|What a Texas Girl Needs|
Today's guest post is by author Kristina Knight.
I've been a fan of the Cowboys (the football team and the real-life guys) for as long as I can remember. I grew up watching cowboy movies with my grandfather and reading Louis L'Amour books once my brother was done with them. I was just a leeetle bit of a tom-boy. But the reason I loved those old movies and books were the romantic cowboys themselves – the guys who loved their land and stood up for what they believed in.
I always wanted to meet one of those Old West Cowboys.
Without further ado, here are my Top 10 Reasons to Love Cowboys:
10. They look good in hats. Cowboys don't just wear hats for the fashion statement, hats are a protection from the cold, heat and other weather. But it takes the right guy to look good in a hat.
9. They're honest. Sometimes to a fault. Cowboys don't temper their arguments. Cowboys don't compromise. They see the world as black and white…and that is kind of refreshing.
8. They're committed. Whether it's to the land they love or the women, cowboys are committed.
7. They know how to have fun. Camping under the stars, dancing at a honky-tonk or just watching a movie at home, cowboys know what they like. And what they like is fun.
6. They stand up for what they believe in. This goes back to Reason #8 – cowboys have a strong belief system and they stand up for it every day.
5. Cowboys look good in Wranglers. Or
Levis. Enough said.
4. Those grins! Cowboys, in my experience, have a wicked sense of humor. And no one is immune.
3. They know how to drive and ride. Whether it's a big, black truck or a big, black horse, cowboys are in charge.
2. They're romantic. No, they may not bring flowers home every night but a cowboy will never leave his lady wondering where she stands with him.
1. They're a symbol – of what we all want. Cowboys know who they are, what they want and what they're willing to do to get that thing. Isn't that what we all want?
In What a Texas Girl Needs, Mat has a secret that may ruin his life as a cowboy. . .but it's a secret he doesn't know if he can share with Vanessa, even though he loves her. In What a Texas Girl Dreams, Trick knows exactly what he wants – Monica Witte – and he's going to do whatever it takes to win her heart. Both books are on sale for 99 cents for a limited time – grab your copies before its too late!
(buy links/blurbs/excerpts in separate file)
Vanessa Witte is ready to finally claim her life. The middle of three daughters born into the Witte family - a powerful
Texas name - she's been content to float through
life. Being dumped by her shady ex? A blessing in disguise. Having a one-night-stand
with Matias Barnes? Not one of her more stellar moments. But she's back in Lockhardt
with a secret and a reason to start fresh: A baby.
Matias Barnes knows all about society women - it's part of the reason he left his wealthy family behind and took a job on a ranch. He doesn't like the endless string of parties, the inane conversation, or the gold-digging tricks those women have perfected. But that doesn't stop him from wanting Vanessa Witte. Mat knows she's so not right for him, but with her back in Lockhardt, can he resist her charms long enough to really let her go?
|What a Texas Girl Dreams|
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/what-a-texas-girl-needs-kristina-knight/1114001402?ean=9781440555718
Monica Witte has life the way she likes it. She comes home to be babied every few months and the rest of the time she has no strings holding her back. But after her horse is injured in a rodeo performance, Monica knows it's time to come home and face her family – warts and all.
Trickett Samuels works best on his own. The large-animal vet likes his quiet life in the
countryside. When Monica Witte blows into town, demanding a quick fix to her horse's
big issues, his life is turned upside down. Trickett doesn't understand Monica's
need to perform before perfect strangers or why she wants to keep the truth of their
relationship from her family. And the more he gets to know her, the more he wonders
if he can convince this Texas
girl that having roots will only help her soar higher.
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/what-a-texas-girl-dreams-kristina-knight/1115399006?ean=9781440555732
About the Author
Once upon a time, Kristina Knight spent her days running from car crash to fire to meetings with local police--no, she wasn't a troublemaker, she was a journalist. When the opportunity to focus a bit of energy on the stories in her head, she jumped at it. And she's never looked back. Now she writes magazine articles by day and romance novels with spice by night. She lives on
Lake Erie with her husband and daughter. Happily ever after.
Find Me Here