December 3, 2013

Contemporary Interracial: Blake Legacy @rhondalaurel #RLFblog

Blake Legacy 
Rhonda Laurel, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, The Blake Legacy (The Blake Boys Series #3).
Genre: Contemporary Interracial Romance
Tagline: Two lovers. Two dreams. One hell of a hard decision…
Publisher: Etopia Press
Cover artist:
Length: 213 Pages
Heat rating: Sensual
NFL quarterback Seth Blake is having an unbelievable hot streak--he's won his third Super Bowl title the same day his wife Morgan gave birth to their son. Life couldn't be better for the new father and MVP. His contract with the Philadelphia Titans expires in a year, giving him a chance to make a professional dream come true: to play in his home state for the Texas Wildcats and return to his much-missed Twelve Horseshoes Ranch--this time, for good.
Morgan Reed-Blake has never been happier. She's got the best husband, the cutest baby, and she's successfully juggling career and family. Her bookstore is expanding, her charitable organization is growing, and she's been offered her dream job on the literacy council. Everything in her Philadelphia world is coming up roses. Until Seth's contract with the Titans expires, and his dream of returning home comes close enough to touch…and the powers that be in Texas start romancing Seth in earnest. Morgan and Seth both have dreams. But a choice has to be made…
Buy links:

What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?
Seth Blake – 30 yrs. old – Quarterback for Philadelphia Titans
Morgan Reed-Blake – 27 yrs. Old – Bookstore Owner/Literary Philanthropist


Seth Blake begrudgingly prepared for the impromptu press conference in the hospital amphitheater. He didn't know how his publicist, Daniel, had managed to organize it, but there was a media circus waiting down stairs to interview him. After he'd won the Super Bowl, Seth had found out his wife, Morgan, had gone into labor, and he'd run out of the stadium so fast there had been no time for interviews and congratulatory fanfare.
Now he held his son, Seth Jacob Blake Jr., in his arms, celebrating his third win in a row was the last thing on his mind.
Morgan assured him that she and the baby would be fine for an hour without him. Despite the fact that their entire family stood outside in the hallway, he took the quickest shower of his life, peeking out of the bathroom from time to time to check on them. Morgan looked radiant, despite not having slept the past seventeen hours. The nurses wanted to make her more comfortable, but she wasn't interested in anything that required taking the baby out of her arms.
Seth changed and shaved, but he still wasn't ready to go. As far as he was concerned, seeing his son being born was the most exciting and fulfilling thing that had happened all day.
He sighed. "This shouldn't take too long."
Morgan smiled at him. "Take all the time you need. You did it. You're a third time MVP and Super Bowl champ. This is your moment."
"This right here is my moment." He leaned in and kissed her and the baby.
"The sooner you leave, the sooner you'll be back." Morgan shooed him out of the room.
Seth stepped out into the hall and came face to face with the Blake and Reed clans.
"Congrats again, baby." His mother, Teri-Lyn, gave him a big squeeze. "Sydney and I will go in with Morgan while you do your press conference."
"I went back to the hotel and got her hospital bag." Michelle, who was standing next to Seth's brother Tyler, pointed to the bag in a chair. "Thank goodness my neurotic friend packed one just in case."
Tyler smirked at him. "If he picks up a football while you're down there, I promise I'll come and get you."
"That's not funny, Tyler." Seth punched his brother in the arm.
"I don't know about a football, but maybe he'll pick up a guitar," Seth's best friend, Tate McGill, said behind them.
"You're both wrong," Channing, his youngest brother, said. "One look at him and you can tell he's a genius. It's clear he wants to study law."
Seth shot all of them evil looks, but he enjoyed the endless possibilities for his son's life. He and Morgan had talked about the dreams they had for their child before he was born. Morgan had assured Seth she was OK with his secret desire for his son to one day be a football player in his own right. Both agreed as long as he was happy and healthy, Seth Jacob Blake Jr. could carve out whatever life he wanted for himself.


How did you get your start in the industry?
I got my start many years ago when a small magazine published a short story I had written during down time in college. Several years later I decided to pursue it again and to take the tumble down the rabbit hole.
What is the most important thing you do for your career now, as compared to when you first started writing?
A book needs nurturing even after publication. I strategize more about where I am headed with the stories I write and what I am trying to accomplish by writing it.
What websites do you visit daily?
I always tune into Twitter and Facebook.
What do you enjoy most about writing?
I enjoy creating worlds with unique characters that take on a life of their own.
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?
Being a late bloomer is a good thing!
What is your work ethic when it comes to writing?
I don't force the words to come. If that means some time away from the laptop, then I do it for the sake of the story I'm trying to complete.
What do you think is the future of traditional publishing?
I think traditional publishing is finding a way to work successfully with new technology. I believe printed books and e-books can live in harmony with a mutual respect for each other.
Imagine you get to go on a dream vacation, but you have only one hour to pack and leave, and it starts as soon as you finish this interview. What will you take with you and where will you go?
I would go to California and I would take an overnight bag filled with essentials like my laptop, iPod, camera and few clothing items.
What is your favorite holiday and why?
I like Christmas because people are a bit nicer because they are filled with the holiday spirit.
If you were a color, what color would you be?
I would be the color blue. Blue is cool, fluid and it puts people at ease.
Please underline which statement is more like you:
"I am a vacation spa because I am laid back and relaxed."
"I am a ten-countries in ten-days tour vacation, because I do things as fast as possible."

Please complete the sentences

I love pizza with Dr. Pepper soda.
I'm always ready for a Golden Girls marathon.
When I'm alone, I like to watch television.
You'd never be able to tell, but I like to crochet.
If I had a halo it would be glowing.
If I could travel back in time I'd learn how to sky dive.
I can never have a cat because I'm a dog person.

Previous Books

Ebb Tide, For the Love of the Game (The Blake Boys 1), Shutter, Memories of You, Star Crossed, MVP (The Blake Boys 2) and California Bored and Tourism.

Books Coming Soon

Hollywood Rush and Texas Heat

Find Me Here

Amazon Author P

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...