June 18, 2015

Myth and Magic a new #mystery by @maeclair1 #RLFblog

This quick interview includes info about the author, and introduces the story.

About the Author

Mae Clair opened a Pandora’s Box of characters when she was a child and never looked back.  Her father, an artist who tinkered with writing, encouraged her to create make-believe worlds by spinning tales of far-off places on summer nights beneath the stars.
Mae loves creating character-driven fiction in settings that vary from contemporary to mythical. Wherever her pen takes her, she flavors her stories with mystery and romance. Married to her high school sweetheart, she lives in Pennsylvania and is passionate about cryptozoology, old photographs, a good Maine lobster tail and cats.

Interview with Mae Clair

Why did you write this book?
I love mysteries and “what ifs.” When I was a kid, there was a house in our neighborhood that everyone said was haunted. There were always whispers of strange things going on there, and we (the kids) invented stories to feed those rumors. With Myth and Magic I wanted to capture the same feeling I had as a kid when I wondered if there really were ghosts in the house.
I also wanted to write a book that included a lavish Halloween party. J
Even though the novel is releasing now, during the summer, the story is set in the month of October and features a strong Halloween theme. I always wanted to write a tale centered on that holiday and spin a romantic tale from it.
What is your favorite genre to read?
I love thrillers that employ mystery and suspense. I also enjoy gothic romances with mystery. Usually any type of mystery will suck me into the story, and if the book happens to include a dashing or enigmatic hero, so much the better! J
Who is your favorite character from fiction (not including your own)?
That’s a toss-up between Aloysius Pendergast, a highly enigmatic Special Agent with the FBI who appears in a series of novels created by the author team of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, and Gerald Tarrant, a courtly yet lethal undead sorcerer from the Coldfire Trilogy by C. S. Friedman. I love both characters so much I’ve read different books from each series multiple times.
What are you working on at the moment, and will see from you in coming months?
My next release, FOOD FOR POE, should be out this November. It’s a Christmas novella/paranormal romance.
After that I’ll be releasing A THOUSAND YESTERYEARS, book 1 in a three book series with a light romantic plot in each. The novels are set in 1982 and reference events involving UFOs, Men-in-Black and a creature called the Mothman. Each book has a standalone plot, the first book being a murder mystery. 

Please tell us about your latest book.
Veronica Kent fell in love with Caith Breckwood when they were children. As a teenager, she was certain he was the man she was destined to marry. But a traumatic event from Caith's past led him to fear a future together. He left Veronica, hoping to save her from a terrible fate. Twelve years later, Caith, now a P.I., is hired to investigate bizarre incidents at the secluded retreat Veronica manages. Returning to his hometown, Caith is forced to face his nightmares—and his feelings for the woman he’s always loved.
After the callous way Caith broke her heart, Veronica isn’t thrilled to see him again. But strange occurrences have taken a dangerous toll on business at Stone Willow Lodge. Forced to work together, Veronica discovers it isn’t ghostly apparitions that frighten her, but her passion for a man she has never forgotten. Or forgiven. Can two people with a tarnished past unearth a magical future?

About the Book

Genre:  Romantic Suspense/Mystery
Author:  Mae Clair
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): PG13

Buy This Book

Author Social Media

Website:  http://maeclair.net/  


  1. A beautiful cover, Mae. Welcome back to RLF!

    1. Thank you so much, Kayelle. It's wonderful to visit again. Thanks for hosting me!

  2. I'm looking forward to reading this -- it's my "reward" for getting some writing done today! Congrats on all the upcoming releases. :)

  3. Hi, Donna. Thanks so much and I hope you enjoy Caith and Veronica's story. I really love the mystery at the center of this book, but it has plenty of romance, too. And super congrats on getting some writing done. :) That's always a wonderful sense of accomplishment!

  4. A lovely book and interview too. I highly recommend Myth and Magic, as I already read it, to fans of mystery, suspense, romance.

    1. Hi, Carmen. Thanks so much for popping in and for your support. I'm always thrilled when someone says they enjoyed one of my books! :)

  5. I'm look ing forward to reading this, best of luck!
    Jacquie Biggar

    1. I'm delighted to hear you're looking forward to reading it. And thanks so much for the well wishes. They are much appreciated!

  6. I love the premise of Myth and Magic. Congratulations on a terrific story!

    1. Thank you so much. I'm delighted to hear it has you intrigued. :)

  7. I don't think I have read any Friedman. I will need to check that out. Good luck with the tour. :-)

  8. Thanks, Sherry! And C. S. Friedman's Coldfire Trilogy is spectacular! I've read the first book (Black Sun Rising) three times! :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...