ellerush.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~waving~ at Elle - I like short-story collections too! I've found many wonderful authors and some hot and sexy reads. They are great for when you're sitting at the doctors office or waiting in line. I have a friend who carries her nook everywhere - if she's waiting for more than a couple of minutes, she has her nook out and reading.

      Delete
    2. I carry my Kindle with me. I can get in quite a few pages in just a few minutes. I've found many good writers because of short story collections.

      Delete
    3. I wish I could say I carry my eReader with me, hell I forget my cell phone most of the time. My kids are always telling me it does no good to have a cell phone if I leave home without it. Oy's I really miss the days when the phone was attached to a wall in the kitchen and I could ignore it if I didn't want to talk. lolol

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. I also love short story collections. I am introduced to so many good new and "new to me" authors who become favorites when reading the short story collections.

      Delete
    6. @Michelle. I still ignore the phone, otherwise I'd never get any writing done. (smiles)

      Delete
    7. @Michelle I have a cell phone but it's not internet capable. I only use it to talk. People look at me funny when I do :)

      @Jennifer I've found most of my favourite authors from various collections too,

      @Kayelle The one thing I regret about now having a car to drive to work is that I lost my reading-on-the-bus time. I had no idea how much I used my Kindle until I accidentally spilled a glass of water on it. The replacement seemed to take FOREVER to arrive. I do take it whenever I know there will be even a chance of me having a couple free minutes of waiting time.

      www.ellerush.com

      Delete
  5. I'm hoping my latest hero will be accepted by LSB, I can't think of a nice place for him to entertain readers. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Daisy! I'm sure it will!

      Delete
  6. Hi Daisy, do tell - what's his name, is he tall? Is he available as boyfriend material?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My new book, Loving Lydia features a cowboy, so I've got that one covered and as it's the first in a series - well watch out. Next up, Book 2 and Bad Girl Bill, due out in August, has an outdoor hero. I think that ticks two boxes.

    My New Submission going in to LSBooks at the end of this week is - wait for it - An Action Hero.

    Like Daisy, I do hope they accept it. There's nothing like a hero - even one with an ego.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones with egos can be even more fun. LOL Villains always have ego issues, have you noticed?

      Delete
    2. If he is anything like Sam or Michael, I can't wait to meet him Diane.

      Delete
  8. Hi Diane, wow, you've hit on three so far, keep going!! Now down to business, tell us all about the hunk in your Bad Girl Bill - is he hot, sexy, tall, eye color - you know all the info Heather and I need to determine which room to give him in the sex dungeon ~evil grins~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why, Michelle, he's a hero. Tall, blond, green-eyed and English. Oh and did I mention? He spends a lot of time in the baking heat of the sun. He's my hero and he's hot, hot, hot. But he can get out your dungeon (or in, ha!) with no problem at all. His skills are highly confidential. Ssshhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~swoon~ English accents are soooooo to die for. Can I have him? Please, I promise to take good care of him and I'll even share with Heather. We can set up a trade, one of hers for one of mine, after all variety is the spice of life!

      Delete
  10. OOO, doesn't this get the creative juices flowing! I think I've already got a start to The Great Outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~waving~ at Rhonda, I'm so excited to hear this. I can't get enough of your books.

      Delete
  11. Rhonda, there's nothing better than a hot, tanned outdoor type with large, rough hands ... I do like a cowboy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outdoor types are hot! Cowboys are good, Diane. We all need more cowboy's in our life.

      Delete
  12. Wow you guys all write such interesting books & now new ideas? Sweeeeet more book boyfriends in the making :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. My thoughts exactly, Heather. ;)

      Delete
    2. Make that a ditto from me :)

      Delete
  13. My current WIP features Wilhem (from Princes Knighted and Princes Wanted) and Charity, the princess of Aronia, who happens to be a BBW by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love reading about BBW and the men who love them. Can't wait to read it.

      Delete
  14. ~smiles~ Robin you are my hero. More princes books - call me a happy camper! I'm so glad Charity is getting her own romance, she deserves it. When is this one coming out? I need a Noventia fix.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi everyone. For those who don't know me, I am the Acquisitions Manager at Liquid Silver Books. If you have any questions about our submissions process or these subs calls, please don't hesitate to contact me. The email address is above under the subs calls. And by the way, your story doesn't have to fit one of these subs calls. We are always looking for good romance stories in any of the romance sub-genres in all heat levels whether they be sweet, spicy, hot, or of the intense molten variety. Stop by http://www.lsbooks.com/author-w3.php today to see our submissions guidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a couple of "great outdoors" releases: Destiny's Shadow and Alpine Attraction. They're a natural for me to write because I've spent half my life as a mountain climber. The other half as a backcountry skier. Well, okay, maybe not halves. I do other things as well, like write steamy paranormal romances, science fiction, and fantasy. Find me at http://anngimpel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...