October 31, 2015

Happy (Halloween) Birthday 2015 @MFRW_ORG #MFRWorg #MFRWauthor #RLFblog

Happy birthday to Marketing for Romance Writers 2015. I created MFRWorg on Halloween, 9 years ago this year. It's hard to believe it's been that long. It had about 12 members because those were the people I was always talking to and we would ask each other marketing type questions. We were each other's resource. I had been getting emails for a long time and would answer with what I knew. When I realized I was getting the same questions in slightly different forms from multiple people, I decided to make it easier on all of us and create a group where we could post once and get answers from everyone. Voila! MFRW was born. 

I should have called it Marketing for Writers. Many of our current members don't write romance, but some principles carry over to every kind of book, and every kind of writer. It doesn't matter though, because those who don't mind looking past the name will find answers to their questions.

There are thousands of members now. The group fills a unique place, and creates a safe place to ask questions, without having to deal with constant promo. However, if you need a place to share a post, come ask. Opportunities abound.

What is Marketing for Romance Writers?

MFRW is a peer-oriented mentoring group open to the entire literary community. Ask your marketing-related questions, or request help, advice, or opinions. You can learn how to create a professional image and use it effectively, as well as ask for opportunities to join other authors in promotional efforts. You can learn the business aspects of writing.

News about pitch sessions and calls for submission are posted on the Yahoo group. As a member, you can attend exclusive, member-only pitch events with publishers. Members can attend free, online workshops and seminars.

Marketing for Romance Writers promotes for its members on most social media. Get your book cover pinned on one of the MFRW Pinterest boards, and show off your cover models. Share your tweets with the MFRW street team and get them shared on Twitter. The hashtags #MFRWorg #MFRWauthor, and #MFRWhop promote for you. Link your blog to a community hop and draw readers to your site.

If you have questions about marketing your books, join us. The MFRW motto is "seek, teach, share, learn, succeed." Services and membership are free.
MFRW promotes its members 

Happy birthday, MFRW. Here's to many more!

Social Media

Marketing for Romance Writers http://marketingforromancewriters.org/

Kayelle Allen


  1. Happy birthday and congratulations! here's to manymanymany more years!

  2. Happy birthday .... and many thanks to you and to your wonderful team for everything you do for us writers. You're a star!

  3. Thank you. :) I'm glad the idea has proven so useful over the years.

  4. I'm grateful for the kindness and support of this wonderful group. Thanks for all you do.


  5. I joined MFRW in 2012 as a newly published author and I have to say it's one of the smartest things I've ever done. I've learned so much about the business of writing that might have taken years to grasp if I wasn't a part of this group. Thanks Kayelle, for creating this invaluable resource.

  6. Happy Birthday MRFW. I have learned so much. Everyone is so kind and always willing to help. You have created a great group and I am proud to be a member :)

  7. I'm going to save these comments for our 10 year celebration info. Thank you so much everyone.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...