June 13, 2014

Publisher Week Day 6: Anaiah Press Presence Imprint @anaiahpress #RLFblog #inspy @NNP_W_Light

Princess of the Light 
When you hear "Christian press," heart-pounding suspense isn't always what comes to mind. Why is that? The beings aren't made up—they are reality. What is more terrifying than coming face to face with the knowledge that demons do exist, and it is only our faith that gives us power over them? Spiritual embattlement is not a made up element relegated simply to fiction—its emotional warfare ensues every day, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.
Our Presence imprint is our line of adult genre fiction. The focus here is on Speculative Fiction, and the main themes are light on romance and heavily laden with spiritual and emotional warfare. This is where the real battle takes place. When you pick up a book from this imprint, by the time you set it down, we want your heart to beat in a different rhythm.
Think you have what it takes to make someone who isn't afraid of demons squirm? I'm Jessica Schmeidler, Managing Editor, and that's what I'm looking for. If you can take me a on a journey of emotional warfare that makes me more thankful to be on the winning side (God wins—I've read the end of the book), I want to see what you have.
The genres I'd like to see come in are thriller/suspense, science fiction, supernatural, dystopian, ad so forth. This line is for our adult readership.
My most current #MSWL (Manuscript Wish List):
·         A legal suspense laden with spiritual warfare.
·         Anything with a strong connection to Ireland or cable-knit sweaters.
·         A thriller with strong themes of spiritual embattlement—I want to feel like I'm on a roller coaster with untested brakes.
Upcoming Events:
I'm Marissa Fuller, Senior Editor, and here's what I'm looking for. Let me tell you about what must be the first workshop/contest hybrid for a speculative fiction short story anthology of all time! Jessica Schmeidler (http://twitter.com/thewriteshadow) and I will be co-hosting this "12 step program" throughout the month of July. Our goal is to have a contest at the end of the month. Winners will be published in our anthology of speculative short fiction.
Jessica and I will alternate postings between our respective blogs. My six blog installments will be about crafting short stories, with a speculative fiction focus. Jessica's focus will be more on drawing emotional and spiritual warfare into these stories- a necessary ingredient, as the anthology will be published by Anaiah. I will link to Jessica's posts at the end of each of my own.
Hopefully, our waxing on the form will enable participants to craft a brand new piece to submit to our contest at the end of our workshop, or to help them polish an existing piece. We look forward to this fun workshop, and we hope to see you there!
What we're looking for (contest #MSWL):
  • Speculative fiction short stories with a futuristic bent. Themes can be anything from apocalyptic to dystopian to sci-fi—even just an ordinary thriller set in the not-so-near future. All stories must be 5,000-20,000 words in length and contain an implied message of faith or inspiration. Spiritual warfare is a definite plus.

About the Book

Miriam Miller likes the simple things in life: a good book, close friends, and a healthy relationship with God. But, destiny comes calling, and her neat, little life turns upside down. Ethanial, an angel of God, has been sent to reveal Miriam’s true calling -– she is the Princess of the Light, the woman chosen by God Himself to vanquish the demons intent on infusing the world with evil. And her first assignment: restore the soul of a homeless man known only as the Walking Man. Enter Joe Deacons, a man intent on stealing her heart. But as Miriam embarks on her journey to save the Walking Man and fulfill her calling, it becomes clear that Joe isn’t what he appears to be. Miriam must decide: Is she willing to risk her soul to save those she loves?
Author: NN Light

Submission Guides

Find Anaiah Press here


  1. "Let me tell you about what must be the first workshop/contest hybrid for a speculative fiction short story anthology of all time!" - That's great! Can't wait to see how it develops. Looking forward to Princess of the Light release, too!

    1. Courtney! So glad to see you on RLF. :) I loved doing your cover for Tess in Boots.

    2. I am SO excited for Courtney's cover reveal. lol. You did a great job on it, Kayelle!

  2. As a reader of Speculative Fiction, I thought wouldn't it be great to have a book that concentrates on Spiritual Warfare from a Christian point of view. Miriam suddenly popped into my head (without my permission I might add) and PRINCESS OF THE LIGHT was born. I am so excited to be a part of Anaiah Press and the first book in the Presence Imprint!!

    I am also so excited for the upcoming workshop/contest! I can't wait to follow along and be the cheerleader!!! *\o/*

    Thank you so much Kayelle for featuring my book on your blog today! Have a super great day everyone and remember to spread the Light!!! :-) N.N. Light

    1. You always spread the light wherever you go. ^_^

  3. I am so looking forward to this book, and I love this 12 step process too!:-)

    Paula Rose

    1. I think this is a whole new use for the 12 step formula. Very interested in the workshop myself.

    2. I'm glad you guys are liking the 12 step idea. :D

    3. How do you sign up for the workshop?

    4. No sign-up necessary. It's free and open to everyone. We'll post as soon as the workshop goes live. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...