February 11, 2014

Hunter's Passion by Gwen Knight @gwenknightx #paranormal #RLFblog

A Hunter's Passion 
Gwen Knight, welcome to Romance Lives Forever. Let's talk about your book, A Hunter's Passion.
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Harlequin
Cover artist: Harlequin
Length: 55 pages
Ryker Bennett has dedicated his life to hunting down--and eliminating--creatures of the dark. But his latest assignment has him questioning everything he's ever believed in. Jenna Sinclair may be a witch, but she's also the only woman Ryker has ever loved.
Jenna thought leaving Ryker two years ago would save him from having to choose between their forbidden love and his sworn duty. But when he tracks her down, it's clear the desire between them burns as hot as ever--and that they'll have to walk through the flames to be together....
What are your main characters' names, ages, and occupations?

Jenna Sinclair is a 25 year old librarian and witch. Ryker Bennett is 27 and a paranormal hunter.

Buy This Book


Ryker had sworn every oath that he wouldn't get too close to Jenna. Observe only--or so he'd promised his brothers. Discover the truth and, if necessary, take care of their little problem. It was no different than any other job, except that the moment he'd caught sight of her lissome form through the coffee shop window, he'd regretted those vows. It was quite easy to promise something, but far more challenging to follow through.
He'd gone two years without a peep from her. There'd been no well-wishes on his birthdays or customary greeting cards during the holidays. Hell, he hadn't even known where she'd vanished to, having respected her wishes not to be found. Not that it'd been easy. It seemed she'd changed her surname from Sinclair to Davis, though he had yet to learn why.
As for locating her--that'd taken calling in every favor he'd gained throughout his years, as well as promising some new ones.
It seemed the same as every other hunt. No margin for error, no place for compassion or emotion. Once given the name, it was their job to deliver the darkling's death, their black souls condemned to burn in hell for all eternity.
Now...this was anything but simple. This was Jenna Sinclair--his Jenna Sinclair. More times than he could count he'd held her in his arms and listened to the sound of her heartbeat. He'd loved her, and grieved when she'd vanished from their home in the middle of the night with only a note to explain.
He found it so hard to believe that she was the witch the Church claimed. But there was still the tainted parchment crumpled in his pocket, practically burning a hole through the material and demanding that he abide by his duty. For two years he'd dreamed of finding her, but not like this. Not hunting her for being a witch.
A witch.
His skin crawled just thinking about it. How long had she known that she possessed magic? All those stories he'd fed her about the creatures that went bump in the night had seemed to terrify her. A ploy, perhaps--milking him for information? The thought was sobering and the muscles in his jaw tightened. How sad that all the little puzzle pieces were only now starting to fall into place. Someone sent to infiltrate his family, to learn their secrets, to find their weaknesses. But the question remained: to whom was she reporting? Or maybe she'd intended to needle her way into their hearts with the hope that they might spare her.
Duty trumped all for the Bennett family. What was love compared to the safety and well-being of the human race? To their unwavering pledge to protect those that couldn't protect themselves? If she was a darkling, she had to be killed--it was as simple as that.
Her innocent little gasp dragged him from his reverie, slamming his thoughts back into the present. He'd known she was behind him even before her friend's eyes had flicked over to her. Apparently, after all this time, he hadn't lost the ability to sense her presence. His entire body had begun humming the moment she'd stopped behind him.
Staring her down now, he noticed that she'd allowed her hair to grow out. The gentle waves now brushed the sensual curve of her lower back. The familiar purse of her pouty lips was rosebud pink and every bit as tempting as he remembered them. It didn't help that his stomach warmed with the thought of tasting them again, or that he couldn't seem to tear his gaze away.
When her wide, terrified eyes turned to him, his lungs deflated. She'd never worn such a look in his presence before, and while part of him was sickened, another took perverse satisfaction. He shouldn't have sympathy for the one that had reached into his chest and torn his still-beating heart out before stomping it into the ground. So yes, after all she'd put him through, he was taking great personal enjoyment in this. She could bat those big brown eyes at him until the cows came home, but he wouldn't give in. Not until he knew the truth.
"Jenna Sinclair." He growled her name far deeper than he'd intended. Lip curling, he let his gaze trail down her lithe, lean body.
"Ryker," she whispered, and Lord, how his chest burned from the sound of it. So soft, so sweet and heartbroken, as though he'd done something wrong.
"Ryker?" her friend cajoled, reminding him that they weren't alone. "The Ryker?"
Eyes alight with curiosity, Jenna's friend leaned forward until she could run a slender finger along his tight jaw. "Well, honey, it's nice to meet the best lay Jenna's ever had--"
"Kara!" Jenna gasped, eyes wide as her fingers darted up to cover her lips as though it could retract what had been said.
A dent furrowed his brow as his gaze skipped between the two women. The best lay she's ever had--his stomach warmed, until he mentally kicked himself. For two years, she'd fooled him and his entire family, no small feat. Jenna was an accomplished liar, he couldn't forget that. Who knew what games they were playing at here, and he had to retain focus. There was much Jenna could say to cut him; he had to lock those emotions away.
A Hunter's Passion


What inspired you to write this book?
Ryker was the inspiration behind this book. I had this image in my head of a phone ringing and when he leaned over to check, it had a name on the screen. That name was Jenna's, a former lover of his. I knew his duty would be to track her down and eliminate her, and from there it simply spiraled into this rich universe that I can't wait to expand on.
Which character in your current book do you think readers will like the most? Why?
I think the readers will like Ryker the most. He's a man that is about to forswear his duty for a woman that abandoned him. Like all of us, he needs to deal with his emotions and decide for himself what is right and wrong.
Why do you write?
I've always loved telling stories. I love creating lush universes that enrapture the reader. To see them become so connected to something of your creation is amazing.
Who has helped you the most in your career as an author?
My husband has helped me the most. I've known him since I was 13 and he's been with me every step of the way.
When you write, what things do you want close at hand? (Coffee, water, chocolate... pictures of gorgeous hunks for inspiration...?)
Candy, oddly enough. Need a little sugary inspiration.
When you're not writing, what would we find you doing?
Depends on the season. I live in northern Canada, so the weather makes a difference. In the summers we spend our time rafting, camping, and hiking. In the winter, I love to crochet (need scarves and hats to keep warm!). And of course reading is a year round hobby.
Are you a plotter, or do you prefer to make it up on the spur of the moment?
I think I'm a little of both. For me, it usually begins as one scene or one specific image that I can't get out of my head and then I fill in the blanks from there when writing. Recently, I've begun to put together chapter layouts, if only for a little organization.
What's your writing schedule like?
I tend to feel more creative in the morning before work when I'm fresh-faced. My dreams are often inspiration for me, so I like to get it down before I forget. Usually before bed, I'll crank out a few pages as well. I've been known to jot some things down while on break at work too.
What other jobs have you held besides writing?
I've done retail while getting through school. After graduation, I've worked in the field of archaeology, and currently, I am a mapping technician.
What's the best gift you ever received?
Just this Christmas I received a set of focus crystals. I'd been having trouble focusing on my writing and I just thought it was an incredibly insightful gift.
What kind of music do you listen to while driving? Same question when writing?
While driving I need to listen to upbeat music. Anything that I can bebop to while singing at the top of my lungs (my poor husband!). As for writing, I need instrumental music. My playlists for that range from Epic Score to Yiruma.
Do you play any musical instruments?
Growing up I played the saxophone. Whether or not I could do so again, I haven't a clue.
What's your favorite movie?
Gwen Knight
Oh boy. This one is going to be a touch embarrassing. I'm a Disney fanatic. I watch them before bed most nights. And my favorite is Aladdin.
Are you the eldest, middle, baby, or only child?
I'm the baby with an older brother by 2.5 years.

Previous Books

Her Alpha Protector

Author Social Media


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...