November 20, 2013

Erotica: Master Marshal (Tabu Series) @GrayDixon #RLFblog

Master Marshal 
Gray Dixon, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, Master Marshal (Book 4, Masters of Tabu Series).
Genre: Erotica, Contemporary
Publisher: Secret Cravings Publishing
Cover artist: Dawné Dominique
Length: 220 pages
Heat rating: 5 Flames, Scorching
Tagline: A cowboy and a supermodel ignite unbridled passion in the Texas heat.
Shane Marshal struggles to keep his family's cattle ranch above financial flood waters. With help from friends, he turns the homestead into a BDSM retreat. He can't keep his mind on business when a single woman from New York with legs to infinity arrives. To tamp down his lustful thoughts, he goes out of his way to give her grief, but she doesn't flinch. He needs a new strategy.
Valentina Halston, a high fashion model, changed her name from Sharon Berger to hide her past. After finding her boyfriend in delicato with another model, she books a vacation at a dude ranch with BDSM activities in search of change. Rest and relaxation, fresh air, no phones, no paparazzi, and no cheating boyfriend sounded perfect. Instead, she finds more than she could imagine.
What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Shane Marshal, a thirty-four year old cattle rancher and co-owner of Club Tabu with his college buddies.
Sharon Berger aka Valentina Halston, is a twenty-five year sold model, living in New York City on vacation at a dude ranch in Texas.


How did you get your start in the industry?
Pitched an idea to my publisher and signed. Then I had to write them!
What is the most important thing you do for your career now, as compared to when you first started writing?
I'm working more at networking and concentrating my efforts instead of trying to do it all. I need time to write!
What websites do you visit daily?
I visit first all my chat groups and check emails and then Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads. I will check my blog about every other day. Then I will go back and check out blogs by those I like to frequent like favorite genre authors and do research on current WIP. I Google a lot!
If you could change something about your first book, what would it be?
I'd make it longer. I started this series to be only around 35K words and then decided to make them longer. Trying to add to something short isn't easy. Master Marshal, the fourth book in the series, is at 84K compared to Master Knight at 53K.
What do you enjoy most about writing?
Escaping to another world that I'm constantly building. The creative process is rewarding.
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?
Start writing sooner and don't wait until I retired.
Which of your books would you recommend to someone who doesn't normally read your genre, and why?
The second book, Master Prince. I really enjoyed writing the characters and their story. I hated to end it. All the reviews that have come in certainly agree with being enjoyable which helps validate my writing their story.
What do you think is the future of traditional publishing?
I wish I knew. All I can do is keep writing and hope I can keep getting them published.
What was the proudest moment of your life so far?
My marriage (no one in my family thought I'd ever marry) and the birth of my daughter (also because no one in my family ever thought I wanted children) and my granddaughter being born (because I was there helping my daughter during labor and delivery).
Imagine you get to go on a dream vacation, but you have only one hour to pack and leave, and it starts as soon as you finish this interview. What will you take with you and where will you go?
An empty suitcase with my passport, credit card and go to the Greek Isles. Can always buy clothes and essentials on the other end.
What good book have you read recently?
James Rollins' Bloodline. Really, really liked it. First one I've read anything from him.
Where were you at midnight, on December 31st when the new century started?
Watching Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve on television. I don't go out that late at night.
What do you like to do when you're bored?
I rarely get bored and if I do I just do something different.
If you were a color, what color would you be?
Tough one. I like lots of colors and my house looks like it too. Red, Black, Purple, Yellow (Gold), Pink (all shades), and blue/green. Applied the principles of Feng Shui when designed house and decorated. Maybe ask what color I don't like would be better.
What do you wish I had asked you? Please ask and answer it now.
What got you interested in BDSM? I got more and more riveted reading and something inside me felt comfortable exploring it. Tthe biggest change was attending Dr. Charley Ferrer's BDSM for Writers Workshop in New York City August 2013. Part of the curriculum was two visits to Paddles, the longest running dungeon in NYC. What an eye opener those visits were! Next year on August 21-24, 2014, there will be a full-blown conference with dozens of speakers and three days of workshops, including those by practitioners of the lifestyle. Anyone interested in learning more about BDSM, whether writing it or wanting to experience it or just being informed, go to to read more about this fantastic conference and tell them I sent you. I'll be a featured author too and will have books for signing. Joey Hill will be the Keynote Speaker as well as other well-known authors. You won't want to miss it. You can also go to my blog, see the information and link on the icon at the bottom!
Please underline which statement is more like you:
"I am a vacation spa because I am laid back and relaxed."
"I am a ten-countries in ten-days tour vacation, because I do things as fast as possible."

Please complete the sentences

I love pizza with pepperoni.
I'm always ready for a good laugh.
When I'm alone, I think about my next story to write.
You'd never be able to tell, but I used to work in a factory.
If I had a halo it would be pink.
If I could rule the world I'd stop strife, hunger and war. Did I sound like a beauty pageant participant?
I can never rule the world because no one would take me seriously.

Previous Books

Master Knight, Book 1
Master Prince, Book 2
Master King, Book 3
Cristale's Awakening (Stand alone novella)

Books Coming Soon

Master Dragon, Book 5 April 2014
Master Squire, Book 6 August 2014
Master Tempest, Book 7, December 2014

Find Me Here


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...