June 14, 2014

Publisher Week Day 7: Anaiah Press Meet Our Authors @anaiahpress #RLFblog #inspy #authors

For our final day, we'd like to introduce you to four Anaiah Press authors, one from each of our imprints, Surge, Romance, Inspiration, and Presence. Thank you for reading about Anaiah Press this week. We hope you'll visit us often! Our official launch date is July 1st. There are links at the end of this post to our site and social media.

Jennifer Novotney (Surge Imprint)

Why did you choose Anaiah Press for your book, Winter in the Soul?
Jennifer Novotney 
I chose Anaiah Press for my book, Winter in the Soul, for a few reasons. One was that I believe the publisher and editors truly understand the vision I have for my book. Another was the staff's experience and expertise. I have complete confidence in the editors and know they value my book just as much as I do. I wanted a team behind me that had a successful track record, especially since Winter in the Soul is my debut novel.
What has been your favorite part of working with Anaiah Press thus far?
My editing relationship with Executive Editor Eden Plantz. She has taught me so much about storytelling and characterization. She's also extremely funny! I love how she can point out areas of improvement in the manuscript without making it a negative experience. She's such a pleasure to work with and such a great teacher.
Courtney Rice Gager

Courtney Rice Gager (Romance Imprint)

Why did you choose Anaiah Press for your book, Tess in Boots?
I met my editor, Kara Leigh Miller, through a Twitter pitch contest in February. She displayed an immediate enthusiasm for my manuscript, and I felt confident in her commitment to making the book a success. I also stand behind the mission of Anaiah Press to publish books with strong inspirational themes and messages of faith.
What has been your favorite part of working with Anaiah Press thus far?
I'm in the trenches of the editing process, and I love seeing Tess in Boots sparkle with every round of edits. Kara's dedication to polishing my manuscript has made all the difference. It's amazing to have an editor who seems to think about my story in her sleep! It's also great getting to know my fellow Anaiah Press authors. We're a close-knit, supportive community. Plus, I recently got to see my book cover, and it's the perfect visual representation of my story. Wait, was I supposed to list just one favorite thing? Oops...

Linda Brendle (Inspirations Imprint)

Why did you choose Anaiah Press for your book, A Long and Winding Road: A
Linda Brendle
Caregiver's Tale of Life, Love, and Chaos?
The first thing that attracted me to Anaiah Press was their prompt response to my query. Instead of keeping me in suspense for months, they responded within two weeks. As a new author, I was relatively uneducated about the publishing process, so when Anaiah expressed an interest in my manuscript, I asked a lot of questions. Eden Plantz, Executive Editor, answered every question patiently and completely, and while her responses were prompt, I never felt that I had to rush my decision. From the beginning, I sensed the integrity and professionalism of the organization, and by the time we reached a final agreement, I felt completely comfortable putting my memoir in the hands of Anaiah Press.
What has been your favorite part of working with Anaiah Press thus far?
It's very hard to choose one aspect of the Anaiah Press experience as my favorite.
The process of editing my work could have been painful and traumatic, but Jessica Schmeidler, Managing Editor, made it both fun and educational. I have been blown away by the publicity campaign mounted by Melinda Dozier, Director of Marketing and Art, and the amazing publicity staff. However, my favorite part of the experience would have to be the friendships that have developed among the staff and authors. I love being part of the Anaiah Press family.

N.N. Light (Presence Imprint)

Why did you choose Anaiah Press for your book, Princess of the Light?
I chose Anaiah Press for my book, Princess of the Light, for several reasons. They were a brand new publisher, had the best in the publishing industry on staff, the art and marketing department and a dedication to publishing inspiring and exciting books. But I think the most important reason I chose Anaiah Press lies in their name. Anaiah is loosely translated God
Answers and I have always trusted in God. His message in my book is Spread the Light and that is exactly what Anaiah Press is doing.
N N Light
What has been your favorite part of working with Anaiah Press thus far?
I have to be honest here and tell you that my favorite part of working with Anaiah Press has been working with Melinda Dozier, my publicist. She has had such an intuitive vision for my book and her book trailer blew me away. It is exactly what I envisioned when I wrote Princess of the Light. She even got the perfect picture for the Walking Man and she has never even seen him. Incredible! I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

Submission Guides

Find Anaiah Press here


  1. We've really enjoyed being here all week, Kayelle! Thank you so much for having us :-)

  2. Thank you so much, Kayelle, for spotlighting this wonderful press all week. Anaiah Press is very special and I cannot wait for the world to see what we have in store.

    And to the lovely authors, I love you all and my heart is filled to the brim with all the positive energy poured out from you all. <3

  3. Readers will discover so many great reads through Anaiah Press! Thank you, Kayelle.

    Paula Rose

  4. Thank you, Kayelle, for featuring Anaiah Press this week and as one of their authors I feel so incredibly blessed! Any aspiring writer should really consider Anaiah Press and submit their completed manuscript today! Together, we will be A Mighty Presence!!! :-) MRS N

    1. I'm so pleased to have been part of this opportunity for Anaiah Press. Thank you for being part of the blog this week!

  5. My pleasure! I've enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to working with you in the future.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...