October 2, 2013

Character Interview: Luc's Prince, A Feline Alien Tells All @loveunleashed #RLFblog #Cats

Forbid My Heart 
An Interview with Izzorah Ceeow (as told to Kayelle Allen)

Izzorah Ceeow is a Kin, a feline humanoid with catlike ears and eyes, claws hidden beneath human nails, and the ability to smell emotions. He's been in two books of mine, Surrender Love, and Forbid My Heart. In this exclusive interview, he answers my questions about how he met the human Luc Saint-Cyr. (Shh, don't tell Izzorah, because he'll find out in my upcoming book Surrender Trust, but Luc isn't really human. He's an immortal -- and so is Izzorah. He just doesn't know yet.) Luc calls him "Rah" which means passion.

Kayelle:          Thanks for talking to me today, Izzorah. Do you mind telling us how you met Luc?
Izzorah:          But, you know how. You wrote all about us in your book.
Kayelle:          That's true, but this is a special situation. Remember I explained that others would read about your story who haven't read the book yet? This is for them.
Izzorah:          But why don't you just tell them? Why are you asking me? You know, don't you? I don't understand.
Kayelle:          *sigh* This is something humans do, Izzorah. Sorry. Besides, I'd like to hear it from you. Okay?
Izzorah:          *lays back his ears and sneezes like a cat* Okay. *mumbles something about humans and the word strange* We met at his office.
Kayelle:          Where was that?
Izzorah:          But you know whe---
Kayelle:          Rah, just go with it, all right?
Izzorah:          *sneezes again* Fine. It was in Tarth City. I'd just come back from a big tour, and we were supposed to sign up with Lucsondis, the company Luc owns.
Kayelle:          You mean you and the group Kumwhatmay were there, right?
Izzorah:          But you kno-- oh, never mind. Yes. Kory and the other guys were there. They didn't know yet that I liked guys. I'd hidden how I felt, because on my homeworld being gay is punishable by death. They were human and probably wouldn't have cared, but a lot of the group's fans were Kin, like me. I didn't want to lose us fans.
Kayelle:          This is good. Go on. Tell us about the moment you met Luc.
Izzorah:          *brings his ears forward and purrs* Back then, my eyes were still damaged, and I couldn't see very well, not like now. Luc helped me get my sight back. But then, all I could tell was that another male had entered the room. Luc's scent wasn't like most men. He has a unique combination -- like chocolate which is how Kin can tell a person is full of despair, usually. Luc had a bit of mint there as well -- which is amusement. Most people can't have lost hope and yet be entertained. It made my ears stand right up.
Kayelle:          So you were surprised by the way his emotions combined?
Izzorah:          Yeah. And he was full of romtzeet. You humans call it testosterone. More than any guy I've ever met. He smelled so good I wanted to lick the air when he walked into the room. Those three scents together were just amazing.
Kayelle:          He introduced himself to you, didn't he?
Izzorah:          Oh yeah. *he pauses, and laughs* He said, "Welcome to Tarth," and then started stammering. He completely lost his train of thought, and just stared at me while he shook my hand. In fact, he took it both of his and just stood there, looking into my eyes. I started blushing, cause I was sure the guys in Kumwhatmay were going to figure out that I liked him, and he suddenly let go. He welcomed me to Tarth again and then realized he'd already said that and corrected himself. *grins* He was adorable being all flustered and confused. And he smelled wonderful. I knew I'd made him happy, and that made my entire day.
Kayelle:          You had an accident later that day and were badly injured, and ended up in the hospital. What happened when Luc heard about it?
Izzorah:          That's the most amazing part. After Kumwhatmay finished the signing and we all went back to the hotel, I started daydreaming about Luc. I'd always had this fantasy of having a warrior who'd fall in love with me, and I wondered if Luc was the one. So I kind of wished for a sign that would prove if he was.
Kayelle:          What was your wish?
Izzorah:          That if Luc was my warrior, he'd rescue me. I didn't know what from, really. I wasn't in danger. My life, maybe. I wasn't happy, because I was alone, but I was successful. I wanted someone to love and to love me.
Kayelle:          And what happened?
Izzorah:          Luc heard that I'd been injured and needed blood. He was with my aunt, who works for him, and he brought her to the hospital. But my blood type was too rare. She couldn't donate to me. Luc could though. He's a universal donor. He saved my life.
Kayelle:          So he rescued you?
Izzorah:          *blushing* Yeah, he did. A few days later, he rescued me again when there was an issue with my passport. That was just some clerical error, but until Luc got there, I was in danger of being arrested and deported, and he put a stop to it. To make sure I was legal, the authorities did a big check on my background, and they said Luc had to take custody of me. So I had to live in his house. I'd never been so happy to be in trouble in my life.
Kayelle:          And that led to another entire adventure, didn't it?
Izzorah:          *grins widely* What happened next is really what your whole book is about!
Kayelle:          Right you are. Tell me about the jewelry you're wearing.
Izzorah:          *touches the gems against his forehead* This is a krona. In my language it's similar to a crown, but it's also what males wear when they're married to the tzesar, the warrior and ruler of their clan.
Kayelle:          What does it mean?
Izzorah:          *beaming a sweet smile* It means Luc is my warrior.
Kayelle:          And...?
Izzorah:          *biggest smile yet, with a bright blush* And I am Luc's prince.

Luc and Rah are featured in these books:
Surrender Love (a Tarthian Empire Story)
Not rebound, payback, loneliness, or great sex, and far beyond love. This is surrender.
Surrender Love 
In the beds of countless lovers, the immortal Luc Saint-Cyr has been mastered as well as master, commanded as well as commander. When his mortal lover leaves him, the distraught Luc withdraws and devotes himself to work. His entertainment company throws a ceremony for their most successful rock group, and Luc meets drummer Izzorah "Rah" Ceeow, one of the feline Kin race. Rah's dark hair and velvety, golden furskin captivate Luc. Pert cat's ears and a quick smile lighten his mood, and one look into Rah's emerald eyes, deep and tranquil as a forest pool, and troubles cease.
He suspects the mid-twenties male is a virgin, and Luc, fascinated by Rah's quiet serenity and lack of guile, longs for a deeper, closer relationship. Savoring Rah's surrender will be as delicious as taking him. Luc will force nothing. Rah will give himself to Luc when he is ready to surrender his innocence, to capitulate every part of himself to Luc's command. Rah will open himself and let himself be taken. Luc's anticipation and desire are palpable; as real as his hunger for faithful, unconditional love. But to gain Rah, Luc is going to have to surrender himself.
Genre: Erotic Science Fiction Romance, Gay Romance, LGBT, Multicultural

Forbid My Heart: A Luc and Rah Story
Waking in the middle of the night, Izzorah begins to worry. His lover has pledged to take him back to visit his homeworld, but Izzorah knows the fact that they're gay could cause their death if the Kin Pride Council hears about it. His heart tells him to trust Luc, but Izzorah's fear is real. He snuggles up to Luc, seeking comfort.
Luc is immortal. He has the perspective to understand his lover's concerns and not worry about them. To distract Izzorah, Luc tries a sexy game of dominance and submission played during their shared shower. Izzorah's unreserved trust and respect make Luc long to wipe out any shadow of trouble or sorrow. He would turn the Kin homeworld upside down to protect him, but convincing Izzorah he can do it will mean confessing a truth Luc is not yet ready to share.
Luc and Rah must learn: where the heart leads -- follow.
Genre: Erotic Science Fiction Romance, Gay Romance, LGBT, Multicultural

About Kayelle Allen
Kayelle Allen is a multi-published, EPIC Award winning author. She writes Contemporary Romance, Gay Romance, Erotic Science Fiction Romance, Mainstream Fantasy, BDSM, and non-fiction. She likes to attend Science Fiction conventions, and has been a speaker at DragonCon, Outlantacon, and Gaylaxicon. She is a US Navy Veteran, and founded her own graphics company. Kayelle is married to her personal hero, and makes her home in the southeast.

Thank you for popping in to read today. As my gift, please accept The Tarthian Empire Companion Book, First Edition. This is 23 pages of images and info about Tarth and all the other places in the empire. When you click it, this will either offer you a download, or open in a new window, depending on your settings. To read it, you need Adobe Reader, available free. http://is.gd/seeTarthCity


  1. Reading this takes me back to my first meeting with Izzorah. LOVE that character. And what a super cover. Guess what I'll be reading tonight after dinner?

    1. I love revisiting a favorite book. It's like having dinner with an old friend. :) Thank you, Mona.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...