July 30, 2014

Character Interview: Sebastian Cox from The Big One @LouisaBacio #RLFblog #Contemporary

The Big One 
Character Interview: Sebastian Cox from The Big One @LouisaBacio #RLFblog #Contemporary

About the Book

Title The Big One
Genre Contemporary Erotic Romance
Author Louisa Bacio
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): R
The last thing marketing assistant Kayla Morgan expects to do on a Friday morning is give a tour of her emergency shelter to a flighty rock star. When her boss orders her to play nice, she acquiesces.
Sebastian Cox, lead singer of The U.K. Underground, finds the American bird with the bunker in her backyard more than wacky, but the band's looking for a location to shoot their latest video.
When an earthquake strikes, the unlikely couple gets trapped and finds a few ways to keep themselves busy. Once reality sets in, will their differences leave them on shaky ground?

Buy This Book

Interview with Sebastian Cox

Tell us about yourself, please.
Not sure why Louisa signed me up for this interview. I'm going to point the finger at Kayla, and her marketing agency. I'd rather be writing songs, and singing, than talking about doing it.
What is it that you want, but cannot have? Authors call this the conflict of the story.
And now we're going to get all psychological? Well, if you press me, I'd probably say that as a rock star, I get all this external attention but I'm still looking for internal validation.
What's your internal limitation? Meaning, what is it about you that makes it so you cannot do what it is you need to do during this story?
I bloody hate the idea of being trapped, underground. *shrugs shoulders* I don't see what the problem. It's not like many people actually like the feeling.
What's your external complication? In the story world your author created, explain what it is you fear most.
She went and put Kayla and I in an emergency bunker. Did I mention the huge earthquake? If it could go wrong, it did.
Tell us about your significant other, that person who makes living worthwhile.
I haven't had someone in my life in a long time. It's kinda new, and I like it. Kayla adds a fresh outlook on my life, and I'm trying to get her to light up a bit.
What would that person say about you?
*puts on his best Southern California accent* "He's a pain in the ass." I'm paraphrasing there.
What is your family like?
I grew up in a home with two busy, working parents, and still not enough money. As the oldest, they didn't pay much attention to me, or what I was doing. But my younger sister, Lizzie, ah, she means the world to me.
What special skills do you rely on?
Playing the guitar and singing soothe my soul, and I hope to impart some of that onto listeners of my music.
Are you happy with the way your story ended? Why or why not?
Sure, but you'll have to read it to see what happens.
The Big One Tour

About the Writer

Why did you choose to write about this character?
I've always had a fondness for a cute guy with a great voice. I've dated a few, and there's nothing like having them sing to you while you're cooking in the kitchen. *major sigh* It was good to get under Sebastian's skin.
Why do you write?
It's a passion that fuels my soul, and makes me very happy. It's kind of like asking, "Why do you breathe?"
What do you want to write next?
Hmm, what do I need to write about next or what do I want to? I'm finishing up a submission for Decadent Publishing's Beyond Fairytales line. Then I'd like to do the last book in my Vampire, Witch & Werewolf series. While I'm working on other stories, that heroine is nagging me.
Are any sequels planned for this book?
That's a big maybe. In The Big One, I mention Kayla's sister Mackenzie, who is a total non-Prepper believer. I've toyed with the idea of the opposite type of story. She's stuck in the aftermath of the earthquake and totally not prepared.

Author Bio

A Southern California native, Louisa Bacio can't imagine living far away from the ocean. The multi-published author of erotic romance enjoys writing within all realms – from short stories to full-length novels.
Bacio shares her household with a supportive husband, two daughters growing "too fast," and a multitude pet craziness: Two dogs, five fish tanks, an aviary, hamsters, rabbits and hermit crabs. In her other life, she teaches college classes in English, journalism and popular culture.

Author Social Media


  1. Thanks so much for the great interview! Sebastian says so, too!

    1. You are both very welcome. :) Glad to see you today.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...