October 31, 2014

MFRW Founding Day 2014 @MFRW_ORG #RLFblog #MFRWauthor

#MFRWorg 
Marketing for Romance Writers is a peer-oriented mentoring group open to the entire literary community. Ask your marketing-related questions, or request help, advice, or opinions. You can learn how to create a professional image and use it effectively, as well as ask for opportunities to join other authors in promotional efforts. You can learn the business aspects of writing. News about pitch sessions and calls for submission are posted on the Yahoo group. As a member, you can attend exclusive, member-only pitch events with publishers. Members can attend free, online workshops and seminars.
Newsletter 
Marketing for Romance Writers promotes for its members on most social media. Get your book cover pinned on one of the MFRW Pinterest boards, and show off your cover models. The hashtags #MFRWorg #MFRWauthor and #MFRWhop promote for you. You can get interviewed on BlogTalkRadio. Link your blog to a community hop via a unique software "ribbon" with exciting themes, and draw readers to your site. Feature your book in our award-winning newsletter.
If you have questions about marketing your books, join us. The MFRW motto is "seek, teach, share, learn, succeed." Services and membership are free.
MFRW was founded October 31, 2006 by Kayelle Allen, who heads the group to this day, guiding its direction and overseeing the numerous volunteer staff members that help it run.

MFRW Staff Volunteers

Barbara Donlon Bradley
Catrina Burton
Emerald
Jeanne Barrack
Mari A Christie
Mona Karel
Nicole Morgan
Paloma Beck
Rebekah R Ganiere
Rochelle Weber
Tina Gayle
Former staff
Jeannie Lin
Karen Coté
Kasey Lane
Kristyn Phipps
Lisa Edwards
RJ Garside
Sarah Cass

Member Benefits

Marketing for Romance Writers online

Where to sign up for promo:
Follow us. We follow back!
Twitter http://twitter.com/MFRW_ORG #MFRWauthor #MFRWorg #MFRWhooks #MFRWhop (FYI #MFRW = Maryland Federal Republican Women) so be sure to add org, author, hooks, hop, etc. to help us find your tweets
We're also found here:
Pin your books on our boards
(even if you're not on Pinterest)
BlogTalkRadio http://is.gd/mfrw_btr
Our members blog and promote here:
MFRW Marketing Blog http://mfrw.blogspot.com
...soon to be adding a learning blog in Wordpress
MFRW Bloghop Start Page http://is.gd/mfrwave
MFRW Bloghoppers (Author workgroup) http://facebook.com/groups/mfrwbloghoppers/

Founding members

Amanda Young, Barbara Karmazin, Dee S Knight, Janet Elizabeth Jones, Kayelle Allen, Laura Baumbach, Lisa Andel, Rae Monet, Sheila Eskew, Shelley Munro, Sienna Black, Tina Holland

About the Author

Kayelle Allen is the founder of Marketing for Romance Writers. She is a multi-published, award-winning author, owner of The Author's Secret, an author support company, and the blog Romance Lives Forever. Her unstoppable heroes and heroines include contemporary characters, futuristic immortals, covert agents, and warriors who purr.
Unstoppable heroes, Uncompromising love, Unforgettable passion
http://kayelleallen.com/ Mobile http://kayelleallen.mobi

62 comments:

  1. Congratulations on eight years! Though I'm mostly a lurker, I know I've learned a lot from the group. I'm sure many others have as well. Thank you to all the staff for their hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The staff is amazing. MFRW is what it is today because of them.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary!
    May the group live forever!
    I found LOOOOOOTS of useful and interesting posts and made cyber friends with fellow authors here.
    Kudos to all staff members for their awesome activity!
    Carmen
    http://shadowspastmystery.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learned so much in the short year and a half I've been a member and have reaped the benefits of the MFRW promo opportunities. Thank you Kayelle Allen and all your dedicated volunteers who keep the group fresh and friendly and efficient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful to hear. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. This is an awesome post. I love this group. So many helpful authors/staff! Thanks Kayelle and everybody else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This group is a wonderful network, isn't it? Thanks, Penny.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on eight years. Thanks for the wisdom, guidance and support you and the staff provide the MFRW members. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole. The staff members do a wonderful job.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! I joined recently as my debut novel comes out in November, and already I've learned so much! Keep up the good work!

    Greetings from Greece!
    Maria (MM Jaye)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the book! You're proof that what MFRW teaches crosses all borders.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations and Happy 8th anniversary! I truly appreciate all I've learned from this group of helpful and supportive members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerrie. I've learned from your expertise too.

      Delete
  8. All the best from Scotland on this 8th anniversary day! I really enjoy being part of the MFRW forum as it's so helpful and a great place to share information. Long may it continue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad I found this group. I've only been a member a short time but I have learned so much!
    I am releasing my first Indie romance this week and I couldn't have done it without groups like this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear. Thank you Patricia. Good luck with the book!

      Delete
  10. Happy eight, Kayelle and company! This group has been a wonderful resource for me. Thank you for all the support and advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been fun working together. :)

      Delete
  11. Happy eighth birthday, Kayelle and team! Thanks so much for the support you offer. Writing is a lonely business at times. I'm so glad I found this group. Thank you again for all you do - it's much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Thank you Kayelle and all the wonderful volunteers for making MFRW available. I've learned so much here, as have so many other authors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy eighth anniversary MFRW!!!!! Thank you and the founding members for thinking of this wonderful group. It's the best group I've joined since becoming a writer ten years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of our most vocal members pops in. ^_^ Glad to see you Calisa. You add a great deal to MFRW.

      Delete
  14. Happy 8th Anniversary Kayelle! I have only been a member of MFRW for a short time but I have learned so much about promotion and marketing! You and your staff are so amazing and I hope to be more active in the new year! Hugs to you and your incredible team of volunteers! You all rock!!!! :D MRS N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back at you. I've learned from you too. :)

      Delete
  15. I am very grateful that Kayelle and the other started this group. We've all benefited so much. So my heartfelt thanks.
    Best wishes and here's to another eight wonderful years!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chiming in to say thanks so much for eight years of awesome. Not always as vocal as I'd like to be, but always appreciative of the great work this group does! Thanks and many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances. We've had some fun times!

      Delete
  17. I have to agree with everyone else. This is a great group so happy to be a part of it.
    Here's to many more years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, you rock Twitter for us with your #MFRWauthor tweet day. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  18. Happy 8th! Although I don't often post to the email discussion group, I always make time to keep abreast of what's going on. Many thanks to you and all the volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I read every message. Great to know others feel the same way. :)

      Delete
  19. Congrats on 8 years - this is am awesome group!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kayelle, I'm not even sure how I found MFRW a couple years ago, but I'm so glad I did! It's been wonderful getting to know you -- I've also enjoyed all the benefits you and your amazing folks provide. Happy Anniversary! (Tom sends his love and kisses too. LOL)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. :) Take care of Tom, now. LOL

      Delete
  21. I'm so glad I found this group! Thanks, Kayelle and those volunteers who make this group wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your longevity and many more. You and the group have helped numerous writers, including myself, realize our dream of becoming an author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a wonderful thing? I'm so glad you popped in.

      Delete
  23. Congratulations! And thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jana. Great to see you.

      Delete
  25. I mostly lurk, but I tweet and share when I can because the staff at MFRW are the most dedicated and friendly bunch of writers! Here's to many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Anniversary. : ) I love this group and have learned so much from everyone. Thanks for being there for a newbie like me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Anniversay this is the best group for everything. Kayelle works hard to make sure it's out there for us. Thanks to all the people and especially to Kayelle for founding it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG!! This is so fabulous and congratulations to everyone past and present who have helped make this organization work. I've made lots of friends and treasure each of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That includes you. Thank you, Vicki. ^_^

      Delete
  29. Congratulations on 8 years, Kayelle. MFRW totally totally rocks! I have learned so much from this organization.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lyndi. Days like this are good. It's fun to see the support of this group in action. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...