February 25, 2014

Character Interview: Devin Moore from Beautiful Mistake @Nancy_Corrigan #RLFblog #shifter @ellorascave

Beautiful Mistake 
Genre Erotic Paranormal
Author Name Nancy Corrigan
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): R
Beautiful Mistake, Book 2, Royal Pride
Lena will do anything to protect the shifter child her family takes in, even turn herself into bait. Although she knows better than to fall for a shifter, Devin, the man who captures her, is unlike any she's ever tangled with. Their desire is unquenchable and the draw to him is undeniable, but their relationship is riddled with mistakes and loving him has the potential to destroy her.
After shouldering his twin's torture, Devin hovers on the verge of insanity. His life revolves around his family and recovering kidnapped shifter children. He never thought he'd have a mate or kids of his own until a rescue mission turns deadly. The beautiful female caught in the crosshairs stirs his mating instincts and tames his wild nature. Only her confusion over their intense attraction stops him from finishing their bond, but Devin's persistent. He'll convince his stubborn female that he's the man she's been waiting for—one passionate encounter at a time.
A Romantica® Paranormal erotic romance from Ellora's Cave

Buy This Book

Interview with Devin Moore

Tell us about yourself, please.
I'm a three hundred year old feline shifter. I'm considered a Royal, one of the privileged immortal children of the gods. Sure, I'm stronger than the mortal single-shifters. I share my body with three big cats—a lion, tiger and jaguar. It's a given. It doesn't mean I'm better than the singles. They think so, though. Many of them hate us for our immortality. It's why my baby sister was forced into a mating—to try and steal what the gods never intended them to have.
She killed the bastard who'd raped her and I took her punishment. Yeah, it broke my mind. Months of torture will do that, but I saved her from experiencing the same fate.
What is it that you want, but cannot have? Authors call this the conflict of the story.
I want to live a normal life. You know, the mate and kids thing? It'll never happen. I'm broken. Hell, I'm fucked-up, plain and simple. No female deserves to be tied to half a man.
What's your internal limitation? Meaning, what is it about you that makes it so you cannot do what it is you need to do during this story?
I'm stubborn. It's not something I'm proud of but it isn't something I can change. I'm a Royal feline. My wants and desires are tripled as my cats feed me their needs. And well, cats take what they want and will defend what's theirs. We're possessive, focused and intent in everything, including out sex lives. Our mates can attest to our devoted attentions.
What inner doubt causes you the most difficulty?
Because of the torture I've suffered, not only is my mind shattered, but so are the minds of my cats. They were only cubs when I was used and abused. I tried to protect them but couldn't. Now, I've got their splintered minds to deal with on top of my own. And they know of only one way to react to anything that threatens them—if they kill it, they don't get hurt or shamed again.
I find the love of my life, my precious one, in this story. Lena heals me, body and soul. She teaches me I am more than a broken male. But by the gods, I know nothing about women, especially human women, besides how to give them pleasure. My Lena isn't submissive like shifter women tend to be. I'm glad. Whether we're fighting or making love, she keeps my entire focus on her. I need that. I need her close enough to breathe her in. She's my everything but like I said, women baffle me. And my poor Lena has to deal with my fumbling attempts to win her love.
What's your external complication? In the story world your author created, explain what it is you fear most.
Losing my sanity once and for all. Lena is the key to keeping my mind intact. But I've hurt her in more ways than I care to admit but the worst is by endangering her life. If I can't win her love, being with me might destroy her. And me. I can't live without her.
Tell us about your significant other, that person who makes living worthwhile.
Lena Burnett is the most beautiful female I've ever laid eyes on. She's my chocolate-eyed angel who is the only female strong enough to tame me. She keeps me on my toes and has the purest soul I've ever encountered. I love her with everything I am for healing me, loving me and giving me what I never thought I'd have—a future.
What would that person say about you?
That I'm stubborn and persistent. No big surprise there. I'm a feline shifter. She loves me though. It's hard not to feel it when she's a part of my soul.
What is your family like?
I belong to the Alexander Pride. My twin, Mira, and I aren't blood related. They took us in when our father disowned us. They have my loyalty and love.
Are you happy with the way your story ended? Why or why not?
I got my angel for eternity. I couldn't be happier, but I'm worried about my family and the future. We've made enemies among our Shifter Council and the single-shifters. Most of all, I fear for my beautiful sister. I don't think Mira will survive the spin on her fate. It's damn hard to live when your favorite obsession will forever remain out of reach.

About the Writer

Why did you choose to write about this character?
I fell in love with Devin in Unexpected Find, Royal Pride #1. He's tortured and broken but has tried to live honorably for three centuries. He does this by keeping his mind occupied and living for the sole purpose of rescuing abused shifter children. He never wants another kid to have to live the life he's been forced to do.
When you wrote about this character, what made you the most happy? What made you the most sad?
I was so happy to give Devin what he needed—sanity in the form of his mate. But Lena is everything to him. Literally. He can't function without her. It's heartbreaking but so beautiful.
Why do you write?
Because I want to tell the tales I have collected in my head. I've always had an active imagination and writing gives me the avenue to express myself.
What do you want to write next?
The next Royal Pride book is Favorite Obsession, Josh and Mira's story. It will be releasing soon. After that, I'll take a little hiatus from my shifters to unveil a new erotic paranormal series, Wild Hunt, which will be going to Ellora's Cave. Hunter Betrayed, book 1, will be released summer 2014.
What other character from this book do you want to write about? Care to tell us why?
Josh and Mira, Devin's twin, will have the HEA told next. Like Devin, I wrote Josh as a secondary character in Unexpected Find. He's a human trying to live in a world he will never belong to. The rules laid out by their gods make it clear that human men can never be bonded to a shifter mate. Josh, however, knows two things. He won't lose the woman he loves and rules are made to be broken.
Are any sequels planned for this book?
The Royal Pride series will continue. I have plans to give HEAs to Kade, Xander and Vader among others.
Is there anything you'd like to say to your readers?
Thank you to everyone who has read my shifter books. I feel honored that you've stepped into my world.

Author Bio

I've always been an avid reader and encourage everyone to escape the hectic daily grind with a few minutes a day in your favorite book.
I'm lucky enough to share my cat's home with my three wonderful children, husband, dog and snake. When not writing, I work as a chemist in a pharmaceutical lab.
My passions beyond reading and family include music, classic cars, tattoos and animals (all of which have found their way into my writing in one form or another).
So that's a little bit about me...

Author Social Media

Google+ https://www.google.com/+NancyCorrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...