September 16, 2014

5 Easy Questions: Vicki Batman author of Temporarily Employed @VickiBatman #RLFblog #contemporary

Temporarily Employed 
5 Easy Questions is an interview is designed to be quick, easy, and fun. Today's guest is Vicki Batman.
What is your go-to meal to order when you dine out? Your favorite "I know it will hit the spot" item.
I love hamburgers and with 3 other friends, we try different burger restaurants.
What were you like when you were in school?
Painfully shy until about age 15. Then I began working and getting praise which naturally boosted my self-esteem and image.
What is your favorite quote?
"Life should Not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming Woo-hoo, what a ride!"
What was the last movie you watched (home or theater)?
Boyhood—follows a boy for twelve years. It is interesting how he changes over time physically. What happens to him and his family.
If the hero of your latest book called you on the phone, what would be a perfect ringtone for him?
Hmm. I have a different answer. My hero, Handsome, has the ringtone "Diamonds Are Forever." LOL

About the Book

Title: Temporarily Employed
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Author Name: Vicki Batman
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): PG
Blurb (up to 300 words):
Hattie Cook's dream job is down the toilet and her new SUV violated. Desperate for cash to cover the basic necessities of rent and food, she takes a temporary job at Buy Rite insurance company where she uncovers an embezzling scam tied to the death of a former employee--the very one she replaced. The last thing she wants is to clash with By-the-Book Detective Wellborn, no matter how much he makes her heart pound.
Allan Charles Wellborn has secretly adored Hattie all his life. He evolved from a pocket protector-wearing geek to a handsome police detective. When the police determine there's more to the death of a former Buy Rite employee, he steps in to lead the investigation. Overly dedicated, always perfect, he puts his job first, even if doing so ultimately hurts the one he loves.
Can the killer be found before Hattie's time is up?

Buy This Book

Author Social Media


  1. Wow Vicki that is one long quote. Good to see ya here though. Good luck with the book.

    1. I know, JoAnne, but it covers all the important stuff. LOLOL

  2. I've read parts of this book and it's fun. I've got my copy and now I need time to read.

    1. yeah!!! Sylvia. And thank you. I hope you like it.

  3. You know I like Temporarily Employed. Wishing you loads of sales.
    I have an Irish Reel as my main ringtone. My Hubby's ringtone is a loud, old fashioned old phone ring. I can't ignore that one, LOL.

    1. Hi, Phyllis! And thank you. *am smiling* really big regarding TE. Those are good tones. Handsome has a horrible foghorn alert for his alarm clock. Ick!!

  4. YAY! Another burger fanatic! I love burgers and I think it's awesome you and your friends go hunting for new burgers to try! :) Love the sound of your latest book. I can totally relate to Hattie as I used to do the whole temporary job thing. ;) Can't wait to read it! MRS N

  5. Hi Mrs. N! I love hamburgers. Love, love, love. I just tried one called Larkburger (no, no meadow larks were harmed in the making of the food. lol) The meat is very fresh and a small fat patty over the skinny frozen ones we are used to seeing. My group gets a good laugh and lots of great food through our burger adventure. I'm so glad you can relate to Hattie. Let me know what you think. Hugs!

  6. Love the quote! Such a good one to remember the big picture! Great interview! -Lani

    1. Thank you, Lani. Chocolate and champagne are my favorite things. lol

  7. Replies
    1. Hi, Angela! and thank you. Nice and easy and a good tease from Temporarily Employed, too. Hugs.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...