November 27, 2015

Serving the Serpent a new #fantasy by @DaisyBanks16 #RLFblog

This quick interview includes info about the author, and introduces the story.

About the Author

Interview with Daisy Banks

Why did you write this book?
After a visit to Wales during the spring when the turf is so vibrant on the hillsides I got the idea of the three dragons. I could see them hidden away in the depths of the mountains and then as I thought about it I found Ceri, the girl who is responsible for their care. I played with the idea for a while before letting the story run. Eventually the tale turned into a love story, with a Norwegian dragon in search of his mate and Leif, his servant who discovers Ceri is like him and serves the serpent.
What is your favorite genre to read?
I enjoy reading a great deal. I read all kinds of books, historical, paranormal, mystery, sci-fi, and both light and dark fantasy. I think fantasy remains my favorite genre to read. I love the world building in fantasy as it sparks my imagination. I also find fantasy is often a very visual read and I like seeing the images writers create.
Who is your favorite character from fiction (not including your own)?
My all time favorite character is Merlin. I’ve enjoyed every book I’ve read where Merlin appears. I suppose he is the archetypal teacher, the holder of secret wisdom and knowledge. I like that about him. I’ve also enjoyed stories that reveal Merlin’s humanity and his weakness along with his strength. I think writers can and will continue to explore the character of Merlin for a long time to come.
What are you working on at the moment, and will see from you in coming months?
At present I am working on promoting my book Christmas Carols and my new release Serving the Serpent. I have just finished two short stories for the Sexy to Go compilation boxed sets for December and the Christmas Special.
I will be offering a free read on my blog over the Christmas period and am working on a sexy sci-fi.
For next year I have a historical to complete, a murder mystery romance with humorous elements, and the final part in the Timeless Trilogy. I’ll also be writing several short stories for the Sexy to Go boxed sets. I guess I will be busy.
Please tell us about your latest book.
Serving the Serpent-Blurb:
In Wales, Ceridwyn takes up her inherited duty to care for the dragons in the mountains. Awed by them and the huge book about them, she is determined to prove her worth.
Far away in Norway, Leif has growing concerns for his sick dragon. He discovers only one cure will stop his dragon’s suffering. The mighty Herensuge must journey to find his bonded mate.
When they meet, Ceri and Leif make combined efforts to aid the dragons and discover an astonishing surprise. The great lore book each of them protects tells they have a responsibility to the future. At this rare and magical time, not only the dragon pairing must occur.
Join Ceri and Leif as they work to keep the sworn silence and keep the dragons safe. Friendship is growing between them, but will it be enough? Can love blossom between two chosen to serve the serpent?

About the Book

Title Serving the Serpent
Genre Fantasy
Author Daisy Banks
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): G

Buy This Book

Barnes and Noble

Author Social Media

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...