October 21, 2014

Character Interview: Dyami Shafer from Eagle Dance @MaryQuast #RLFblog #PNR

Eagle Dance 
Title: Eagle Dance
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Native American Shifter Romance
Author: Mary Quast
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): R
Dyami Schafer, a Native American from the Chippewa tribe, leads a lonely life due to his large size and unusual appearance. When his nesting instinct sets in, he turns to Madame Eve and 1Night Stand to help him find his spirit mate. Or at least a woman who accepts him as an eagle shifter.
Amanda Collins never stopped loving the Chippewa boy she knew from her childhood. Maybe a night with a Native American man will help her forget the past and let her move on with her life.
Sometimes, it's necessary to take a step into the past before dancing into the future. With the help of Madame Eve, will the Spirit of the Eagle carry Dyami and Amanda?

Buy This Book

Interview with Dyami Shafer

Tell us about yourself, please.
My name is Dyami Shafer. You say it like Dee-aww-mee. I am Chippewa and the name means Eagle. After serving in the U.S. Marine Corps, I became a conservation officer in Michigan. Don't let my considerable physic fool you; I can be rather graceful on the dance floor. I openly admit I have a soft spot for critters and have adopted several rescue animals.
What is it that you want, but cannot have? Authors call this the conflict of the story.
I want it all! But as a Native American Shifter, I have to take in consideration what my Spirit Animal advises me to do. In a perfect world, I would fall in love with my true mate and she would accept me as I am… feathers and all. LOL However, reality can be cruel so chances in life of finding my mate who will love me are slim.
What inner doubt causes you the most difficulty?
I've always been afraid of being rejected. I tower over most people and my yellow eyes have a tendency to turn off the ladies. I didn't date much after being snubbed and rebuffed so often. I'm at a point in my life where I'd like to settle down, raise a family and have a gal who's willing to go dancing on weekends.
Tell us about your significant other, that person who makes living worthwhile.
She's tall with long legs that can wrap around me… oh, sorry…. I got carried away. But she is tall. LOL Amanda is the calm to my storm. With a simple word or touch, she can settle my spirit animal. She's the light in my dark. When I'm with her, I feel like I'm home. Best of all, she loves pizza, wine and dancing.
What would that person say about you?
Other than how I eat too much pizza, she'd say I'm so gullible sometimes. She likes to be silly and tease me, but sometimes I take her too seriously. Oh…how she makes me laugh!
What is your family like?
Several men in my family are eagle shifters. Each one of us had to serve in the military at one point of our lives so that makes us a bit of a macho bunch so the women make sure they balance us. I thank my mom every day for making me learn to dance. However, I'm not happy about my grandfather and uncle removing some childhood memories from me, but I understand and respect the reason they did it.
Are you happy with the way your story ended? Why or why not?
I am very happy with the way my story ended. Even though I don't live in a perfect world, I found my spirit mate and we fell in love. She's everything I've ever wanted and more. It didn't take long for lost memories of Amanda to return. I can't believe we are finally together! The best moments are when I partially shift to extend my wings, gather her in my arms and take her flying. Wait… add when we slow dance. Basically, whenever I have my arms around her, I'm in Heaven.

About the Writer

Why did you choose to write about this character?
I spent summers at our family cottage. A local Chippewa rented the place next to ours. "Indian Dave" would share stories and dances with us. His tales inspired my Native American shifters. Dyami could have been one the eagles that fished at the mouth of the river coming into the lake.
Was there anything you discovered about this character that was a surprise to you? Dyami developed a sense of humor. Amanda's teasing really lightened his mood. His spirit animal recognized it right away.
Why do you write?
I have so many stories to tell.
What do you want to write next?
I'm actually working on the third book in the Legend of the Spirit series. A Native American hawk shifter is in the Marines and his spirit animal claims his beautiful superior officer as his mate, but he won't break his code of honor.
Are any sequels planned for this book?
Eagle Dance is book 2 in the Legend of the Spirit series. Each book features a Native American shifter. After I complete the Hawk shifter story, I have the outlines for Falcon, Wolf and Dragon tales.
Is there anything you'd like to say to your readers?
Thank you for reading my stories. I'd love to hear from you!

Author Bio

Romance author and Artist Mary Quast lives in a log home affectionately named "Camp Run-A-Muk" located in the woods of Michigan with her husband, three sons, and a collection of animal family members.
As a professional artist, Mary Quast answered the call to express herself creatively. With her descriptive writing style she has developed a knack for creating passionate characters and realistic settings. These features are prominent in her published novels of the "Soul Series".
When this Michigan author is not busy writing contemporary erotic romance for Decadent Publishing, Mary doles out sensual tips and yummy eye candy on her blog "Romantic Interludes" where her Thursday Thirteen lists have earned the nickname of "Dr. Ruth of the Blog World". She also can be found lecturing college classes on the importance of Journal writing.

Author Social Media

Blog: Romantic Interludes: http://maryquast.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mary, a wonderful and fun filled interview. who wouldnt want an American Indian as a mate. good luck with it all.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...