March 14, 2014

Blog Titles Matter in Triberr: Tips for Authors by Kayelle Allen #RLFblog #author

For those who don't know, Triberr is the blog amplifier. How does it work? Imagine you have 9 friends who blog. The 10 of you agree to send out a tweet every time one of you posts an article. Each of you has 100 followers on Twitter. If you send out your one tweet, that's only 100 people who see it. If all of you share it, that's 1000 people. That's what Triberr does. You join a tribe of like-minded bloggers, and agree to share posts. You decide whether that's on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or some combination of those. Once you link your blog to Triberr, your posts go up automatically through an RSS feed.
Triberr 

But you need to take care when importing your posts, because your titles become tweets. Here are some tips to remember when creating them.
  • Make use of #hashtags. If you don't want them on your blog, then go to the Triberr stream, pull up your post, and edit it. Send out great titles with words like #Contest and #Giveaway with a hashtag in front of them. People search those hashtags every day. Use it to gain readers -- that's why you're on Triberr.
  • When using hashtags, less is more. No more than three at a time. Otherwise it's hard to read when most of the text is hotlinks in a different color.
  • DON'T USE ALL CAPS IN YOUR TITLE. IT'S STILL SHOUTING EVEN ON TWITTER.
  • Exclamation points !!! are just as vile on Twitter !!! as they are in your manuscript!!!!! See what I mean!!!!???? If you use them all!!! the time they have no value!!!!! Posts with those come across like used car salesmen!!!!!! Please stop doing it!!!!!
  • Think about the fact that your post goes out over other people's streams on Twitter. I don't send out a post that says "Buy my new book" or "Why I quit writing" or "My interview with..." Why? Because it's not my book, I didn't quit writing, and I didn't interview that person. Be objective in titling your posts. You will get more shares.
  • To get people to approve your posts, and then to get readers to your blog, make the titles do the work. "My Post" isn't going to cut it obviously, but neither is a meme. Using "Sexy Saturday" when thousands of others are tweeting the exact same thing is not going to get you any attention either.
  • Craft a great title and you will attract attention. Instead of Sexy Man Monday #27, try something with meaning: Sexy Man Monday: Is Almost Nude Hotter than Nude? / #SexyManMonday: Hottest Cowboy in Dallas / Sexy Man Monday: Not Your Mama's Soldier Boy. You get the idea.
  • Use the Twitter handle of guest bloggers. When the post goes live and everyone on Triberr sends it out, it will get your guest mentions. For an example of doing that, look at the titles on this blog.
Triberr will bring readers to your blog. Do your part to bring them by using good blog titles, adding hashtags when appropriate, and sharing the Twitter handles of your guests. I hope these tips help you gain readers on your blog and involved tribemates on Triberr.

Come check out one of my tribes on Triberr: Books and Book Bloggers

About the Author

Kayelle Allen is a multi-published, award-winning Science Fiction Romance author of unstoppable heroes, uncompromising love, and unforgettable passion.

Author Social Media



10 comments:

  1. Wonderful article, Kayelle. You always have the best tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Triberr! Thanks so much for turning me on to this new way of using Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to share your posts, isn't it? You're so welcome.

      Delete
  3. I said it on Triberr, but I'll say it here as well. GREAT blog post! I've started to become much more selective in what I amplify in my groups because I don't want to risk losing followers with 20 "Spring Blog H0P" tweets. I want my followers engaged and interested in my stream. I hope people read and digest this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a big difference. I wish more people would pay attention to this kind of thing. I hate to delete posts, but sometimes you can't even edit them to sound better. And on that note... why should I have to edit everyone's post anyway? If they want to be shared, they need to be the ones to do that. Thank you Suzanne!

      Delete
  4. Great post. I agree about # Hashtag overload.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michaela. I find them pretty annoying myself. ;o

      Delete
  5. I love Triberr! Thanks for a great article on how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzi. For those who understand how wonderful it can be, Triberr is a great tool.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...