April 11, 2015

False Start a new #contemporary @Mariannericeaut #RLFblog #Romance



Marianne Rice writes contemporary romances set in small New England towns. Her heroes are big and strong, yet value family and humor, while her heroines her smart, sexy, sometimes a little bit sassy, and are often battling a strong internal conflict. Together, they deal with real life issues and always find everlasting love. When she's not writing, Marianne spends her time buying shoes, eating chocolate, chauffeuring her herd of children to their varying sporting events, and when there's time, relaxing with fancy drinks and a great read. She tries to make time for her husband too, but he often places behind her love affair with books

Interview with Marianne Rice

Why did you write this book?
I’ve always loved football. I grew up in Los Angeles, but my grandmother was from Denver and had a major crush on John Elway. When I was young I kept a spiral bound notebook (before the time of computers) with the players’ names, positions and stats. At the time I was too young to appreciate the, uh, uniforms, but learned the rules of the game. Fast forward a few decades...I’m now settled in Maine, so my eyes are glued to Brady and Gronk’s...I mean, I follow the Pats. My husband played football in college and I enjoyed watching his backside as well (still has a great tush!). So of course my first book had to feature a football player. I’d love to hear from all of you. What’s your favorite sport to read/fantasize about?
What is your favorite genre to read?
I love contemporary romance. I read historical, suspense and women’s fiction, but there’s something about reading a romance story that really could happen...a girl can dream, right?
Who is your favorite character from fiction (not including your own)?
What an impossible question to answer. I love alpha men (I mentioned my football player husband, yes?), but love the soft, sensitive side of a man as well. A shirtless man with incredible pecs holding a baby? Wowzahs!
What are you working on at the moment, and will see from you in coming months?
False Hope (book 2) comes out April 20th and False Impressions (book 3) comes out June 29th. But as far as writing goes, I just typed The End to Flight Risk, the first book in my Rocky Harbor series. I’m so excited to write start on the next in the series.
Please tell us about your latest book.
After a drunken, abusive experience with a jock in high school, Meg Fulton ended up a single mother with a tough hide. Now, a brand-new high school principal, she uses her sharp tongue to keep men at a safe distance, until Connor McKay walks into the picture. She can't stand him. He's a sports-loving alpha male--no thanks! But her path continues to cross Connor's, and as attraction heats to a boiling point, Meg learns there's more to him than biceps and a tight rear end.
Ex-NFL player turned high school football coach, Connor McKay is well loved by all--except the intelligent, sexy, new principal who wants to change his athletic program. When they're set up on a blind date, he's finally able to crack Meg's wall.
Things are heating up between them when someone from her past threatens to tear them apart. It will take a leap of faith for Meg to shed the scars of her past and let love into her life.

About the Book

Title False Start
Genre Contemporary Romance
Author Marianne Rice
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): PG-13

Buy This Book

Author Social Media

Amazon Author Page amazon.com/author/mariannerice

50 comments:

  1. Marianne, it's good to have you on RLF. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for having me, Kayelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what sports heroes you all like to read about!

      Delete
  3. *waves madly at Kayelle* I'm not really a sports fan, but I do enjoy a good romance regardless of the hero! I hope your book flies off the virtual book shelf, Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, stranger! *waves back* ^_^

      Delete
    2. I hope things are going well for you! I told Marianne her book landed with a great publisher ... lots of wonderful supportive authors with LSB!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Nina. I loved working with them when I was there. And they have rocked the Romance Lives Forever blog when they guest here during their publisher week. They won top blogger of the year in 2014 on this site. :)

      Delete
  4. Jennifer Rice4/11/2015 10:49 AM

    I love reading about your life through hour eyes....you are so hilarious and talented! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in, Jennifer. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Nina and Jen. I have fun writing about all my heroes, athletes or quirky and reserved (book 2). As long as they're smokin' hot, I'm good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your book and being from New England, I especially love that it takes place there. With my busy family life, I find myself with limited time for me time. Your books are the perfect combination of content and length for a perfect mental getaway. I cant wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! That's a lovely compliment. We definitely have had plenty of cold days and nights this year in Maine...perfect for curling up with a good book.

      Delete
    2. What a nice thing to say. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  7. I also hope that alllllllll your books fly off the virtual shelf Marianne! After reading "False Start" I did notice some things here and there that are part of your life too. Congratulations as your dream is now a reality! Look forward to the rest.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting to know an author helps you know their characters, doesn't it? :)

      Delete
  8. Jenna Bausher4/11/2015 1:18 PM

    Loved the book and I'm looking forward to many more! It takes me back to the time when I first met my husband (he was baseball though)and it's nice to remember all those hot and steamy feelings. After being together for so long you forget about the first times. Your book portrays the the exciting firsts along with the all too real complications that come with it. I can't wait to relive more first times hot and steamys with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping those first times fresh is so important. Books like this remind us of that, I think.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the book, Marianne. While I enjoy watching football because of the great "uniforms," I prefer reading/writing baseball heroes. So many opportunities for double entendres like "getting to first base," or "home run."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! Of course football has its own double meanings. "Huddle" and "first down" come right to mind. LOL

      Delete
  10. Susan, yes, the uniforms definitely help to hold our attention! Jenna, a baseball romance....there's definitely one in my writing future as well. Maybe I'll pick your brain for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interview! I am so excited to read this book! Football is fine, but I prefer rugby players... ;) Go Wales! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest has increased my interest in rugby, Jessica. I can definitely see a rugby player in my future...I mean in one of my future books :-)

      Delete
  12. I'm a football fan and enjoy watching Brady and Gronk ;). I enjoy reading books with hero's that are football players, cowboys and there's something about a hockey player too. But you can't go wrong with a soft, sensitive man as. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, cowboys are delicious too, Emily! And you can't go wrong with Brady or Gronk. I know there are others out there as well, but being a New England girl for the past 20 years, well, the Pats have not let me down :-) I'll be keeping my eye on them.

      Delete
  13. Great interview! Can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Edie. I hope you like it :-)

      Delete
  14. Jenna Bausher4/11/2015 7:48 PM

    Huge Pats fan and shirtless man fan..Tom Selleck was always super sexy to me...even in high school. I know, I know, posters of Tom next to River Phoenix doesn't quite gel but hey....
    So I get where the inspirations for the man comes in but my question is where you find the inspiration for your female role? I would imagine casting the female would be more challenging as this is who your readers identify the most with....thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! To be honest, I have about 15 pictures of male inspiration for each book and maybe 1 or 2 female inspiration pictures. For some reason I don't find the female pictures as...captivating??? For False Start, I envisioned Sandra Bullock. I love how she portrays so many layers in each of her films, similar to Meg Fulton, the heroine in this book.

      Delete
  15. Congrats on the new series, Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jennifer Rice4/11/2015 8:15 PM

    To piggyback on Jenna's inspiration question,..do you meet up with handsome hunks to pick their brains for books? If so, I would like to volunteer some of my spare time doing research for you ��

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jennifer, Ha ha ha ha. Oh, I wish. Maybe in my make believe world, but no, unfortunately I have yet to run into any of my male inspirations on the street. They're few and far between in Maine. My husband would like to take credit for each hero, though. Hmmm, maybe bits and pieces of him here and there. I'm still working on him.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jennifer Rice4/11/2015 10:56 PM

    I'm sure you have plenty of material, but if you ever need fresh inspiration, I'm ready! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great interview and beautiful cover. Good luck with your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd probably enjoy any type of sportsman/woman in s good romance. I'm looking forward to reading your book, Marianne! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now why didn't I think of that? I'm so focused on the hero (who can blame me?) that I haven't given one thought to my hero being the athlete. Good idea! Writer wheels are turning! Thanks, Lina.

      Delete
  21. Great interview Marianne! Can't wait to read book 2. For me, it's the hockey players. Those guys are hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, I definitely have a hockey player story line for my sports series. I totally agree...super hot!

      Delete
  22. Great post, Marianne. While I'm not a football fan I don't mind reading about them as heroes, however, the hockey players have my heart! :) Can't wait for book two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hockey players are definitely alpha. And I love to write alpha males. Consider it done!

      Delete
  23. I first started watching football after moving to Racine, Wisconsin, when Vince Lombardy coached the Packers. When we moved to Minnesota, I never really transferred loyalty to the Vikings. Then, first my son, then my daughter played hockey, so I watched lots of hockey in unheated ice rinks. Now, the all-grown-up baby girl is a basketball fan and has hooked me on watching North Carolina State--and various other NC teams. They surely do love their basketball down there. So, I guess I'm a fickle sports fan, depending on who I'm watching it with. Good luck on the book. It's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you have gotten around the field with sports! ^_^ Funny how our kids suck us in to these things.

      Delete
    2. You're like a sports chameleon...adapting to not only your location, but the athletic field/court as well. I'll have to pick your brain when I'm writing my basketball story.

      Delete
    3. Wow, great interview! Congratulations on the release of False Start and soon-to-be released False Hope! I had forgotten what it is like to read a really well written romance novel! Sports fan or not (which I am!), it's a book that you don't want to put down! I can't wait to read False Hope and the others in your series!! Way to go!

      Delete
  24. Absolutely LOVED False Start, can't wait for book 2 and 3 and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved the first book, can't wait for False Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved False Start, can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...