January 20, 2014

Interview: Tina Donahue @tinadonahue Author Seven Sensuous Days #RLFblog @ellorascave

Seven Sensuous Days 

Seven Sensuous Days

Genre: Contemporary Erotic – Book Four, Appointment with Pleasure series
Author: Tina Donahue
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): R
At an erotic auction, she's his to bid on…to take…to command.
The night's sultry, filled with carnal promise as Tessa participates in an agency event to raise money for charity. She's chained and bared—as women were once displayed for a sultan's harem—her sweet looks and full figure offered to the wealthy and powerful men.
Among them is Logan. To him, Tessa is so different from his late wife, the seemingly perfect female who cruelly stole his hope and future. Wanting only to forget and have a good time, he wins Tessa, demanding she be his in every way possible, engaging in all wanton acts, though not only for an evening…for seven sensuous days at his secluded Virginia estate.
A provocative proposal with such a dangerously virile man.
A week that changes everything, with Tessa's exquisite vulnerability and Logan's suddenly unquenchable desire more than either bargained for.

Buy This Book

Coming Soon! Please see the author's site http://www.tinadonahue.com/

Interview with Tina Donahue

Why did you write this book?
I adore the story between Logan and Tessa. An event in Logan's past devastated him to the point where he doesn't want love any longer. He only seeks pleasure. As a full-figured woman, Tessa has been used to men ignoring her, but she still hopes for romance and love. When they meet, their attraction is undeniable and irresistible, though Logan does fight it. However, Tessa's a strong woman and is not about to give up on her man.
What is your favorite genre to read?
Hard to say. I love romance, but I also enjoy thrillers, horror, mainstream (The Lovely Bones is one of my all-time favs), dystopian works (Simply adore The Handmaid's Tale – wow, what a book), social message dramas (ala The Millennium Trilogy – The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc. Amazing books). So, I guess you can say I like just about everything.
What is your favorite character from fiction (not including your own characters)? 
Salandar in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Unbelievably smart. She kicks some serious ass. Good for her.
Do you enjoy films and/or TV shows? Which are your favorites?
I love movies. Just got into Hulu and have been watching them from my computer. A couple that really stuck with me (based on true stories) were Megan is Missing and An American Crime. Wow. Creepy stuff. Sad too.
For TV, I love Suits, Grey's Anatomy, Hoarders, Dance Mom's, The Glades, The Walking Dead, and Hell on Wheels (to name a few).Guess you could say my tastes are all over the place.
What are you working on at the moment, and what are we likely to see from you in the coming months?
I'm working on a new series about Doms for one of my publishers. I just submitted a new series (romantic comedies) about paranormal creatures to another.

Author Bio

Tina Donahue is an award-winning, bestselling novelist in erotic, paranormal, contemporary and historical romance for Samhain Publishing, Ellora's Cave, and Kensington. Booklist, Publisher's Weekly, Romantic Times and numerous online sites have praised her work. Three of her erotic romances (Adored, Lush Velvet Nights, and Deep, Dark, Delicious) were named finalists in the 2011 EPIC competition. The French review site, Blue Moon reviews, chose her erotic romance Sensual Stranger as their Book of the Year 2010 (erotic category). The Golden Nib Award at Miz Love Loves Books was created specifically for Lush Velvet Nights, and two of her titles (The Yearning and Deep, Dark, Delicious) received an Award of Merit in the RWA Holt Medallion competition (2011 and 2012). Take Me Away and Adored both won second place in the NEC RWA contest (different years). Tina is featured in the 2012 Novel & Short Story Writer's Market. She was the editor of an award–winning Midwestern newspaper and worked in Story Direction for a Hollywood production company.

Author Social Media



16 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me here today, Kayelle!! I'm honored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could feel her pain when no one bid for her. It was such a relief when someone did. Great excerpt, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of know that "left out" feeling. Makes it easy to identify with, doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Sandy - know what you mean. I was never athletic and when they were choosing softball teams in grade school I always cringed knowing I'd be the last chosen and not wanted by either team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tina, I didn't realize you love Margaret Atwood's work. Have you ever read her short story book- Good Bones and Simple Murders. It is her work that started me writing!

    I love your work as well. This book looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look those up. Her Handmaid's Tale is frightening indeed. I saw the movie it was based on as well. The concept is a brutal one.

      Delete
    2. The movie wasn't half as good as the book. Get the book. It's stunning. While I was reading it, I could feel my pulse pumping. When I got to the part where the heroine couldn't access her bank account because the government wouldn't allow women to own anything or allow the female children to learn to read, I went freaking ballistic. This could happen so easily in any country, including ours. Just read some of the scary news reports about there being no such thing as rape in marriage and other junk like that. Freedom and equality needs to be fought for everyday.

      Delete
    3. Hey, Melissa - a belated 'thanks' for your kind words about my work. My screen is small and I didn't see the last line of your comment. :)

      Delete
  5. Hey, Melissa - no,I haven't read her short works. I read a couple of her other novels though. Still, The Handmaid's Tale is my fav. Very scary. I can see how it can happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing with speculative fiction. It leads you to see what *could* happen, based on what's happening now. That is the mark of a good writer, I think.

      Delete
  6. Great interview and excerpt, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *waves to Kate* Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Kate! Appreciate you dropping by!

      Delete
  7. Hi Tina, great to see you here! Try Atwood's Oryx and Crake, then the sequel, After the Flood. She's just had a 3rd in the series published, but I haven't gotten to the library for it yet. All 3 deal with the idea of "Frankenfood", which is what the rest of the world calls what we here in the US eat everyday. The genetically-altered, grown from seeds that produce only 1 crop but no seeds, so the farmer HAS to keep buying more seeds each year, crops that kill butterflies and other pollinators. The hormone-laden, disease-filled crap we keep being told is good for us, while the rest of the world draws back in horror and says, "No thanks!" Atwood is a Canadian writer, but her writing is so very prescient.

    I don't watch TV much, but my exceptions are sci-fi shows that my husband and kids find. Dr. Who, Firefly, the new version of Sherlock Holmes, etc. As for network TV? They lost me long ago when they chose the lazy path of reality shows. Husband watches some of the new shows, but when he does I work on my books and my promos. I tell the horrified teenagers I sub for who can't believe I don't watch any programs they do, that I don't think on my deathbed I'll sob that I wish I'd watched more TV. I choose other ways to spend my time. Highly unusual these days, but then I read lots more books than the average adult also, so I've always been "different".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Fiona - I did read Oryx and Crake. Didn't enjoy it as much as The Handmaid's Tale. Also read her book about two sisters in the '20s. Can't recall the name. Also, didn't like that one as much. I'm into dystopian works. The Frankefood ones sound interesting. Will have to try.

      The only TV shows I like are "Suits", "The Walking Dead", "Hell on Wheels" and "Mad Men'". I do have a weakness for the Food Network Shows.God, everything they make looks so good. I can't cook at all. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...