January 13, 2016

Louis LaForge from Wolf on the Hunt by @njwaltersauthor #RLFblog #paranormalromance

Interview with Louis LaForge

This interview is designed for your hero or heroine to tell readers about himself or herself. Answer the questions as if the character were talking.

Tell us about yourself, please.
What do you want to know, chère? My name is Louis LaForge and I am a werewolf. My brother is the alpha of the Salvation Pack. If this was a normal pack, I would be considered his second, his enforcer. But we’re not about hierarchy here. We left our former pack because we wanted something different out of life, something better. We didn’t want to be always fighting for position in the pack, never able to trust. We all want what is best for the pack. We’re a peaceful bunch, until provoked. It’s my job to protect the pack from all threats.
Authors call what you want but cannot have "the conflict" -- what is yours?
All the other members of my pack have found a woman, a mate. Chances aren’t good that I’ll be as lucky. I’ve resigned myself to being alone. The pack is my life. I mean, even if I found a woman, what can I offer her? My own father is trying to kill me. It wouldn’t be safe for her. Until that threat is gone, I’m better off alone.
In the story world your author created, explain what it is you fear most and why.
My biggest fear was always that I might lose one of my family in this war with our former pack. Now that I’ve found Gray, my fear is that she might be hurt, might be taken from me. *lets out a breathe* Yeah, that’s something I don’t want to think about.
Tell us about your significant other, that person who makes living worthwhile.
Gray is my heart, an unexpected gift. I thought I was content with my life the way it was until she exploded into it. She’s the most selfless, giving, and kind woman I’ve ever known. Talented too. She’s an amazing artist. That’s why she was in Salvation to begin with—to sketch and paint the local wildlife. That’s why she was around when I had that little problem with some local hunters. She’s too good for me, but I’m keeping her.
What would that person say about you?
*grins* You’ll have to ask her that. I know she thinks I’m stubborn, but everything I do is to ensure her safety.
What is your family like?
My brother and I are close, but I consider the three other founding members of the pack to be family by choice, if not by blood. They’ve all found mates, and there is nothing I won’t do, nothing I haven’t done in order to protect them.
What special skills do you rely on?
I’m a werewolf. Enough said.

About the Writer

N.J. Walters is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who has always been a voracious reader, and now she spends her days writing novels of her own. Vampires, werewolves, dragons, time-travelers, seductive handymen, and next-door neighbors with smoldering good looks—all vie for her attention. It’s a tough life, but someone’s got to live it.

Why did you choose this character for the interview today?
Louis is a complex man, and a dangerous one. He stays in the background a lot, content to let his brother lead the pack, but Louis is strong enough to be alpha of his own pack if he wanted. It’s love of family and friends that keeps him always diligent about the protection of the pack. He’s the one who deals the most with the outside world so the others don’t have too. I knew it would take a very special woman to see him for the remarkable man he is, someone who would want to share some of his burdens, take care of him, love him.
When writing the book, what did you discover about this character that surprised you?
Louis always stayed in the background in the other books, a quiet and watchful presence. I always knew he had a core of steel, I just didn’t realize how much until I wrote this book. I also didn’t realize just how lonely he was either.
Are any sequels planned for this book?
There are four more books in the Salvation Pack series: Wolf on a Mission (April 2016), Wolf in his Heart (July 2016), Wolf in her Soul (October 2016), and Wolf of her Own (2017).
Why should readers who haven't picked up one of your books before give this one a try?
Wolf on the Hunt is a love story about two strong willed, independent people who find one another when they least expect it. There is plenty of action, suspense and heat. If you enjoy paranormal romance, then give the Salvation Pack werewolves a try.
Is there anything you'd like to say to your readers?
Thank you! Because of you, I’m able to do something I love for a living. I never take that for granted.

About the Book

Title Wolf on the Hunt
Genre Paranormal Romance
Author N.J. Walters
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): R
In the hunt for love, there’s no going halfway.
Salvation Pack, Book 5
Drawn to Salvation by her passion for nature, Gray Everson’s looking forward to some peace and quiet to work on her paintings. She didn’t expect hunters shooting up the forest around the cabin she rented. And she certainly didn’t expect to find a wounded wolf.
It’s only after Gray sends the hunters packing that she realizes the creature hidden in her cabin is no ordinary wolf. He’s a ruggedly handsome man with an extraordinary ability Gray thought only existed in fiction.
Louis LaForge has given up on finding a mate and channels all his energy into protecting his pack. But his instant attraction to a skittish artist is more than simple lust. There’s something about Gray he just can’t put his finger on—until he gets close enough to touch her.
Louis is sure of what he wants, but pushing Gray too far, too fast is risky. The hunters aren’t going away peacefully, and Louis’s former pack is coming for him. When the final battle comes, there will be only one way to protect everyone he loves.

Buy This Book

Barnes and Noble http://tinyurl.com/oo3ge8g

Author Social Media


  1. NJ, welcome back! Love the new cover.

  2. Thank you so much for having me here, Kayelle. The covers for this series are spectacular. I love them all.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...