August 22, 2016

Heartbreaking Desire by @susanvaughn1124 #RLFblog #contemporaryromance

Today's featured book is Heartbreaking Desire by Susan V. Vaughn.

About the Book

Title Heartbreaking Desire
Genre contemporary romance
Author Susan V. Vaughn
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): R
Kaylee Rybak’s life is a nightmare. Her mother’s addiction to drugs is spiraling out of control. And for months she has had a recurring dream that just might be a prediction of her mother’s death. She is determined to use her psychic ability to prevent this tragedy. But when a man from her past comes back to town, she loses herself in the passion between them. Now her family’s future is on the line—and so is her heart.
Tony Reynolds has been in love with his best friend’s little sister for sixteen long years. But the moment he got up enough nerve to tell her, an unexpected family tragedy forced his life in another direction. Now, after three long years of separation, Tony is back in Bay Shore to take over his old mentor’s mechanic shop, and to secure Kaylee’s heart. But will she accept his love when he finally puts it all on the line?

Buy This Book

About the Author

Romance Author, Susan Vaughn understood the meaning of sarcasm before she could walk.  Her childhood in the suburbs of Detroit was spent mainly trying to outwit her six creative siblings.  When she wasn’t working on the next soul crushing jab, she sharpened her imagination on romantic literature and day dreamed about her knight in shining armor.
It didn’t take long for this hairdresser by trade to turn her passion for reading romances into writing her own unique love stories.  Susan lives her life finding laughter in all situations, and delights in marrying sarcasm with romance to create realistic falling-in-love stories in the unlikeliest of scenarios.  
Susan lives on the shores of Lake Huron with her real life knight in shining armor and enjoys watching their three children learn the art of sarcasm and wit.

Author Social Media


  1. I've just begun my journey into this series and the complexities the characters are involved with! I am so excited to continue with the series and have so many questions about where you will take the characters. What I'm really curious about is how do you decide, in a series, which character or characters to focus on in books that follow the first one? Is this decided early on or as you complete a book? Thanks for all your books, Susan!

    1. Thank you for your wonderful comments! As a writer I like to hit dialogue first and then attack the action. In this way my characters show me who they are, and where they want to go. In the case with my Bay Shore Series, I started with the bakery owner Louise, and wanted to pair her with a strong yet wounded alpha male, who ended up being Isaac. A couple pages into writing Burning Desire Isaac's siblings came to mind. Then I knew I had to write their stories too. I didn't map this series out, I probably should have. Burning Desire was intended to be one book. Only later on did I feel strongly this needed to be a three book series. So I guess I followed my gut :)
      I do feel that when you are being creative it is important to put it all out there, and then worry about the details later. Don't stifle what's inside!

  2. Welcome back to RLF. Every time you're here it's a party. :)

    1. Happy to be back Kayelle! Thank you for having me again. I love a good RLF party :)

  3. Hi Everyone! Heartbreaking Desire is the last book in my Bay Shore Series. It is my favorite actually. I wanted to give you a little preview. I hope you enjoy...

    He turned off the sink and dried his hands. The grease was mostly gone, and for that he was thankful. But now he was stuck at the shop, waiting for either Kay or Lucy to show up, and hoping it wouldn’t be both women at the same time. It was past eight and the shop was now closed, so maybe Kay’s threat to come in was just that: a threat. He knew Lucy was desperate for a place to crash, and she might not stay away tonight, even though she promised. It was raining hard and extremely windy. Nobody should have to sleep in the streets in this weather.
    The door to the shop creaked open, and loud footsteps followed the sound. He knew his wait was over. But who would it be? His heart yearned for it to be Kay, but his mind yearned for a rest, so it had better be Lucy. Fighting with Kay tonight was the last thing he needed. He took a breath, and walked out of the bathroom to greet his fate.
    “Where’s Harrold?” Kay demanded, hands on her hips, and her blue eyes blazing with anger.
    He clenched his jaw in annoyance, while his heart sprang to life. No “hello.” No “how are you doing?” No “I’m sorry for being a brat today.” Just “where’s my car?” “Well, hello to you too, Kay,” he grumbled, rolling his eyes. Her anger ignited his instantly, which wasn’t hard to do, considering the day he was having and all the crap he was dealing with, just for her. But was she grateful? Nooooo.
    “I’m here for my car.” She stomped over to his side, raven hair whipping wildly around her shoulders, igniting other things in his body besides anger. “You knew I was coming, and you knew I was pissed. So don’t act all shocked I don’t want to make small talk.”
    “I’m not shocked, just annoyed.” He turned from her and walked into the back shop room, where Harrold waited, still broken and pathetic. When Kay found out she couldn’t drive her piece of crap home, she would be singing a different tune.
    “Why are you annoyed?” she said angrily, trailing behind him, stomping the entire way. “You’re the one who was insensitive and mean this morning.”
    “And you’re the one still acting like an ungrateful princess,” he pointed out, turning back to her when they reached Harrold’s rusty blue carcass. “Your chariot awaits, Cinderella,” he said sarcastically gesturing toward Harrold. “Good luck making him move.”

  4. Hey Susan,

    So happy to see that the third book in your series is out today. I can't wait to read the one you consider to be your favorite. May I ask why you consider it as your favorite out of the three?

    Anyways, it is perfect timing as I am on vacation this week. Super pumped!!!

    Thanks :)

    1. Thanks for being a fan Marion!

      I consider Heartbreaking Desire my favorite because Kaylee Rybak appears in all three books, and you really get to know her character. I couldn't wait to write her romance. And I found her book to be the most heart warming and fell good romance of the three. On top of that you get some resolution for the entire Rybak clan!

      Thanks for your great question :)

  5. mountainluv918/22/2016 11:52 AM

    I am so excited to read this final book! I've been following the Rybak clan and loving the new editions to the family. I can't wait to read who Kaylee ends up with, especially with her psychic gifts. Thanks for writing such an interesting series. I'm kinda bummed to have it come to an end, but can't wait to see what other stories might be brewing in your creative brain. Congrats and good luck!!

  6. Thank you so much for your support! I love Kaylee's psychic gift too. I think it gives her some interesting depth. I hope you enjoy Heartbreaking Desire :)

  7. Kaylee's story, finally! Tell us more about Tony. I hope he can is worthy of her. Enjoying this series. You've got another one in the works.

    1. Thank you for your support! Tony is the perfect gentleman, and a amazingly hard worker. He has been sweet on Kaylee since they were little. He finally gets to reveal his heart to her in this book. I love Tony, he is the perfect man :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...