September 17, 2013

Regency: Seduction of Lady Phoebe @EllaQuinnAuthor #RLFblog

Seduction of Lady Phoebe
Ella Quinn, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, The Seduction of Lady Phoebe.
Genre: Regency
Publisher: Kensington Publishing
Cover artist: Kensington
Length: 101,623 words
Heat rating: Spicy
Tagline:
Blurb: Polite society has its rules for marriage. But for Ella Quinn's eligible bachelors, their brides will show them that rules are for the weak of heart…
Phoebe Stanhope is not a typical Lady. As feisty as she is quick witted, no one can catch her, especially when she is driving her dashing phaeton with its perfectly matched horses. And unlike her peers, experience has guarded her against a growing list of would-be suitors. But when she encounters Marcus Finley, what she fears most burns deep within his blue-eyed gaze…
For Lord Marcus, the spark of recognition is but a moment in the love he has held these many years. Now that he's returned to England, all the happiness he desires rests on Lady Phoebe never finding out that he was the one who turned her heart so cold and distant. He must work fast to gain the advantage—to convince her what she wants is exactly what she denies—but in order to seduce her into his arms, he must be willing to give up more than he can control…

Buy links:

What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Lady Phoebe Stanhope, three and twenty, lady
Lord Marcus Finley, eight and twenty, gentleman

Excerpt:

Marcus Finley arrived at the White Horse Inn with his friend Robert, Viscount Beaumont, who had reserved rooms there. Marcus found chambers across the street at the Red Unicorn. They met later to dine in a private parlor Marcus hired.
"Quite good ordinary they have here." Robert sat back in his chair, crossing one highly polished boot over the other. "The brandy is as good as any I've had. Must be French, though I don't wish to know how the landlord came by it."
Marcus grinned. "Yes, it's very good and probably smuggled."
Silence fell for a few moments, then Robert sat straight up in his chair. "Marcus, my boy, I saw the most beautiful gal I've ever seen in my life at the White Horse."
Marcus lounged in his chair, lifting a brow in inquiry. Robert was known to be a favorite with the many disenchanted matrons of the ton.
"And where did you find this paragon of nature?" Marcus asked in a languid drawl. "In the tap?"
"No, no, my boy, not a game-pullet. Not at all. She was a lady."
Marcus raised his quizzing glass and regarded his friend more closely. "Married?"
"No. Put that thing away, you know I don't like it. Besides, there's nothing wrong with me. She is a well-bred, unmarried lady. Beautiful, I tell you. Tiny. Has a good figure, quite a neat ankle, and the most gorgeous gold-red hair. Perfect in every way."
Marcus's fingers tightened around his glass. Robert's conquests were legend, but they didn't extend to well-bred innocents. A terrifying thought began to fill Marcus's mind. It couldn't be Phoebe. She was at Cranbourne Place.
He fought to keep his face calm, his gaze focused on his friend. "Who is this lady, do you know?"
"Yes, got my groom to ask one of the ostlers. Stupid fellows, those ostlers, giving out that kind of information," Lord Beaumont ruminated, definitely on the go. "Yes, now that I think on it, I believe I shall have a word with the landlord. The servants ought not be giving that sort of thing out."
Marcus tapped his fingers on the table. "Her name, Robert?"
"Her name?" Marcus repeated and waved an impatient hand to encourage his friend to continue.
"Oh, yes," Robert finally said. "Lady Phoebe Stanhope. Heard of her of course. Never seen her before. Don't, as a rule, attend those types of events. Not much for the Grand Strut you know. Must avoid the matchmaking mamas. M'grandmother's been after me to marry. Lady Phoebe is a devilish good-looking gal. I may have to make a push."
Marcus fumed. Lady Phoebe. His Vision. Friends or no, he would be damned if he'd let Robert anywhere near her.

Interview

What is the most important thing you do for your career now, as compared to when you first started writing?
I work on my social media platform. When I first started all I did was write. By the time it dawned on me that I needed to get involved in social media, I'd written four books. So during the time I was working with my agent's assistant learning to edit, I took a class and began building my platform.
What websites do you visit daily?
I try to support other authors, and visit many websites on a daily basis. I regularly visit Writers in the Storm, for interesting writing tips and Rakes and Rascals, for new historical releases.
If you could change something about your first book, what would it be?
LOL. All the head-hopping I did when I first wrote it, and continuing to exercise. I gained a lot of weight that first year.
What do you enjoy most about writing?
Telling my characters' stories and the research. I love learning new things.
What is your work ethic when it comes to writing?
Each morning, I catch up on email, Twitter and Facebook. Then in the afternoon I write. I would love to write first thing, but I can't think until the other stuff is out of the way. Of course, that gives me an incentive to get off Facebook.
What kind of books do you read when taking a break from your own writing?
Mostly historical romance, though I still enjoy spy stories.
Which of your books would you recommend to someone who doesn't normally read your genre, and why?
I actually have a couple of people who don't read romance that are going to Read the Seduction of Lady Phoebe. I recommend the first one, because it's the start of the series and introduces the characters.
What is your favorite holiday and why?
A ski holiday in Austria. I love being on the mountain, and we have very good friends in the area we frequent.
What good book have you read recently?
Miranda Neville's The Ruin of a Rake.
Where were you at midnight, on December 31st when the new century started?
We were in London wishing we'd gone to Edinburgh instead.
If you were a color, what color would you be?
Apple green.
Please underline which statement is more like you:
"I am a vacation spa because I am laid back and relaxed."
"I am a ten-countries in ten-days tour vacation, because I do things as fast as possible."

Please complete the sentences

I love pizza with Gorgonzola cheese, spinach and mushrooms.
I'm always ready for time with my husband.
When I'm alone, I write, read, and take walks.
You'd never be able to tell, but I love riding on the back of my husband's Harley.
If I had a halo it would be just a bit crooked.
If I could twitch my nose like Samantha I'd be the happiest person on earth.
I can never jump out of a plane because no one will let me.
Ella Quinn

Books Coming Soon

The Secret Life of Miss Anna Marsh – November 4th
The Temptation of Lady Serena – January 14th
Desiring Lady Caro – April 2014

Contest

One person who comments and says they want the book, will receive a digital copy of The Seduction of Lady Phoebe.

Find Me Here



55 comments:

  1. Whoa! There's a new title coming soon. Is that part of the series too? The name doesn't fit the others so I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a new title, and it's part of the same series. Blame my editor.

      Delete
    2. OK, I will. You were very wise to right so many books before getting published. Promoting and Marketing is a full time job and like any job, you need time to become efficient at it. However, I think you are doing an excellent job.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new release, Ella. I’m certainly looking forward to reading it. Sure would love to win a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for your release. Best of luck, I'm sure it will be a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I can't wait to read The Seduction of Lady Phoebe. I'm tweeting, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview, Ella and Kayelle! I love learning new things about authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenn! Kayelle is such a good hostess.

      Delete
    2. Hey Jenn. ^_^ Thank you. And thank you, Ella! Love having you. It's always fun. You rock the blog big time.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your upcoming release, Ella! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kary, thank you so much. You're support means a lot to me!

      Delete
  7. I am excited to read your new book! I really enjoyed your interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angieia. :) Love the spelling of your name!

      Delete
  8. I'm excited for you to read it too, Angieia!! Two more days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only two more days, Ella. Bet there were times when you felt like it would never get here. Best wishes on the release of The Seduction of Lady Phoebe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, thank you so much. For some reason, This week is going slower than the last 4 months have.

      Delete
    2. Hey, Sandy. :) Thanks for being here for Ella!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the release of this & all your upcoming books! I'd love a copy *fingers crossed*. I do so like intelligent, feisty heroines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Thank you so much for coming by!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for coming by, Linda.

      Delete
  11. It's almost here, Ella! I'm so excited for you!
    I shared and reblogged on my blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is, Collette. Thank you so much for spreading the word!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh loved your excerpt, Ella. I can't tell how excited I am to read this book. Also, very excited to know you have more books planned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Brenda!!! I'm trying not to think about it too much, but I'm really on edge.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for coming by, Brenda!

      Delete
  14. Great interview. Love the excerpt! I love riding on the back of the Harley as well.

    Can't wait for the book to be released. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful interview! I really loved how you mention their ages. I wish you all the best and many sales. It sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melissa, for coming by!

      Delete
    2. She did do a good job on that, didn't she? :)

      Delete
  16. Great interview, ladies. Fun new questions. Congratulations on your impending release! Fabulous book! Tweeted and Facebooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by and sharing, Jenna!

      Delete
    2. Glad you liked the questions, Jenna. :)

      Delete
  17. Great interview Ella and good luck with the book and series. May you sell millions. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful interview, Ella! Can't wait to read this book. Tweeted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lana! Appreciate the share for Ella. ^_^

      Delete
  19. Ella, It's here at last and I'm thrilled for you. I'm so looking forward to reading "Lady Phoebe."

    Many happy sales :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara!! I'm tempted to stay up until midnight, but I have an early morning tomorrow.

      Delete
  20. Ella, It's here at last and I'm thrilled for you. I'm so looking forward to reading "Lady Phoebe."

    Many happy sales :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...