November 12, 2015

Season of Surprises a new #holidayanthology by @VickiBatman #RLFblog

This quick interview includes info about the author, and introduces the story.

About the Author

Award-winning author, Vicki Batman, has sold many romantic comedy works to the True magazines, several publishers, and most recently, two romantic comedy mysteries to The Wild Rose Press. She is a member of Romance Writers of America, Sisters in Crime, and several writing groups. An avid Jazzerciser. Handbag lover. Mahjong player. Yoga practitioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Chocoaholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome Hubby. Most days begin with her hands set to the keyboard and thinking "What if??"


Interview with Vicki Batman

Why did you write this book?
Last year, I was asked to participate in the Season of Magic holiday anthology. It did really really well and when asked to participate again, I said yes. But I wrote this particular story because of my love for handbags, specifically Enid Collins bags. They are wonderful stenciled and jeweled creations originally sold through Neiman Marcus. I love them. And created my own brand with a design for this holiday story.
What is your favorite genre to read?
I cut my teeth on mysteries like the Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden; so I am a huge mystery fan. I also like contemporary romance, especially with a touch of humor. And historical romances sweep me away like a Calgon moment.
Who is your favorite character from fiction (not including your own)?
I love wacky Stephanie Plum but mostly because Janet E. writes stories with humor. When I finished my first one to read, Four to Score, I fell in love with Janet E’s humor and said, “Finally.”
What are you working on at the moment, and will see from you in coming months?
I’m doing edits on Temporarily Insane, a romantic comedy mystery. AND yes, there will be another holiday anthology next year. Mine is tentatively entitled The Littliest Angel. I have a great backstory to share. I have a few more stories banked and I’m looking for a good spot for them.
Please tell us about your latest book.
Season of Surprises is a holiday anthology which features my romantic comedy short story, “Holiday Handbag Extravaganza.” Here’s something to share about it: Christmas Countdown is on! Hunk-a-licious customer, Jack Treadaway, pesters boutique owner, Callie Woods, to locate a vintage handbag for his mother. Too bad the wedge between them is his sister, the meanest girl in town.

About the Book

Title: Season of Surprises featuring “Holiday Handbag Extravaganza.”
Genre: all genres
Author : Vicki Batman, Merry Holly, Cara Marsi, Gerri Brousseau, Roberta Lerman, Madison West, Jane Gale, Kristin Drew
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): PG13

Buy This Book

Publisher: Indie

Author Social Media

Season of Surprises on FB: https://www.facebook.com/ASeasonOfMagic

18 comments:

  1. Love Vicki Batman stories. They always leave you with a smile. This one is guaranteed merriment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Vicki. I loved your story in Season of Surprises, especially knowing how much you love handbags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gerri! I surprised myself when writing this one and love how it all worked out.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing with us this fun book of Holiday "surprises" Vicki! :) It sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is amazing and the story sounds fabulous too. I love your books! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Melissa! I love the cover too. I hope JOY is conveyed which is what the holidays are about. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Huge fan Vicki! Best of luck with the new release :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jacquie! A huge fan??? LOL. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. I collect unusual handbags too. My favorite is a leather watering pitcher from the Getty gift shop. I also love Christmas stories.

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Toni! That would be a fun handbag to own. I love writing Christmas stories. I think I've written six and each are near and dear to me. Hugs!

      Delete
  7. Trixie Belden, a blast from the past. Not only was my sister a fan of Trixie Belden books, she now buys them for her godchild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Angela! weird. My phone doesn't do posts. lol. I bought Trixie books and shared with my niece, only I think she didn't read them. A shame.

      Delete
  8. Oh, gosh! I need to get in the Christmas mood, and your story sounds perfect for it!!! I can't wait to read it, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Red! I am already behind on Christmas. Maybe someone in your life will enjoy a handbag??? LOL

      Delete
  9. Hi Vicki! I love your fun stories and just bought the book as a treat to myself! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sharon! Oh thank you so much. I love treating myself to books. But I especially love you visited with me. Hugs, my friend.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...