December 10, 2014

LS Books 4: Spotlight on Submissions @LSB_lsbooks #RLFblog #Authors

Liquid Silver Books
Liquid Silver Books 
Erotic romance has always been around and could have been popular sooner if Lady Chatterley had been given a pair of handcuffs.

We are looking for a few good men, okay more than a few, and they don't have to be 'good' they have to be hot, sexy, and looking for love. You know the type – the romance hero we know, love, want to cuddle up with . . . or jump in bed with. Take a look at our submissions guidelines and grab your pen and paper, typewriter, or keyboard and start writing, because Liquid Silver Books is looking for romance authors!
Allison B. Hanson, author of Blackout (also writing as Anson Barber)
Allison B Hanson
I first got the email from Liquid Silver in June 2013. I was on vacation with my husband, and we had just gotten back to the hotel after celebrating our anniversary dinner.
I left my phone behind like a good wife who wanted to give her undivided attention to the man she'd spent seventeen years with. But as soon as we walked in the door, I just had to peek.
There it was. My very first contract offer.
After a lot of screaming and jumping around by both of us, we went back out to continue the celebration.
Being away from my laptop, I decided to wait until I got home the next evening to respond. I felt I needed a full-size keyboard to express my gratitude properly.
Unfortunately, by the time we got home we needed to turn around and go to the emergency room to deal with a kidney stone attack. My acceptance of the contract was put off until the next day when I could function somewhat, despite my Vicodin-induced haze.
I am happy to report whatever I might have typed made enough sense to have a contract sent out. And what an easy and straightforward contract it was. For a first-time author, I was happy to be able to understand what it was I was agreeing to without feeling overwhelmed or intimidated.
Despite the rocky start to my career, everything else has been painless. My fifth book with Liquid Silver came out on November 17th, and number six will be available in January.
I love the speed in which my books are released, and the ability to predict when edits will begin is very helpful in planning other submissions. This quick turnaround is a rare find in the publishing industry.
My covers are professional as well as pulse quickening. Valerie has a never-ending supply of hot guys just waiting to hover beautifully above my name.
Everyone I've ever had a question for within LSB has always taken the time to get back to me quickly and efficiently. And while there are plenty of jokes and smileys among us, I know my work is being handled with competence and experience.
I am so happy to be part of the Liquid Silver family. The place where I first became a published author will always be home.

Liquid Silver Books - What We Do For You!

  • Submission review and feedback
  • Content and final line edits
  • Sales optimized cover
  • Kindle, Nook, iPad, etc. formats
  • Release day publicity
  • Retail marketing
  • Worldwide distribution
  • eBook store
  • Frequent sales reporting
  • Always available staff
  • PCI compliant
  • Secure servers
Rosanna Leo, author of the Gemini Island Shifters and more!
Rosanna Leo
I remember the moment so well, the moment I became a published author.
After receiving rejections, as so many authors initially do, I'd finally given myself a deadline. By Jan. 2012, I would get a contract or I would quit writing with the aim to publish. December 2011 came. It almost went. And then, right at the end of the month, I received an email from Liquid Silver Books. I was afraid to read it so I had my husband read it with me. He slowly turned to me and said, "I don't think this is a rejection."
I can't tell you how my life has changed since that moment. The staff at Liquid Silver Books was willing to take me on as a newbie writer and help me. The acquisitions and editorial staff worked so hard with me on my first book For the Love of a God, and have demonstrated the same care with all my subsequent books. So much of what I know about writing comes from their helpful hints and feedback.
Every step of the publishing process has been positive for me with LSB. When it comes to those sexy covers, the graphic arts staff have always listened to me and tried their hardest to bring my characters to life. When I've had questions about editing, they get answered quickly and with honesty. Administrative questions have been dealt with in similar fashion.
Nowadays, so many authors are flirting with the idea of self-publishing, but I know this route is not for me. Liquid Silver Books handles all the details I have no wish to handle. They take care of me and I like that feeling. So much so, I've sent them twelve books now and have other manuscripts planned for the future.
As any writer will tell you, our books feel like our babies. I'm content in the knowledge my babies are taken care of by people who love them as much as I do.

Liquid Silver Books – We Brand What We Sell

  • Goodreads
  • FaceBook
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Yahoo Group
  • LinkedIn
  • My Space
  • Google+
TD Hassett
T.D. Hassett, author of the Love and Music series.
I was reminded of my first publishing experience while struggling to outline a fourth novel just a few days ago. I stared at the flickering cursor of my laptop. It taunted me to write something, anything. The sound of sleet slapping against darkened windows was distracting my attention. Writing can often be a lonely and challenging activity. It takes a lot of determination to write a book, shop it and wait for feedback. The staff of Liquid Silver Books made the whole process a dream.
It was a chilly October evening just two years ago when my journey into publishing really began. I had submitted my first book to several publishers just a few weeks prior and was not so patiently waiting for word back. The time had come; an e-mail from Liquid Silver sat unread in my queue. My fingers trembled a bit on the keys, anxiety rippled through my body. Was I ready for an answer? With a steadying gulp (of wine), I opened up the message and skimmed the text before eagerly reading that long hoped for line: "Liquid Silver Books would be pleased to offer you a contract on your manuscript for Isabel's Awakening."
I shouted the information to my husband. He was rather shocked since I hadn't told him I'd written a book – much more fun to surprise the family. The message contained some suggested changes I would need to agree to and a copy of the publisher's basic contract. A hundred questions popped into my head and I dashed off a long string of e-mails. The acquisitions editor promptly replied to all of my newbie concerns and an author friendly contract was sent electronically soon after.
Things happened quickly. Within a week an editor was in contact with me and the art department was sending requests for my input on the cover. The manuscript went through three passes (an incredibly helpful process that taught me a lot about writing) and then a different editor completed the fine line edits with me. The deadlines for edits were very reasonable and all of the editors I worked with treated me gently. Suggestions for changes in phrasing were clearly explained. I was really impressed with how detailed the editing process was. My cover proof arrived well in advance of the publication date allowing me to do cover reveal promotion work. I was fortunate to repeat the same smooth process with Liquid Silver for my next two books the only difference being this time my husband knew I was writing and even asked to read the sexy excerpts!
I photocopied my very first royalty check and framed it to always remind me that I was a professional writer and should keep on telling stories. Even though checks arrive each quarter I will always find that first payment special. Liquid Silver Books has been a delight to work with.

Liquid Silver Books

  • Imprint of Atlantic Bridge, registered in Indiana, USA 1999.
  • We are a full edit, royalty paying, independent ePublisher.
  • With over 50 retail outlets, we off worldwide distribution including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple, Kobo, Google Play and more!
Tami Lund, author of the Lightbearer series and more.
I discovered Liquid Silver Books (LSB) through a Twitter pitch contest. Five different
Tami Lund
publishers expressed interest in Into the Light, the paranormal romance I pitched that day. I spent a few days researching each one, and ultimately decided to send it to LSB. There were several reasons I chose them over the others. I liked the covers of their currently published books, and they had a lot of other authors who wrote paranormal, so I figured I'd be in good company. They'd been around for quite a while, fifteen years, I think, which was a huge positive, given the number of small presses that rise and fall these days. I also researched them on the Absolute Write Water Cooler, and they were one of a very few publishers with no negative feedback.
What I got out of the deal was so much more than I expected. I got a quick turnaround, for one thing. Within weeks, Terri emailed and asked to contract Into the Light. Ninety days later, it was published. That quick!
Once I signed the contract, I was instantly welcomed into one of the most supportive group of authors I've ever experienced. Since that day, I've contracted three books with LSB. Two were published this past summer and the third releases in just a few days! Not only that, but I've also recently joined the family as an editor. So yeah… Given this company is one of my first experiences working with a publisher, I suspect I'm ruined for any future publishers. So I guess I should just stick around… ;)

Liquid Silver Books

  • RWA Qualifying Markets!
  • We turn good stories into good books.
Elle Rush
Elle Rush, author of the Hollywood to Olympus series and more.
I can't speak well enough of LSB both as a writer and as reader. They have a top-notch team all around. From the time I submitted my first story to them (and I just sent them my fifth), communication has been prompt and constant. I've worked with a couple of different editors and they are fantastic for both content and line editing.
The marketing team comes up with several opportunities for all LSB's authors and are a lot of help with individual efforts as well.
Behind the scenes, I've never had a problem with royalties and statements and when I have had questions, I've received answers right away.
As a reader, I love that whether I'm in the mood for something hot and dirty, sweet and funny, paranormal or geekily human, I can find whatever I'm looking for.

Lynn Tyler
Lynn Tyler, author of the Pack Mate series and more.
I knew very early in my writing career that I wanted to publish with Liquid Silver Books. I had purchased and read many of their books and knew that working with them would be a dream come true.
When Liquid Silver offered me a contract for the first time, I was beyond excited. I'm pretty sure my husband had to peel me off the ceiling. Working with the staff has been wonderful and has exceeded my expectations.
What really impressed me, however, is Liquid Silver's willingness to go outside the publishing box. Just recently, I approached Liquid Silver with two short stories that related to my ongoing series, Pack Mates. They had never published anything of the sort, but quickly agreed to work with me. It is this flexibility and willingness to take a chance on something untried that will bring me back to Liquid Silver Books time and time again.

Liquid Silver Books – Why ePublishing?

  • Never goes 'out of print'
  • Immediate global availability
  • 40% royalty rate
Haley Whitehall
Haley Whitehall, author of the Moonlight Romance series and more.
I started my publishing experience as a historical fiction author and was equally nervous and excited to venture into historical romance. I wanted to share my love of history. After the encouragement of my friends, I wrote my first romance and submitted it. Liquid Silver Books accepted my first historical romance Midnight Caller last year. The interracial romance is the start of the Moonlight Romance series set in the South right after the Civil War.
Liquid Silver Books did not shy away from the racial issues present in my stories or my flawed heroes and heroines. I was most worried about the editing process, but I didn't need to be. The editing experience was a lot less painful than I expected. The editors at LSB understand the importance of keeping an author's voice as well as historical style. With each editing pass I saw my story becoming clearer and better-rounded. I am very thankful to the wonderful editors at LSB for making my books shine.
I was also pleasantly surprised when I saw the cover. I think historical covers are perhaps the hardest to get right. After publishing four historical romances with them I am excited about every one of my covers. They know how to represent the book well while keeping the historical feel. Working with every member of the LSB team from the editors to cover designers to marketing is not only painless but exciting. Liquid Silver Books understands authors and the publishing business and I really feel privileged to have the opportunity to work with such amazing people and be a part of the supportive LSB family.

Liquid Silver Books – The right choice!

  • 10-day submission response
  • Simple, 2-year contract
  • Only worldwide e-rights taken
  • Friendly
  • Responsive
  • Mentoring
Annette Mardis, author of the Gulf Shore series.
Annette Mardis
Sending out query letters is one of the necessary evils of trying to attract a publisher, and it can be an excruciating process. After the e-mail goes out, there's often an interminable wait for a response. With some publishers, that can take as long as six months. And if the answer is no, some houses simply hit delete, sending the author's carefully crafted, much-sweated-over query hurtling into that big recycle bin in cyberspace.
If the author is lucky enough to get a contract offer, it might take eight months or more to finally get the book published in digital form.
But Liquid Silver Books works incredibly fast and makes the process as stress-free as possible. I received an answer to my query in about two weeks, and my book was edited and published within a few months.
One huge time saver is that LSB asks writers to send their entire manuscript with the initial query. Other publishers might request a certain number of pages or chapters, or no writing sample at all. And then weeks or even months later, if their interest is piqued, they might request a partial or full manuscript. LSB's submissions team eliminates that middle step and is able to evaluate the entire work from the get-go rather than, say, just the first ten pages or three chapters.
LSB also makes it easier on writers by accepting simultaneous submissions.
Once I'd been offered a contract, Acquisitions Editor Terri Schaefer patiently answered all my questions and gave me as much time as I needed to make my decision. After I signed the document, which I found to be straightforward and fair, I was assigned an editor.
I have years of editing experience myself, and I admit I was nervous to be on the receiving end of the theoretical red pen. I wasn't sure what to expect. How much of my story would I be asked to change? Would it still be my book when my editor was done with it?
As it turned out, I needn't have worried. My editor, Ansley Blackstock, made suggestions that I felt improved the story, and she left it to me to do the revisions. She invited me to ask questions, make comments and even disagree if I needed to. The Shore Thing was my first full-length novel, so Ansley helped me smooth out a few rough spots involving point-of-view shifts and "showing" vs. "telling" in the narrative. (And by the way, LSB liked my title, eliminating yet another worry I'd had.) After Ansley and I were finished, the manuscript went to a proofreader and then back to me for a final review before being formatted.
I also was fairly nervous about the type of cover an artist would design for my book. I received a form to fill out in which I described my main characters' physical characteristics and clothing preferences, and then the designer, Valerie Tibbs, took it from there. She very quickly worked up an attractive, eye-catching cover that I'm very proud to have grace the front of my book.
The submissions process was even easier once I became a "house author," and I received a response from Terri even more quickly for my second book, Shore Feels Right, than I had for my debut novel. The editing went quicker, too, because I now knew what LSB was looking for in terms of punctuation, capitalization and other style rules. Once again I was paired with Ansley, although I could have requested a different editor, and with Valerie. As pleased as I was with the cover of my first book, I was even more delighted by my second cover.
I've heard authors under contract with other publishers complain about a lack of response when they have questions or ask for help. Terri and LSB's sales and marketing manager, Michelle Hoppe, bend over backward to be prompt and helpful.
Liquid Silver Books
The camaraderie of my fellow LSB authors is one of the best things about working with my publisher. We share promotional ideas and other information and support each other with reciprocal blog and social media posts, cross-promotions, and idea exchanges. There's an authors' e-mail loop that allows us to communicate with each other and with the house. And there are resource materials available, too.
I've been very satisfied with my association with Liquid Silver Books and plan to submit more manuscripts there in the future.

Ready to Submit?

Email your manuscript to
You will receive an immediate receipt confirmation.

Liquid Silver Books Social Media

Liquid Silver Books


  1. Thanks again for hosting us, Kayelle. I'm so pleased to be here to share my experiences with the great folks at LSB!

  2. I've been a fan since I read the first Gemini Island Shifters book. How I first discovered Liquid Silver. Big fan. I look forward to submitting next year.

    1. Thank you so much for reading my books, LOVExtra RomanceNews! I'm glad you enjoyed them and I'm so excited to hear you'll be submitting as well. :)

  3. Good morning everyone! Day 4 of Liquid Silver on Romance Lives Forever. This has been a fun week and I'm looking forward to more. Hope to see more excerpts today. Those are great!

    1. Ask and ye shall receive, Kayelle. And thanks SO MUCH for allowing us to be here.

  4. I second what everyone here has said about working with Liquid Silver! They bought my first book, Traces, off a 140-character Tweet! I don’t have that exact tweet, but here’s a bit about the story (my debut novel!) and a short excerpt. Enjoy!

    Short blurb:
    Architect Meredith Reed aims to demolish her family plantation to bury her grief. But her conniving sister, a hunky lawyer, and a spectral Lady all have other ideas. Can she carry out her plan before they teach her the lessons of family and love she so desperately needs?

    Meredith Reed glared at the plantation home she’d inherited from a grandmother she only vaguely recalled and plotted its demise. A pair of ancient live oaks, the inspiration for the Twin Oaks name, guarded either side of the sprawling two-story brick dwelling, providing shade and funneling cool air through the house. Sunlight filtered through the Spanish moss draped on the massive limbs. Meredith raised one hand to shield the glare as she scanned the façade. The architect in her appreciated the symmetry of the Greek Revival style as well as the quality workmanship of the brickwork, but neither aspect added value for the salvage companies.
    First, she’d dismantle it one piece at a time, removing anything of value and selling it off quickly to whomever had the money to buy it. She studied the once-elegant antebellum house, its wide front steps missing a brick here and there, its six elaborate Corinthian columns and intricately carved woodwork surrounding the double doors. The property description listed ten bedrooms, four bathrooms dating from the early twentieth century, a gourmet kitchen, two parlors, an upstairs ballroom, and several outbuildings. Despite the building’s grand scale, the house was too small to warrant using dynamite to implode. Damn. But she could visualize a nice, hot fire licking up the exterior. Yes, a fire would serve the purpose of bringing it down.

    The estate lawyer, Max Chandler, who had driven her out to the four-hundred-acre property, had barely spoken during the entire trip except to relay pertinent details of the surprise inheritance, including the fact she had also inherited her grandmother’s sizable and diversified investment account. She’d have preferred to drive her own car, especially since he drove one of those redneck pickup trucks. Sitting in any vehicle, let alone with an attractive man, set her teeth on edge. Worrying about what might happen tensed every muscle in her body. He also didn’t need to know how edgy being with him made her, as if her skin burned the closer he drew. But he’d insisted until she ungraciously relented. She picked her fights, and that one wasn’t worth the effort. The rolling Tennessee countryside had flowed past the window, immense fields dotted with horses and cows. Green shoots poked through the tilled earth in rows, reaching for the early spring sunshine. She’d noticed her surroundings automatically, but none of the hauntingly familiar sights held her interest. Once she no longer sat in the unfamiliar truck, her tense muscles eased, and she drew a deep breath as she studied the building.

    Barnes and Noble:

    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you did! It's sequel is Remnants, btw. ;-)

  5. I'd love to share another excerpt today from Predator's Kiss, my current FREEBIE at ITunes!

    She was already reviving a few minutes later. Ryland let out a sigh of relief.
    Thank God. When he’d first seen the petite woman hurtling through the trees, he’d worried someone was after her. But no one else had barreled behind her. And yet she’d seemed so scared.
    They hadn’t helped, presenting her with a couple of snarling bears.
    She moaned a little, and the soft sound warmed him, making him hard again. Damn. He glanced around the room, remembered he didn’t exactly tend to stash clothes in guest cabins, and raced for the bathroom. He grabbed a couple of clean towels off the rack and tossed one to Soren. “Cover yourself.”
    Soren grinned like a devil and motioned to his nude bottom half. “I can conduct my flirting business much more efficiently this way.”
    Ryland glared as he wrapped his lower half in the towel. “Cover yourself or I’ll strangle you with it, lover boy.”
    His brother placed the woman’s backpack on the floor and threw the towel about his waist. “Such animosity is really not in keeping with your sainthood, Brother Ryland.”
    Ryland ignored him and turned back to the woman. He didn’t know why it mattered so much she recover and feel comfortable in his presence, but it did. Of course, as owner of the lodge, it made sense he didn’t want to see anyone scared or hurt.
    Yeah. That’s it. That’s all.
    His rationalization did nothing to quell the nervous tremors in his gut, though. Or his excruciating hard-on.

  6. LSB is definitely author-friendly. Everyone, from the editors to the marketing pros, responds quickly, and the contract is extremely fair. The edits I was given for my werewolf romance, Wild Side, made the book so much better without taking away my unique voice.

    Here's a short excerpt from Wild Side:

    Maybe the Society members were rubbing off on me, because I decided to go for it. I removed my swimsuit and hurried into the water for a skinny-dip. I paddled out a hundred feet and looked up at the overcast sky. The only sound came from the crickets, and they were hardly a whisper on the wind.
    Ten minutes later, I was about to climb out when a figure emerged from the trees. Dominick stepped up to the shoreline and dangled my swimsuit and towel from his fingertips.
    “You have two choices,” he said. “You can either listen to what I have to say, or you can walk up here and take your clothes back. Either choice is fine with me.”
    I gave him a dirty look but remained where I was.
    “Despite what you think, I’m not delusional,” he told me. “I really am a werewolf. I have been since birth. My father was born a werewolf too. He turned my mother just as I’ve turned you. Within the next few hours, you’re going to shift. You’ll run with the pack and hunt with us. You’ll be one of us.”
    “You’re insane.”
    “No,” he insisted. “I’m not.”
    I psyched myself up and forced my body out of the water. With my back straight and my chin high, I walked directly toward him. He gave me a once-over as I closed the distance, but the cold kept me from blushing. I snatched the towel from his hand.
    “You’ll believe soon enough,” he said. “I’m telling you the truth.”
    I wrapped the towel around me and walked away.
    When I’d gone about twenty feet, I glanced back and nearly tripped over my own feet. Dominick was stripping naked behind me. The muscles in his back and shoulders bunched and shifted as he pulled off his jeans, and then I got an unobstructed view of his backside. Looking at him nude and bathed in moonlight, I understood the temptation to take a bite.
    I watched until he dove into the water. Then I continued trudging uphill as soon as he surfaced.
    “Made you look,” he hollered after me.
    I growled.

  7. Ladies, it was so much fun reading your "I'm published!" stories. Many thanks for sharing. Brings back my own excitement at receiving my email from Liquid Silver. There's simply nothing like it, is there? I hope to experience it again and again!

    For now, another excerpt from Aaron's Will, Legacies Book 1:


    No answer. Not a sound. The only thing it told him for certain was the Tibbes were not home. The point did nothing to quell his rising anxiety.

    His body was tensed for action. The tiniest sounds echoed in his ears as he strained to hear Morgan’s cry. He grimly continued his search through the first floor, finding nothing. He had decided to continue upstairs when he glimpsed a splash of color outside the French doors connecting the solarium to the backyard. When he got closer he realized it was an article of clothing.

    He went out onto the patio and bent to pick up the bathing suit top. He straightened and scanned the pool area. On the far side he saw what he assumed was the bottom piece. And beyond, a swatch of auburn was visible over the rise of the pool decking. He strolled toward it feeling slightly lightheaded at having found Morgan safe and sound.

    The material he held slipped from between his suddenly bloodless fingers when he saw she was lying in the sand wearing nothing, but a secret grin. Her arms framed her face in graceful, shameless arcs. The heavy waves of her hair were fanned out around her head, like she had run her arms underneath before resting them in their current position. Her skin was glowing. Her stomach, enticingly dimpled by her belly button, gently sloped toward another more tightly curled thatch of auburn. As secluded as she was, Dylan noted with a smile she had bent one knee and draped it over her other leg, partially obscuring the interesting triangle.

    He was unable to think, to breathe, to look away.

    Her sleeping form stoked his desire to a raging hunger which soon bordered on pain. Sinking to his knees at her feet, he continued to greedily drink her in, his eyes roaming unimpeded over her creamy skin. He took in the alluring rise and fall of her breasts as she breathed. Their dusky pink nipples made his fingertips itch to touch.

    He dragged his gaze upward, taking in the beautiful lines of her face. In slumber, her long eyelashes, high cheekbones and full lips made her appear young and innocent, and achingly vulnerable. She was all of those things, of course, especially since she was unaware of his presence. Dylan knew he should go. Slip away without her ever knowing he had stolen time with her. Precisely as he made the decision, Morgan opened her eyes.

    “I’m sorry,” he blurted.

    He expected her to scramble away, possibly hurl a few well-chosen expletives at him. Instead, a mysteriously wicked smile curved her lips. With a devilish twinkle in her eyes, Morgan came up on her knees before him. She cupped his head with both hands and pulled him toward her.

    “You don’t want me,” he managed in desperation, the warmth of her mouth a fraction of an inch from his.

    Morgan looked deeply into his eyes.

    “You’re the only man I’ve ever wanted,” she insisted before closing the space between them.

    Just a little spice to start the day,
    DawnMarie Richards ... cultivating a sexy mind.

  8. Wow! All your stories take me back. It seems like eons ago that I got my first "yes" email from LSB, for a rather unlikely story to boot. Then I looked at the calendar and realized I haven't even had my second book birthday yet...(writing seems to have given me a whole new concept of time).

    In keeping with the theme of first contracts, here's an excerpt from Tower in the Woods, my debut novella. My writing has improved since then, but the post apocalyptic zombie world of this Undead Fairy Tale will always hold a special place in my heart:

    Kissing a man, at least this one, was absolutely like nothing Nel had ever
    experienced before. She eyes lost focus, her lips tingled, and her entire body felt as if it were about to explode. She realized as she met Dane’s heated gaze that she had never wanted anything more than to kiss him again.

    So she did. After all, Nel had not ended up at the top tier of her age group by failing to take initiative, or by not being able to recognize when she had the upper hand. And she did have the upper hand at this very moment. She could tell by the way Dane was breathing heavily, by the way his hand clenched and unclenched around her waist, by the rapidly pounding heart beneath her right palm. None of these signs indicated that he was anywhere close to being in control, and Nel rather preferred him in this state, especially after she had just recently discovered he physically overpowered her in every way. Apparently, kissing was a very good way of empowering herself.

    His lips weren’t as soft as she remembered Michelle’s to be, but they felt nice in an entirely different kind of way. She bit down lightly on Dane’s lower lip and sucked the yielding flesh into her mouth. She heard him groan as his hand grabbed her nape once more, his tongue darting out to tangle with hers, plunging into her mouth as his palm cradled her head. Nel closed her eyes against the onslaught of sensation as she allowed him to take over the kiss, knowing he had the expertise she lacked. She felt as if she were burning, as if her heart were going to beat straight out of her chest as he captured her lips again and again, relentlessly exciting her with teeth and tongue until her mouth felt tender and her breath came in sharp, hungry gasps.

    “You’re driving me insane,” Dane muttered as he finally ended the kiss, resting his forehead against hers with his eyes closed and the muscles of his neck tensed with strain.

    “Please tell me there’s more,” Nel said in a whisper as she struggled to breathe, not quite able to assimilate everything that was happening to her. She finally understood what she and Michelle had been searching for on that sunny day eleven years ago. It was this rush of sensation, the inexplicable need to touch and be touched, the bewitching dichotomy of surrendering and triumphing, of driving and being driven to the point of near madness. She hadn’t experienced this with her best friend, but she was acutely aware of finding that chemistry with Dane.

    The loose, comfortable fabric of Nel’s sweatshirt suddenly felt restraining, and the baggy camouflage pants were almost abrasive against the sensitized bare skin of her legs. Dane’s large, rough hands cupped her face, and where he touched she felt as if she were on fire. This was what she wanted. This was what she had waited for her entire adult life. If she never had another new experience for as long as she lived, what was happening between her and Dane would be enough to satisfy her for a lifetime.

    Then Nel heard a sound that was somewhere between a laugh and a cry escape Dane’s throat. “There’s more. Lots more. But we’re not going to do any of it,” he muttered, sounding as if he were trying to convince himself.

    ~ from Tower in the Woods by Tara Quan

  9. It's great to see that so many other authors have had the same great experiences with LSB that I've had.

    Here's an excerpt from my latest book with them - Drama Queen:

    “Great. Let’s pick a new topic of conversation. How’d the interview go?”
    Apparently that was another touchy subject. At least, that’s the impression she got when he started shoveling chips into his mouth and calling for another bowl of pico de gallo.
    “Or how about those Oakland Raiders?” Layla tried again.
    “It’s March. The season ended two months ago.”
    That was better. At least he was talking now. “Like I’d know. Football – that’s the one with the brown ball that bounces funny when you dribble it, right?”
    Russ choked. “Are you trying to commit suicide? This place is a pigskin stronghold.” He pointed to three flat-screen televisions that were bolted to various walls. “Come Saturday and Sunday in the fall, this place is all football all the time.”
    Safe ground. “Who are the teams of choice?”
    The answer led to further football questions which gave her more information on the sport than she’d ever suffered through in her life.

    Elle Rush
    Live. Love. Laugh. Read romance.

  10. Hi again. Here's an excerpt from my first Liquid Silver novel, The Shore Thing, Book 1 in the Gulf Shore series:

    After Flipper waved at the mystery woman, Evan asked, “You know her?”
    “Of course you do. Dumb question. What’s her name?”
    “Danielle Davidson, goes by Dani. She’s a new hire, an education specialist.”
    “She’s the girl I told you about, the one who saw Barney get in my face.”
    “I can see why she made such an impression on you. Go introduce yourself, buy her a drink.”
    “No way. Those women she’s with get together every month so they can bitch about men and work and whatever else they’re pissed off about. Monica joined them once and told me all about it. Some of the stuff they say would scorch your eardrums.”
    “Anything about me?” Flipper asked.
    “Yeah, they all want to do you on the fish prep table, okay?”
    “Even Monica?”
    “What are you, a masochist?”
    Flipper smiled. “I’m just yanking your chain. She’s a goddess, and any man would have a hard time saying no to her, pun intended, but what she did to you still pisses me off. Even if you’d ended it as friends, she’s your ex, which violates the bro code. Dani, on the other hand, seems like a genuinely nice girl. And she was giving you the eye a minute ago.”
    “Yeah?” Evan glanced over again. But after a few moments he scowled and shook his head. “Nope, I’m staying away from aquarium women. It’s too much trouble when it crashes and burns. Monica and I are barely civil to each other, and that’s on a good day. I don’t need the aggravation.”
    “Who says it’ll crash and burn?”
    “Once bitten, twice shy and all that.”
    “Look, I’m not suggesting you invite her to move in with you. It won’t hurt to say hi.”
    Evan shook his head again.
    “Well, if you won’t, I will.” As Flipper stood up, Evan grabbed his arm and yanked him back onto the barstool.
    The trainer gave a smug smile and turned to the bartender. “Pete, bring my buddy here a glass of ice, please. He needs to pour it in his lap because he’s too big of a wuss to say hello to a girl he’s been picturing naked since he walked in and saw her sitting over there.”
    “Oh, yeah?” Pete asked, looking around Flipper to the table he indicated. “The ‘snipe and gripe’ club? Which one?”
    “New girl, long reddish-brown hair, sitting next to Gina.”
    Pete whistled in appreciation. “Nice. Flipper, go on over there and see if she needs a hand with anything.”
    Evan gave them a look that could scare snakes, and Pete and Flipper just laughed.

    And here's a link to the book trailer:

  11. Since we're discussing first books, I'm going to post an excerpt from my first book with Liquid Silver (which is under my other name Anson Barber.

    Thank you so much for having us Kayelle!

    I only got three steps from the door when I remembered the damn picture in my pocket. I pulled it out and opened the door quickly and walked back in.
    Mr. Weller was still at his desk, his face in shock as a doughnut hovered in the air midway between the table and his desk.
    I gaped at the doughnut and then at him as the pastry fell to the floor. His face was tense. He was waiting for me to say something or scream or pass out. I did none of those things.
    For a fraction of a second, I worried that I had done this, but after a quick examination I realized I hadn’t. Marcus had done it with his own power. I could feel a slight buzz coming from him as I walked back toward his desk.
    When I reached the doughnut, I picked it up and tossed it into the trash can, and then I took the last few steps to stand in front of his desk again.
    Tons of questions were spinning through my head, but I kept my face calm. I looked up and met his horror-filled eyes. I smiled compassionately and held out the photo. “I forgot to give you the photo of last year’s car,” I said quietly and turned to leave.
    I had never met anyone with the same ability as me. Of course, it wasn’t like I had been searching. I knew how alone I felt not having anyone to share what happened to me. Maybe this just started happening to him. Maybe he was scared like I had been when I was sixteen.
    I stopped before going out the door again. I turned and smiled at him.
    “It’s probably for the best that it fell on the floor. They’re not good for you anyway,” I said with a grin. Then I used my power and moved an apple over to his desk and placed it in front of him. I had never shared this with anyone.

  12. I, too, have had nothing but a positive experience working with Liquid Silver Books. Like several others, I sent my very first MS to Liquid Silver through a pitmad contest on Twitter in March 2014. I was in the midst of the dreaded querying, querying, and more querying, then, the waiting, waiting, and more waiting, when I entered the contest. Terri at LSB favorited my tweet, I sent in my MS per the contest rules, and in no time, I received an offer. I screamed - literally screamed - from my desk and woke my husband to tell him the news. I walked on air for days.

    From there, my interactions with Terri were like a breath of fresh air. She was always quick to respond, kind, professional, and patient with me as I took my time to choose my path and ask my million and one questions. She told me what I needed to do with my MS to make this happen, and I did not once take offense to her requirements... she's just that open and professional.

    I had a lot of interest in my MS - more than 15 full requests followed by more waiting - in one case, it was going to be another 12 weeks of waiting. I said, no way. In the end, I did my research and discovered that LSBooks has an impeccable reputation for working with their authors... not one negative comment from any author who has ever worked with LSBooks - that is HUGE! Combine that with the quick turnaround, 14 years of experience, and the very accessible and friendly staff, and I have not once regretted my decision to choose LSB. Everyone I have worked with - from my editor to the art and marketing departments - have been respectful, kind, knowledgeable, professional... and above all, patient with me - a newbie trying hard to understand the process... In all, everything I imagine you could want and expect out of your pub house - and then some.

    Then, there are my fellow house authors. Every last one has been supportive and enthusiastic. It is well known in the industry that the romance genre is the example to follow when it comes to authors supporting authors, and that has never been more true than with the authors at LSB. We have a very active forum where we discuss ideas and help each other out - whether its with craft, technical issues, or marketing opportunities. That was a benefit I hadn't even expected when I signed on - what a bonus!

    I look forward to a long career with LS Books and my coauthors here. And all I can add is thank you, thank you, thank you - to my fellow authors and to the staff at Liquid Silver - for being supportive and helping make this girl's dreams come true!

    Amy Quinton
    What the Duke Wants * January 2015

  13. I second, third, fourth and fifth what everyone says about Liquid Silver! I absolutely love being one of their authors. Here's a little peak at my romantic comedy, Plotting Mr. Perfect. Enjoy and, if you're thinking about submitting to LSB, do it! They are top notch.

    Mel poured her another one, spilling about a quarter of it down Sherry’s arm. “Drink up, sister. We’re ’bout to be CIA agents.”

    They were about as inconspicuous as cat burglars in the daylight as they crept up to Will’s window. Katie, three sheets to the wind and having the time of her life, wanted to see what was going on with him. Instead of knocking on his door, all the women agreed this was the best way to get a glimpse of him without him knowing. “Lift me up,” Katie slurred and lifted one leg in the air.

    “I don’t know,” Piper said. “That seems dangerous. And for the last twenty minutes Mel has refused to put that bottle down. You could end up in the hospital.” But she grinned and cupped her hand in the universal gesture for giving a boost. Katie stepped one foot into her waiting hands, and held on to the side of Will’s window ledge trying to peer in.

    “Mel,” she whispered. “I need more leverage.”

    Mel toddled over to her, the wine now held at a forty-five degree angle and pouring out onto the yard every time she managed a step. “Coming,” she said in that long, drawn-out way that tells you the night’s fun is just beginning. She cupped her hands, allowed Katie to step into them and boosted her up so high that Katie lost her balance and fell right into Will’s living room.

  14. I loved reading all of your stories! I feel exactly the same way -- I am so happy to be with Liquid Silver! Nothing but great things to say about the company and the authors. You guys are great! I would absolutely encourage anyone thinking of submitting a MS to go for it -- you won't regret it!

    I was on top of a mountain when I got my offer. A mountain! How crazy is that? I was on vacation with my husband, best friend, and my in-laws. It was amazing to be able to share the good news with them in person in such a beautiful place. A day to remember, for sure!

    Thank you all for everything you do, and for the wonderful welcome. So glad to be part of the team!

  15. I love LSB and will submit more stories to them as soon as I can. I'm sort of taking a break from writing to recharge my batteries.

    Here is an excerpt from my historical romance MIDNIGHT HEAT (Moonlight Romance, Book 2)

    George stood at the railing looking up at the stars, his mouth moving. Was he making a wish? She stood still, not wanting to interrupt him. She feasted upon his tall, muscular frame. His gray trousers fit him snuggly, showing off his tight ass.

    George turned around and smiled. “I was wondering if you weren’t coming back down.”

    “I had more ironing than I thought. I should have told you.” Why did she say that? He wasn’t her keeper.

    “Just as long as you came back, it doesn’t bother me.”

    His eyes quickly swept her frame. He had seen the pine green dress Mrs. Brown had given her many times, but he acted like this was the first.

    “You are beautiful, Allison.”

    She laughed. She looked like a freak with only half her eyebrows. “Thank you.”

    He took her hand and raised it to his lips, kissing her skin chastely. His soft lips stirred her and made her ache for more.

    “I saved a good spot for us,” he said, motioning for her to follow him.

    A spot for us? He freely threw around the supposition they were together—which they weren’t. Still, she didn’t protest. She wasn’t sure she wanted to be closer to him, but she knew she didn’t want to push him away. They picked their way around the maze of barrels and crates, and poor and colored passengers to an area surrounded by cotton bales.

    “Some privacy,” he said, a glint in his eye.

    Why did they need privacy just to sleep? She gulped air. Or did he have something else in mind?

  16. I got offered a contract for my first book, Updrift, in April, and my book came out - professionally edited, beautiful cover design, rock-star author colleagues and staff at the ready to support me - on November 2. LSB really is as wonderful as everyone describes... and that contract offer is not at all unlike a proposal from your dream lover. ;-) A big "mwah" to the whole LSB family!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...