February 6, 2015

Do You Believe in Magic? @tinadonahue #RLFblog #PNR

Freeing the Beast
by Tina Donahue 
Okay, I admit it, when the series was on I was a total Charmed-a-holic. Couldn't get enough of the sister witches. Not only was I addicted to their clothes (OMG, I wanted to buy everything Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan wore), Julian McMahon was beyond drool-worthy. What a bad boy (and a demon to boot!). Please, please, come knocking on my door, Cole.
In addition to all the eye candy on that series and the absolutely awesome Victorian the ladies shared, I also liked the often lighthearted approach to magic when things didn't go right.
As the years passed, the more I thought about Charmed, the more I considered how much fun it would be to write a romance about supernatural beings who have problems mere mortals couldn't imagine. For example, a witch who's not good at magic, potions or spells. A minor god who can't get the babes because he's a descendant of Cupid, which means he's all about wooing. Gals these days like dudes with 'tudes.
As I thought about that scenario, the seeds were planted for my Taming the Beast series. Freeing the Beast, Book One, is up for pre-order on February 8 – ready to read March 10 (details at this link: http://bit.ly/1C3HCas). Freeing the Beast is fun, flirty, filled with magic, supernatural creatures at their worst, and yes, it has sex. Lots of it between Becca and Eric, the star-crossed lovers who just can't seem to get love right, not even with magic.
However, they do their best. Their romance is playful, steamy, and so much fun. I've always loved writing romantic comedies with an erotic twist – this baby definitely fits the bill.

About the Book

Title Freeing the Beast, Taming the Beast, Book 1
Author: Tina Donahue
Genre: Paranormal, erotic romance
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): R

Magic is Becca Salt's business, but it ain't happening in her bedroom. The half-witch proprietress of From Crud to Stud performs miracle makeovers for paranormal creatures. Once she's done with them, they're out the door hunting for hot babes, not hanging around for a too-curvy, plain Jane like her.
Her newest client is hot, hung, mouthwatering perfection. What could she possibly improve upon?
Eric Diletto. Descendant of Cupid, bred for courtship, courtesy, and all that other gentlemanly junk. What has it gotten him? Dumped time and again for bad boys. He needs Becca's help for an entirely different reason—regression therapy to release his inner beast. Grrrr.
Two potions later, they're crawling all over each other. Becca aches for a man who loves her as she is, not because he's under the influence. But Eric isn't as impaired as she thinks. And he intends to take Becca here, there, and everywhere—anything to convince her his desire isn't just the potions talking.
Product Warnings A witchdoctor's nightmare. Contains potions with weird side effects, a sorceress with limited magical skills and a yearning heart, plus a minor god who wants to get down and dirty. Bad, bad boy!

Books by Tina Donahue

1. Adored – RWA award-winning; EPIC 2011 Finalist; 4 Stars RT
2. Deep, Dark, Delicious – EPIC 2011 Finalist; Holt Medallion Award of Merit
3. Lush Velvet Nights – EPIC 2011 Finalist; Golden Nib Award
4. In His Arms – SIX 5 Star Reviews; 4 Stars RT
5. Sensual Stranger – 2010 Book of the Year (erotic); 4 Stars RT
6. The Yearning – Top Ten Bestseller
7. Take Me Away – #1 Pick, Miz Love Loves Books
8. Unending Desire – Best Book Rating LASR
9. SiNN – Nominated for Book of the Week LASR
10. Sinfully Wicked – Magnificent – Romancing the Book
11. Claiming Magique – Top Pick – NOR
12. Illicit Desire – Four Stars Romantic Times
13. Come Fill Me – Five Stars – Guilty Pleasures
14. Losing Control - Four and a Half Stars - Sensual Reads
15. Shameless Desire - Four and a Half Stars - The Jeep Diva
16. Illicit Intent – Four and a Half Stars – Sensual Reads
17. Deep Within Me – Four Stars – Romantic Times
18. Seven Sensuous Days – Four Stars – Long & Short Reviews
19. Stolen Desire – Five Hearts – Novel Broads

About the Author

I'm an award-winning, bestselling novelist in erotic, paranormal, contemporary and historical
Tina Donahue
romance for Samhain Publishing, Ellora's Cave, Siren Publishing, Booktrope, and Kensington. Yay! Booklist, Publisher's Weekly, Romantic Times and numerous online sites have praised my work, and trust me, I'm forever grateful for that. I've had my books reach finals in the EPIC competition, one title was named Book of the Year at a review site, and others have won awards in RWA-sponsored contests. I'm actually featured in the 2012 Novel & Short Story Writer's Market. Talk about feeling like a freaking star. Before my writing career, I was the editor of an award–winning Midwestern newspaper and worked in Story Direction for a Hollywood production company. Outside of being an admitted and unrepentant chocoholic, I've flown a single-engine plane (scary stuff), rewired an old house using an electricity for dummies book, and have been known to moan like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally whenever I'm eating anything Mexican or Italian. Yeah, I like to eat (burp).
You can check me out at the places below – yes, I am everywhere!

Author Social Media

Facebook Fanpage: http://on.fb.me/1ChWdD7
Amazon author page: http://amzn.to/1ChWFkO
My page at TRR: http://bit.ly/1vb7eEc
EC Author Page: http://bit.ly/1Dh9wor
Samhain Author Page: http://bit.ly/1Bvw6mL
Sweet 'n Sexy Divas: http://bit.ly/1ChWN3K
Romance Books 4 US: http://bit.ly/1JPtfeS
Book Escape (FB): http://on.fb.me/1HmfHtA


  1. Welcome back, Tina! Always happy to have you here. :)

  2. That excerpt clinched it for me. Looks like a fun read. I hope I remember it when it finally comes out! :)

    1. Thanks, Stacy! Freeing the Beast goes on pre-order Monday - Feb 8 - I'll be all over FB and other sites to remind everyone. :)

  3. Thanks, Kayelle, for hosting me today! :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...